Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

PS4 and XB1 are destroying power bills - Costing Consumers $1 Billion annually

This is a discussion on PS4 and XB1 are destroying power bills - Costing Consumers $1 Billion annually within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; my electric bill actually has gone down by about $12. i have a PS3, a PS4, just bought a new ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

my electric bill actually has gone down by about $12. i have a PS3, a PS4, just bought a new iMac computer, and usually on my PS3 and the new computer at the same time. when I'm gaming, i usually go for a few hours, sometimes up to 6. the only thing I've been doing differently besides getting my new electronics is turning light bulbs off when they're not needed. otherwise its life as usual here.

and for everyone saying that the WiiU is a great system, tell me why Nintendo only sold like 2.3 million units in 2013 when they originally estimated to sell over 12 million units

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by jaws-ate View Post
    and for everyone saying that the WiiU is a great system, tell me why Nintendo only sold like 2.3 million units in 2013
    a simple case of argumentum ad populum

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    a simple case of argumentum ad populum
    a simple case of you always confusing me...

Fight the Future

The Wii U is a great system but the problem is the competition is miles better so why would you spend your money on the Wii U when you know the only games worth playing on the system will be first party (because if third party games even come to the system they'll be watered down ports, just like last generation with the Wii) whereas the PS4 and Xbone will be getting awesome first party games as well as a bunch of great third party games too.

Just because something doesn't sell well that doesn't mean it is a bad product. Remember, the PlayStation 3 had a pretty bad start as well and I think you'd be hard pressed to find a rational person who would say that is a bad system.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I'm going to need more good reasons to buy a Wii U than it saving power

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by jaws-ate View Post
    a simple case of you always confusing me...
    Argumentum ad populum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by Parker View Post
    The Wii U is a great system but the problem is the competition is miles better so why would you spend your money on the Wii U when you know the only games worth playing on the system will be first party (because if third party games even come to the system they'll be watered down ports, just like last generation with the Wii) whereas the PS4 and Xbone will be getting awesome first party games as well as a bunch of great third party games too.

the Wii U is the only next-gen console with a actual game library

and if The XB1/PS4 Schedules are any sign, then it's gonna stay that way for the rest of 2014.

PS4 only has driveclub coming out this year. XB1 Has Sunset overdrive(?). Wii U just came out with Mario Kart 8 (which is the best Mario kart since the SNES one except for shit battle mode), and Superior Wii U ver of Smash bros over the horizon (No one will use the 3DS version for E-sports Tourneys unless they are mentally insane.) Which is getting a giant signal boost at E3 thanks to the Smash bros International.

E3 can change things, but it's very unlikely that PS4/XB1 will announce a bunch of must have exclusives that come out this year.

illegal in 9 countries

I'm gonna need a clean-up is Aisle 4. I just pissed myself laughing.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post

Lvl 9 - Gold

dis some entertaining shit, does ps360 just luv getting a beatdown all the time?? I thinks he/she gets off on it like a kid trying to get any attention it can whether good or bad!

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Man-023 View Post
    dis some entertaining shit, does ps360 just luv getting a beatdown all the time?? I thinks he/she gets off on it like a kid trying to get any attention it can whether good or bad!
    i like a good debate

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    lol you guys.

seriously though why do you consider the Wii U to be 'next-gen' ps360? come on now.

Hero of Kvatch

Personally, I consider the Wii U to be on a par with the XBox 360 and PS3.

Still, each to their own, at least we're not being forced to buy a Wii U, though the savings made from its electricity bill would surely offset the disappointment of not getting a superior console.

"War, war never changes."

Renegade Time Lord

Quote Originally Posted by MTL_TKO View Post
    Personally, I consider the Wii U to be on a par with the XBox 360 and PS3.

Still, each to their own, at least we're not being forced to buy a Wii U, though the savings made from its electricity bill would surely offset the disappointment of not getting a superior console.
    A lot of people feel that though as they are fans of Bayonneta. They have been wanting a squeal to the first game but because only Nintendo picked it up and made it exclusive to Wii U they have been complaining saying they are being left out.

Though you are right no one is putting a gun to their head and telling to buy their console, it is their choice.
    Hello, I'm so pleased to finally see you. I'm The Doctor and I will be your victim this evening, are you my mummy?

Avatar, Signature and Banner by Bladia. Thank You!

Fight the Future

Argumentum ad populum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and if The XB1/PS4 Schedules are any sign, then it's gonna stay that way for the rest of 2014.

PS4 only has driveclub coming out this year. XB1 Has Sunset overdrive(?). Wii U just came out with Mario Kart 8 (which is the best Mario kart since the SNES one except for shit battle mode), and Superior Wii U ver of Smash bros over the horizon (No one will use the 3DS version for E-sports Tourneys unless they are mentally insane.) Which is getting a giant signal boost at E3 thanks to the Smash bros International.

E3 can change things, but it's very unlikely that PS4/XB1 will announce a bunch of must have exclusives that come out this year.
    But that is the great thing about having a console with third party support, you don't have to rely on exclusives because a bunch of other companies are developing games for the console as well.

While I agree that Mario Kart 8 is the best it has been in a long time, since Mario kart 64 easily (it may even best that game too) but for me personally that is the only Wii U game that interests me this year. I couldn't care less about Smash and unless Nintendo announces a Harvest Moon for the Wii U I won't be buying anything for the system in the near future. The PS4 (and Xbone if it was my go to system) has quite a few great third party titles that have either already come out or they are due this year so to say they don't have a good game library is silly in my opinion.

Banned

i like a good debate
    I wouldn't call this a debate. You saying really stupid shit and getting corrected for it, yeah, that fits the description.

INTJ

But that is the great thing about having a console with third party support, you don't have to rely on exclusives because a bunch of other companies are developing games for the console as well.
    Why would i want third party games on the PS4/XB1 When the PC Renders them at a higher framerate and resolution?

consoles main selling points are exclusives. Wii U has them currently.

Quote Originally Posted by LordZargus View Post
    A lot of people feel that though as they are fans of Bayonneta. They have been wanting a squeal to the first game but because only Nintendo picked it up and made it exclusive to Wii U they have been complaining saying they are being left out.

Nintendo was the only one that would fund a bayonetta 2. Blame Everyone else for not picking up the offer.

Renegade Time Lord

Nintendo was the only one that would fund a bayonetta 2. Blame Everyone else for not picking up the offer.
    That would probably be because it was not as successful as it could have been. The fact that Nintendo has Bayonetta 2 is a big risk that could not pay off.

Platinum Games even said they are not alienating anyone by only having it on Wii U but in a lot of people's eyes they are. But no one is forcing them to not buy a Wii U just like no one is forcing them to buy a Wii U.

Also on the topic of exclusives, Wii U does not really have them. Just mainly the same stuff over and over. Maybe a few games that are new and different but not much.

On the topic of the power bill though I have a PS3, 360 and a PS4 and my power usage has dropped. Probably because we have had solar panels installed.
    Hello, I'm so pleased to finally see you. I'm The Doctor and I will be your victim this evening, are you my mummy?

PRO Member

Why would i want third party games on the PS4/XB1 When the PC Renders them at a higher framerate and resolution?

trophies duh

Fight the Future

If you have a powerful PC I suppose that would be the case, but for those of us who don't have a PC that can run games that came out after 2006 third party titles are system sellers too.

Renegade Time Lord

If you have a powerful PC I suppose that would be the case, but for those of us who don't have a PC that can run games that came out after 2006 third party titles are system sellers too.
    Well my mate has a good gaming PC for about 900 which is $1507.14 for about 3 years now. Keep in mind that it was built to be "future proof" as well. He bought Watch Dogs and can not run it on the Ultra Setting which means he has to spend more money on it. In my eyes they are not powerful for very long.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast