Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

PS4 and XB1 are destroying power bills - Costing Consumers $1 Billion annually

This is a discussion on PS4 and XB1 are destroying power bills - Costing Consumers $1 Billion annually within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; wii is garbage. Nintendo needs to die like Sega did with it's consoles. nobody gives a shit about Donkey Kong. ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

wii is garbage. Nintendo needs to die like Sega did with it's consoles. nobody gives a shit about Donkey Kong. they retarded him out after the first DKC which came out 20 years ago. pokemon and legos are for KIDS.

Galaxy beauty pirate

You guys have a funny conversation going on.

Quote Originally Posted by badreligionbomb View Post
    pokemon and legos are for KIDS.
    Sig by Ramon

Hero of Kvatch

Let's compare the cost of gaming to my favorite pastime, getting drunk. I wonder which costs more, a 12 hour gaming sesh, or a 12 hour bender down the pub. I wonder?

"War, war never changes."

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Quote Originally Posted by MTL_TKO View Post
    Let's compare the cost of gaming to my favorite pastime, getting drunk. I wonder which costs more, a 12 hour gaming sesh, or a 12 hour bender down the pub. I wonder?

Combine the two and it's far more cost efficent!

Renegade Time Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    Combine the two and it's far more cost efficent!
    I am all for that... especially when I am drunk I game better which always confused me.
    Hello, I'm so pleased to finally see you. I'm The Doctor and I will be your victim this evening, are you my mummy?

Avatar, Signature and Banner by Bladia. Thank You!

KCCO!

lol, whatever power consumption the PS4 uses is a pittance compared to what really makes my bill sky-rocket ... my HVAC system. Even if the PS4 makes my bill $10 higher a month, that's a drop in the bucket. moving on ...

La Mano de Dios

Quote Originally Posted by K.I.D. View Post
    My current theory is that PS360 is a puppet manned by ant1 and Nags. They use this to post stupid shit so that they can refute and ridicule every post, thus making themselves look much cooler than I suspect they really are.
    Conspiracy theory... hmmm... That's more like and urban legend carried from past forum generations

Enjoying this thread so far XD

Lvl 4 - Silver

What a load of horse turd lol.
    THE NOOSH
    BABAGANOOSH08

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    You guys have a funny conversation going on.

I'm 27 years old and I think Lego games are fun

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Renegade Time Lord

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    As do I. But I would not get a console for just 1 game. Would have to be several coming out for it before I consider it.

Edit: I am 26
    Hello, I'm so pleased to finally see you. I'm The Doctor and I will be your victim this evening, are you my mummy?

Lvl 9 - Gold

I agree and I'm 46 so apparently there not for kids only.

Galaxy beauty pirate

I'm 7 years old and I think Lego games are fun
    Well, that's because you're a kid.

Seriously, gamers are so judgemental sometimes..

On topic: I agree with KID. Read a book if you think the cost is too much. There are more expensive hobbies out there and you can make any hobby as expensive as you want.
    Sig by Ramon

Renegade Time Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Well, that's because you're a kid.

Seriously, gamers are so judgemental sometimes..

On topic: I agree with KID. Read a book if you think the cost is too much. There are more expensive hobbies out there and you can make any hobby as expensive as you want.
    This is true. My mum hates me playing games and thinks they are stupid (even though when I was playing Darksiders 2 and fighting The Guardian she kept telling me to "Hit it in the head" and when I finally managed to get the final blow on it she said "Did that work?") she would rather me play games because I could be out doing drugs or be an alcoholic and they are more expensive then gaming. Though I am slowly getting into Warhammer 40,000 and that is really expensive.

Platinum Dohvakiin

Still uses less power than my HAVC system, water well, or the fact that there are 6 tv's in my house all hooked up to Directv and at some point during the day at least one of those bastards is on in a room with the lights on and nobody in it. Not including two desktops that I believe have never been turned completely off since we bought them. Having teens and a pre-teen is what kills my electric bill, not a gaming console.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by badreligionbomb View Post
    wii is garbage. Nintendo needs to die like Sega did with it's consoles. nobody gives a shit about Donkey Kong. they retarded him out after the first DKC which came out 20 years ago. pokemon and legos are for KIDS.
    Oooh watch out guys we got some macho CoD player over here. I honestly doubt the Nintendo Wii is "garbage" as it's the best selling console of all time, and I think quite a lot of people do give a shit about Donkey Kong. Also, it's Pokémon, and the plural of Lego is Lego, not 'legos'. Your welcome, mister I'm-Too-Macho-For-Pokémon.

worlds biggest welch fan

Meanwhile Ps360 is on a gaming Pc with a power supply that's twice the size of consoles

funny, I play video games everyday after work and on the weekends, our electric bill is 60 to 70 bucks between 3 people. The only time our bill is in the 90's is when were using heat.

Is this statistic for gamers who leave it on 24/7

Only the Wii-U has a dramatic change in power use, the Ps4 and Xbox one are very close
    Sig By Me

Mirrors Edge Platinum

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by TL OWNS U View Post
    It isn't really a system seller, but it's one of my favorite games of the next (this?) generation so far. It's one of those games you just have to try for yourself.
    I'm well aware games can look like nothing spectacular and end up being a lot of fun, but Wonderful 101 just doesn't seem to cut it for me. I'll never know for sure until I try it, but I'm not buying a Wii U just to try a game or two that I may end up not liking. I'd rather wait for games I'm interested in to come out (say, a new Metroid, Zelda and F-Zero) and for it to come free with a six-pack and then I'll consider giving the game a try. Until then, it's nothing worth considering buying a Wii U for.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

What BS is this, Ofcourse it's going to use more power on standby if you have power constantly going to the USB slots, and with kinect you can just turn it off?

Sig by: djunglist

Check Those Corners

My Xbox runs for about 6 hours a day, about 9 for PS3, and Xbox One is for about 7 hours. Electric bill has not gone up.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    I'm well aware games can look like nothing spectacular and end up being a lot of fun, but Wonderful 101 just doesn't seem to cut it for me. I'll never know for sure until I try it, but I'm not buying a Wii U just to try a game or two that I may end up not liking. I'd rather wait for games I'm interested in to come out (say, a new Metroid, Zelda and F-Zero) and for it to come free with a six-pack and then I'll consider giving the game a try. Until then, it's nothing worth considering buying a Wii U for.
    Fair enough. Just thought I should my $0.02 on the game.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast