Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

PS4 and XB1 are destroying power bills - Costing Consumers $1 Billion annually

This is a discussion on PS4 and XB1 are destroying power bills - Costing Consumers $1 Billion annually within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; full report: http://www.nrdc.org/energy/game-cons...onsoles-IP.pdf PS4, Xbox One are energy hogs, add up to €œseveral power plants of electricity,€ new report finds ...

INTJ

PS4 and XB1 are destroying power bills - Costing Consumers $1 Billion annually

full report:
    http://www.nrdc.org/energy/game-cons...onsoles-IP.pdf

PS4, Xbox One are energy hogs, add up to €œseveral power plants of electricity,€ new report finds - GameSpot

The PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consume much more energy than the previous generation of consoles, a new report from the Natural Resources Defense Council finds.

"We don't have a problem with people playing games. But the problem is the amount of energy used when not playing a game," NRDC's director of high-tech energy efficiency and author of the report Pierre Delforge told USA Today.

The report explains that while all consoles have incorporated many energy efficiency features into their designs (like automatic power-down) since the last report in 2008, the increase in energy consumption comes from new features that rely on their standby or sleep modes. For example, the Xbox One uses 15 watts of continuous power in standby so you can turn it on with a voice command. A PC, by comparison, uses less than two watts when it’s in sleep mode.

The NRDC projects that if all the previous-generation consoles are replaced with the Xbox One, PS4, and Wii U, they will use roughly 10 billion kilowatt-hours of electricity a year, or the equivalent to the output of four large power plants.

Of the three, the Wii U is the only console to reduce its energy consumption from the last generation, down 8 percent despite offering more powerful hardware. It uses less than one watt in standby mode.

PS4 will destroy your power bill the most

XB1 will slightly lighten the load for everything

The Wii U is lightbulb-tier power sucker. it even uses only 1 watt in standby.

Kiwi Defender

More reasons to wait for the Slim model that consumes less electricity. That, or turn off and unplug the damn thing when you're not going to play for more than 15 minutes or when you're done playing for a long while.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

illegal in 9 countries

The PS4 power supply is MAXED at 250W. Your average Ma and Pa tinker-toy PC eats 350W. Your basic gaming rig would be upwards of 500W. A high-end gaming rig will be over 1000W.

Tell me again how the PS4 will destroy my power bill. Even the dinkiest of PCs eats more wattage. PC master race wins again...

By the way, my 27" iMac idles at 80W and maxes at 200W, which is about 1/7th of my PC + screen + keyboard + speakers. Want to cut down your power bills? Buy a Mac. Want to game? Fuck the power bill.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Want to game? Fuck the power bill.
    or buy a wii u

30 watt master race. it actually has games too unlike the competitors.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    or buy a wii u

Wind Waker HD, and... wait, that's it. And no new games on the horizon, except the new Smash Bros. that you can get on 3DS (which is cheaper, too). I'll buy a Wii U when it comes as a gift with a six pack, just like a Wii.

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Wind Waker HD, and... wait, that's it. And no new games on the horizon, except the new Smash Bros. that you can get on 3DS (which is cheaper, too). I'll buy a Wii U when it comes as a gift with a six pack, just like a Wii.
    you forgot Lego City Undercover, Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 8, DKC: Tropical Freeze, Super Mario 3D world, Nes Remix Series, Sonic Lost World, Pikmin 3, Mighty Switch Force, Scribblenauts Unlimited, etc.

have yet to see a credible argument of how they are bad. only people who don't know what the difference is between "Franchise" and "Rehash"

Plats-O'-War!!

More reasons to wait for the Slim model that consumes less electricity. That, or turn off and unplug the damn thing when you're not going to play for more than 15 minutes or when you're done playing for a long while.
    ^^This!! Its one reason why I'm waiting on a PS4 Slim.

Kiwi Defender

you forgot Lego City Undercover,
    Not interested, would rather play another sandbox or another Lego game.

Wonderful 101
    The game looks and sounds average at best. Nothing worth spending $300 for. It didn't fail misserably with critics and sales for nothing.

Bayonetta 2
    Is that thing even out? If it isn't, then it isn't worth spending $300 for, for in the end it might suck.

Mario Kart 8
    Same shit as previous Mario Karts but with crappier characters included. I'm not missing on anything I can't play on Mario Kart 64.

DKC: Tropical Freeze
    From what I've seen, it's a bad attempt at making Donkey Kong 64 again, so it's not worth buying.

Super Mario 3D world
    Same thing they've been doing since Mario 64, so nothing I'm interested in.

Nes Remix Series
    Some lame attempt at giving NES game a little twist, giving you 5 or 10 minutes of fun at most. Would rather play the original games, and I can do that on an internet browser.

Sonic Lost World
    There hasn't been a good Sonic game in about a decade, so no thanks.

Pikmin 3
    Never liked Pikmin.

Mighty Switch Force
    What's that?

Scribblenauts Unlimited
    Can play Scribblenauts on 3DS and PC, so no need to buy a Wii U to play that.

etc.

have yet to see a credible argument of how they are bad. only people who don't know what the difference is between "Franchise" and "Rehash
    So that's the huge list of games. Wow. Pretty much as many as the Xbox One and PS死 do counting all those multiplat games, therefore, just as useless.

Also, Mario Kart 8 is a rehash of Mario Kart Wii, which is a rehash of Mario Kart 64. Same goes for Super Mario 3D World. They offer a bit of new content, but it's ultimately the same shit you've been playing since the franchises made "the big jump" to 3D.

Toggle Spoiler

illegal in 9 countries

or buy a wii u

Try 0 watt...they're never fucking turned on.
    Master race indeed.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Funny as my power bill hasn't went up much since I bought a PS4(2 or 3 bucs at the most but then again I have kids) so I don't really care. Good luck on your "buy a WiiU campaign cause it has more games then its competitors" kick. Its been out longer so of course it will have more games.

PRO Member

or buy a wii u

I have a strong dislike for you.... pull your vagina off of Nintendo's head. My God, you're tedious.

Get bent...

you forgot Lego City Undercover, Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 8, DKC: Tropical Freeze, Super Mario 3D world, Nes Remix Series, Sonic Lost World, Pikmin 3, Mighty Switch Force, Scribblenauts Unlimited, etc.

have yet to see a credible argument of how they are bad. only people who don't know what the difference is between "Franchise" and "Rehash"
    No need for a credible argument.

It's the Wii-U. Nobody gives a shit.

With all the Nintendick you keep sucking, do they at least pay you? Maybe buy you a six-pack afterwards?
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

Notorious K.I.D.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisValentine View Post
    I have a strong dislike for you.... pull your vagina off of Nintendo's head. My God, you're tedious.
    My current theory is that PS360 is a puppet manned by ant1 and Nags. They use this to post stupid shit so that they can refute and ridicule every post, thus making themselves look much cooler than I suspect they really are.

My personal feeling on the matter is...

1. I already got suckered into buying a Wii, not going down that road again. The only thing Nintendo is good for to my kids (whom I consider to be hardcore gamers) is Pokemon, they just want a 3DS.

2. If you're gonna complain because you're hobby costs an extra buck or two a month, you better stick to reading books. There's much more expensive and harmful stuff you can do in your spare time than game.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by K.I.D. View Post
    My current theory is that PS360 is a puppet manned by ant1 and Nags. They use this to post stupid shit so that they can refute and ridicule every post, thus making themselves look much cooler than I suspect they really are.
    If only that were true KID. Stupid post is stupid. I'm just here to set the record straight so people don't fall for this horse shit.

And being cool is much harder than it looks. It's taken decades of pretending not to care about what other people think to get this ice-cold exterior.

Notorious K.I.D.

If only that were true KID. Stupid post is stupid. I'm just here to set the record straight so people don't fall for this horse shit.

And being cool is much harder than it looks. It's taken decades of pretending not to care about what other people think to get this ice-cold exterior.
    Hey, you have to admit it borders on believability. Plus maybe a conspiracy theory is just what this place needs to liven things up a bit.

P.S. Just in case you thought it was a crack at you and Nags, it wasn't, it was a dig at PS360.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

Lvl 8 - Gold

and being cool is much harder than it looks. It's taken decades of pretending not to care about what other people think to get this ice-cold exterior.
    subzero wins... Fatality

Negator

....and all the good jokes are taken already.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Forget I Was Ever Here

I can say my electric bill actually hasn't gone up since day 1 release even with having my other two PS3's hooked up at all times plus one is on about 18-20 hours a day.

It is time for me to go underground

Lvl 4 - Silver

My PC uses more power than a PS4. I think everything will be fine.

The game looks and sounds average at best. Nothing worth spending $300 for. It didn't fail misserably with critics and sales for nothing.
    It isn't really a system seller, but it's one of my favorite games of the next (this?) generation so far. It's one of those games you just have to try for yourself.

PRO Member

No self-respecting adult male is picking up Lego City Undercover. Come on now.

As for scribblenauts, pikmin, mario kart, DKC and SM3dw, don't blame people for being sick to death of these franchises.

nes remix series? no.

sonic? no.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast