Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Watch Dogs will punish you if you aren't online

This is a discussion on Watch Dogs will punish you if you aren't online within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Online integration seems to be a big part of the Watch Dogs experience however, it seems you will be punished ...

PRO Member

Watch Dogs will punish you if you aren't online

Online integration seems to be a big part of the Watch Dogs experience however, it seems you will be punished if you decide to turn it off in the settings.

As this picture shows if you decide to disable online invasions you will be faced with a harsh punishment from Ubisoft stating:

“By disabling Online Invasions you will not be available for other players to invade, but you will also not be able to participate in Online Hacking and Tailing. Your Notoriety will be reset to 0 and any Notoriety Skills you have unlocked will be lost.
    Do you want to disable Online Invasions?
    It seems that the always online feature is becoming more and more present in games like Need For Speed Rivals and now Watch Dogs. We were originally going to see the always online feature in the Xbox One but during the reveal the screaming reaction from the Xbox Community has that overturned pretty quickly.

It all depends on how each person plays their games. For example, I may never use online features in games like Assassins Creed or The Last of Us, but games like Call of Duty and Battlefield continue to keep me locked in their online play. A game like Watch Dogs has peaked my interest with its unique online experience so punishing me for not always being online may come across in a bad way. Again, it is how you play and whether or not you like online gaming. This punishment may really make some gamers mad while others just don’t care.

What do you think of this online punishment from Ubisoft? Does it bother you or will if effect your choice to play Watch Dogs online or not? Let us know in the comments below.

For more news like this stay tuned here at SpawnFirst.

- See more at: http://www.spawnfirst.com/news/watch....k5NgB2XP.dpuf
    Source: Watch Dogs Will Punish Players Unless They Are Always Online | SpawnFirst
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 4 - Silver

The hell? it's called SINGLE PLAYER for a reason, why punish someone who wants to enjoy the free roam without any invaders?

Plats-O'-War!!

Kinda harsh don't you think?

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_poetry View Post
    The hell? it's called SINGLE PLAYER for a reason, why punish someone who wants to enjoy the free roam without any invaders?
    Agreed. I went offline alot with Need For Speed Rivals as I was tired of being screwed by other players online while doing my missions. I don't see the point of someone being punished for wanting to do what they see fit. Will see how this affects everything. Unfortu ately, I feel this is going to be something that comes up all too often in future games.
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 7 - Gold

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what the online hacking and tailing is? If it's just a silly little gimmick with no real effect on the gameplay then who cares if you lose it. Might be a fair trade if you don't want to be invaded.

Banned

What the fuck Ubisoft. Just fucking let me play SINGLE-player on my own, I don't want some random dude jumping and messing shit up. Hopefully this Notoriety thing isn't that important, otherwise I'm going to be really pissed off.

I'm giving you my money, let me play the game how I want without being punished.

Fight the Future

From what it sounds like, Notoriety and Notoriety skills are online specific anyways so you lose nothing in single player by choosing to play offline. The wording is kind of confusing and makes it seems like it will affect single player gameplay, but I don't think it does.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Seriously considering canceling my preorder. I'll buy wolfenstein instead. Im not an online player for the most part. The occasional bf4 and Diablo 3.

Lvl 6 - Silver

well that seals the deal for me. I'm cancelling my fully paid pre-order and am now going to get something else. anything else....
    Wolfenstein here I come

Lvl 9 - Gold

Wow, so many people jumping to conclusions without information. Guess I shouldn't expect anything more from the internet.
    If people would look around a bit, they'd see that Notoriety is something specifically tied to your participation in multiplayer, so if you're not participating, you don't earn any. Really f***ing simple in that respect. You're not being punished. You're just not being rewarded without actually doing something. You know, the way it should be.

Check Those Corners

This will probably be patched out. Harsh, but its kind of a good reason. If most turned it off, it would be more difficult. And the whole point of it is SP and MP seamlessly in gameplay.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by AizawaYuuichi View Post
    Wow, so many people jumping to conclusions without information. Guess I shouldn't expect anything more from the internet.
    If people would look around a bit, they'd see that Notoriety is something specifically tied to your participation in multiplayer, so if you're not participating, you don't earn any. Really f***ing simple in that respect. You're not being punished. You're just not being rewarded without actually doing something. You know, the way it should be.
    Finally, someone gets it.

PRO Member

Hopefully notoriety is tied to multiplayer

If it isn't then that is fucked up. There's a reason Microsoft got their ass beat at E3 last year

Sig by Bladia

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by AizawaYuuichi View Post
    Wow, so many people jumping to conclusions without information. Guess I shouldn't expect anything more from the internet. If people would look around a bit, they'd see that Notoriety is something specifically tied to your participation in multiplayer, so if you're not participating, you don't earn any. Really f***ing simple in that respect. You're not being punished. You're just not being rewarded without actually doing something. You know, the way it should be.
    This right here.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_poetry View Post
    its a constantly online game, like dark souls.

people invade your game, you invade other people. Whether you like it or not.

the skills it removes is ones you earn by doing this invasion shit.

illegal in 9 countries

Slight overreaction ladies. Guess what...you lose the ONLINE features when you're OFFLINE.

Whodathunkit?

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    people invade your game, you invade other people. Whether you like it or not.
    If you don't like it, you turn it off. Which is what this is all about.

Storm in a teacup.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I think this speaks to the whole point of the game itself that we are all connected, like it or not. I think it's kind of a cool feature to be able to invade someone's game and to protect your game from others. At least it's a new twist on the online feature and it sounds like it won't matter that much. Certainly not enough to cancel your pre-order.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

I'm sorry. But people are always jumping the gun and pre-ordering games (not just this title) without seeing any reviews and just taking the word of a a said developer/publisher all these hopes and dreams of this finally perfect game and then as the game gets closer to launch and you start seeing leaks through the net and then it's total anarchy. If you preorder a game then suck it up and deal with the purchase and learn by your mistakes and for the future learn to wait and get it on sale for $20 bucks off a month or so down the line. Take for example Alien: Colonial Marines tons of people pre-ordered that game and was it anything like the trailers? NO! and then there's all this bitching and complaining about everything (justly so) but my advice is to wait and see some reviews because thats what I did with A: C M and 2 weeks later $4.99 and I snatched it up. It's also like people complaining about all the sports/wrestling rehashes every year but they sell in the multi-millions so the company says hey why not. You look at NBA Live by EA to download the digital version the filesize is 8.7 gb and you take NBA2K14 and it is 38.7 gb for the digital version and EA turns around and apologizes for making such a crappy game and EA knows by doing that they will be forgiven like nothing even happened because they know that a lot of gamers are gullible and buy their basketball game this coming season regardless. You take the top 3 sports titles from EA - FIFA 14 7 gb - NHL 14 6.7 gb - MADDEN 25 7.4 gb = 21.1 gb total and then you take MLB 14: The Show and that 1 game = 20.8 gb for just 1 title and year in and year out it's the same BS from EA because they know they have their suckers that will buy the game full price or even pre-order. Sorry for venting and at the beginning about the waiting on reviews I am not saying that reviews are the absolute determining factor but it gives you an idea on bugs glitches whether the game is worth full price or to just rent or wait for the bargin bin.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Game doesn't look good anyway.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

The online hacking etc does look great but it does seem like a bit of a harsh punishment. As the game is based on hacking it does make sense to constantly be under threat of being hacked by a random online player however I don't think you should be punished as harshly for going offline. Perhaps getting less notoriety points for objectives or however you earn them as since you've essentially made the game easier you get less reward.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast