Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Watch Dogs will punish you if you aren't online

This is a discussion on Watch Dogs will punish you if you aren't online within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by alexh7686 The online hacking etc does look great but it does seem like a bit of a ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by alexh7686 View Post
    The online hacking etc does look great but it does seem like a bit of a harsh punishment. As the game is based on hacking it does make sense to constantly be under threat of being hacked by a random online player however I don't think you should be punished as harshly for going offline. Perhaps getting less notoriety points for objectives or however you earn them as since you've essentially made the game easier you get less reward.
    The thing is, you're not "under threat" of being hacked. They explained a long time ago that if someone successfully hacks you, you lose NOTHING. The other person gets some money, but your actual singleplayer game is unaffected (this is during the seamless gameplay modes). This is where Notoriety comes into play. They of course have actual MP modes now, but those are separate from the campaign with its seamless, connected gameplay. In my opinion, whether you play your game online or offline should be decided as soon as you start the campaign. If you don't mind being invaded and you want to earn the trophies for "Online Hacking" and "Online Tailing", then leave the feature turned on. If you don't care about trophies and don't want to be bothered at all, then turn it off. But you lose absolutely nothing by just letting yourself be hacked/tailed. Heck, just letting an invader do their thing could almost be viewed as consensual boosting, haha. But not having access to a point system and skills that only affect the invasion content when you choose to not allow yourself to be invaded isn't a punishment, harsh or otherwise. It's basic game system design.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by AizawaYuuichi View Post
    The thing is, you're not "under threat" of being hacked. They explained a long time ago that if someone successfully hacks you, you lose NOTHING. The other person gets some money, but your actual singleplayer game is unaffected (this is during the seamless gameplay modes).
    gay

i want there to be a risk for when im attacked otherwise why should i give a shit.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I think I'll just go ahead and get all of the online trophies out of the way so I can disable it and enjoy the SP. Most of the gameplay videos you see shows someone jumping into another players game and sneaking up on them to hack but what about the players that are just going to be trolling by not even trying to hack. Just jumping in, walking up behind you on the street while you are exploring and putting a bullet in the back of your head. Doesn't sound like a feature I would like turned on all the time.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    its a constantly online game, like dark souls.

people invade your game, you invade other people. Whether you like it or not.

the skills it removes is ones you earn by doing this invasion shit.
    No it isn't a constantly online game. The game has single-player and multi-player. Only that Ubisoft fucked the single-player up by adding multi-player elements.

gay

i want there to be a risk for when im attacked otherwise why should i give a shit.
    Yeah, me too, in multi-player though. That's the whole point.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by harryisonfire View Post
    No it isn't a constantly online game. The game has single-player and multi-player. Only that Ubisoft fucked the single-player up by adding multi-player elements
    i prefer the mp in sp idea way more than shoving in some shitty defend the data MP missions no one cares about.

Yeah, me too, in multi-player though. That's the whole point.
    oh yay shoehorned MP missions instead of having cool immersive MP invasions and hackings.

theres a reason dark souls is so popular. would of been the same for watch dogs if they added actual risks to hacking players.

Renegade Time Lord

All we have to go on is one image, speculation and nothing else. How about we wait another 4 days when the game comes out and then we can get the whole story and make up our own minds before jumping to conclusions and getting things wrong.

I do not mind if this feture is in this game as I played Demon's Souls and that has a similar feature which Dark Souls used as well.
    Hello, I'm so pleased to finally see you. I'm The Doctor and I will be your victim this evening, are you my mummy?

Avatar, Signature and Banner by Bladia. Thank You!

INTJ

after playing the game a bit, the notoriety skills are kinda overpowered too.

seriously like the first skill you get hurts cars faster with guns, a single magazine can make the car smoke. others include hacking scan range shrinking, Increased comm jam duration, and the highest skill lets you see the model the player is using to hack you.

Banned

after playing the game a bit, the notoriety skills are kinda overpowered too.

seriously like the first skill you get hurts cars faster with guns, a single magazine can make the car smoke. others include hacking scan range shrinking, Increased comm jam duration, and the highest skill lets you see the model the player is using to hack you.
    Ah, so you're one of those PC gamers that give PC gamers such a great name. Downloading torrented leaked games for free and such.

Then you guys wonder why you're not getting GTA V for PC...
    Last edited by harryisonfire; 05-25-2014 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Grammar

INTJ

Ah, so you're one of those PC gamers that give PC gamers such a great name. Downloading torrented leaked games for free and such.

Then you guys wonder why you're not getting GTA V for PC...
    i bought the game so who cares

just wanted to play it a few days early. Ubisoft still gets my money.

when it officially comes out ill be able to play the MP side of it. For now im just burning through all the amazing singleplayer content (there is alot)

and even if i didn't buy it, ubisoft deserves to not get my money. They are well known for being terrible PC version game makers and then blaming pirates for the reason why their game sold like shit instead of their own incompetence.

also, anyone who thinks GTA V won't come to pc is in the highest form of denial due to the mass amount of evidence pointing to it. Guaranteed they are waiting so they can make the PS4/XB1 versions to release with it.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by TL OWNS U View Post
    Game doesn't look good anyway.
    How would you know that Watch Dogs doesn't look good? You can't tell by saying that.
    Last edited by AngelStar; 05-25-2014 at 10:13 PM.

Banned

i bought the game so who cares

just wanted to play it a few days early. Ubisoft still gets my money.

when it officially comes out ill be able to play the MP side of it. For now im just burning through all the amazing singleplayer content (there is alot)

and even if i didn't buy it, ubisoft deserves to not get my money. They are well known for being terrible PC version game makers and then blaming pirates for the reason why their game sold like shit instead of their own incompetence.

also, anyone who thinks GTA V won't come to pc is in the highest form of denial due to the mass amount of evidence pointing to it. Guaranteed they are waiting so they can make the PS4/XB1 versions to release with it.
    Boy oh boy, here we go! I'd just love it if you could show me some genuine evidence by Rockstar about a PC release. Of course, it's fine to pirate your games if you think the devs don't deserve your money, yup, that justifies it and makes it totally okay.

I don't have anything against PC gamers in general. It's just another gaming platform in my opinion. It's you "PC master race" elitists that piss me off. Yes, we know you have better graphics. Yes, we know you have mods. We get the fucking message. As it happens, I don't give a rats ass. Just don't ask why you get so much hate when 95% of you pirate your games then ruin them with mods.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Or, you know... they could have been playing one of the broken street date copies like hundreds, if not thousands, of others are doing. I have a friend who was playing this on Saturday before launch, because a store near him decided to start selling their copies early. It's not uncommon.
    Obviously it was a pirated copy, but no need to jump to the most negative conclusion, when there are other alternatives.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AizawaYuuichi View Post
    Or, you know... they could have been playing one of the broken street date copies like hundreds, if not thousands, of others are doing. I have a friend who was playing this on Saturday before launch, because a store near him decided to start selling their copies early. It's not uncommon.
    Obviously it was a pirated copy, but no need to jump to the most negative conclusion, when there are other alternatives.
    I agree, it's just pretry fucking typical.

INTJ

Boy oh boy, here we go! I'd just love it if you could show me some genuine evidence by Rockstar about a PC release. Of course, it's fine to pirate your games if you think the devs don't deserve your money, yup, that justifies it and makes it totally okay.

I don't have anything against PC gamers in general. It's just another gaming platform in my opinion. It's you "PC master race" elitists that piss me off. Yes, we know you have better graphics. Yes, we know you have mods. We get the fucking message. As it happens, I don't give a rats ass. Just don't ask why you get so much hate when 95% of you pirate your games then ruin them with mods.
    i only ever torrented two games my entire life (including this one). If that causes a major problem for the game industry then they are in massive dire help.

steam/GMG/GOG makes it too easy to get a legit copy. Enjoy paying 60$ for a game that came out 6 months ago when i can get it for 15$. This is how you compete with free.

Watch dogs is not competing with free, thus it will be pirated. The torrent includes all the pre-order bonus dlc that they seperated into 5 SPECIAL EDITIONS. You get more content (extra gameplay time (over 1 hour of extra content) , costumes, etc.) pirating the game for free than paying 60$ at your favorite retailer for one dlc pack. this is why games are pirated.

also the tons o proof, all they have to do is confirm the PC release date for GTA V since they basically told us it exists in game files.

http://www.gamesradar.com/gta-5-pc-w...strong-ignore/

and as for mods, they actually improve games. Skyrim is a piece of shit till you install gameplay overhauls and fixes that the devs fucked up. Entire huge communities still exist for old games due to modding alone. Every good game developer knows that modding is key to keeping your game alive for years.

illegal in 9 countries

i only ever torrented two games my entire life (including this one). If that causes a major problem for the game industry then they are in massive dire help.
    Now that's believable testimony...

What you really meant to say was "I only ever torrented two games my entire life THAT I WENT ON TO BUY! (including this one)."

Yeah. That's more like it.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Now that's believable testimony...

What you really meant to say was "I only ever torrented two games my entire life THAT I WENT ON TO BUY! (including this one)."

Yeah. That's more like it.
    im actually serious

both were games i actually had preordered on steam before doing it and both were leaked early

mass effect 2 and watch dogs

never torrented a single game besides that unless it was legal, like black mesa source for example

Banned

i only ever torrented two games my entire life (including this one).
    I find that very hard to believe.

also the tons o proof, all they have to do is confirm the PC release date for GTA V since they basically told us it exists in game files.

GTA 5 on PC - why the evidence is too strong to ignore | GamesRadar

and as for mods, they actually improve games. Skyrim is a piece of shit till you install gameplay overhauls and fixes that the devs fucked up. Entire huge communities still exist for old games due to modding alone. Every good game developer knows that modding is key to keeping your game alive for years.
    Oh I'm sorry, I said genuine evidence, not some random website article saying how a PC release is so inevitable because the game was made on PC (pretty much like all games), and because some random pieces of code point to that. All this so called 'evidence' you PC fanboys are talking about is basically just your own hopes about one happening, seeing as all the 'evidence' I've seen so far is basically stuff like this article, saying how a PC release has got to happen because yadda yadda yadda. I'm not saying it's not going to happen, but how can you guys be so bloody sure when Rockstar haven't even mentioned the tiniest bit of information regarding a PC release.

Also, I'll agree some mods make games look better and fix certain things, but when most of the mods for GTA IV were basically stupid 'funny' ones that just made the game look naff, well, put it this way, if I was Rockstar, I wouldn't want that happening to V.

To everyone else, I apologize for going so off-topic, but certain things had to be said.

im actually serious
    I don't think people take you seriously when you write like a twelve year-old.

INTJ

Oh I'm sorry, I said genuine evidence, not some random website article saying how a PC release is so inevitable because the game was made on PC (pretty much like all games), and because some random pieces of code point to that. All this so called 'evidence' you PC fanboys are talking about is basically just your own hopes about one happening, seeing as all the 'evidence' I've seen so far is basically stuff like this article, saying how a PC release has got to happen because yadda yadda yadda.
    it has all the evidence you need

AMD Driver Profile (it shouldn't even exist unless its being developed as a PC game), PC Game control things that arnt connected to a DEV mode, people who datamined the game saying it's setup PC Game style, etc.

oh no i dont type the way you do the horror.

i only type properly in essays and stuff, who cares in a internet forum. if a few capital letters missing piss you off then you have bigger issues to deal with.

PRO Member

listen to yourself.

Banned

it has all the evidence you need

AMD Driver Profile (it shouldn't even exist unless its being developed as a PC game), PC Game control things that arnt connected to a DEV mode, people who datamined the game saying it's setup PC Game style, etc.

oh no i dont type the way you do the horror.

i only type properly in essays and stuff, who cares in a internet forum. if a few capital letters missing piss you off then you have bigger issues to deal with.
    Right. Keep telling yourself that.

The people who read your posts care, seeing as sometimes I don't know if you're asking a question or affirming something since you refuse to use question marks for some reason. I thought it was it was just common decency when you're writing something for other people to read, but hey, maybe that's just me. I mean Jesus, it's basic capitalization and punctuation, it's not that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Outstandind View Post
    listen to yourself.
    I'm just saying, it doesn't exactly help his argument when he refuses to / can't write properly.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast