View Poll Results: Do you mind double-dipping?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love to double-dip for the games I loved on the previous generation.

    12 44.44%
  • I personally don't care. More games are more games.

    7 25.93%
  • I hate double-dipping. Release new games already!

    8 29.63%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 43

Rerelease Old Games On New Hardware

This is a discussion on Rerelease Old Games On New Hardware within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Shuklar It does though. When a new console is being launched, they have every right to bring ...

  1. #21
    PRO Member
    Outstandind's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    730
    Reputation
    24

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuklar View Post
    It does though. When a new console is being launched, they have every right to bring over any game they want.
    Well yeah. They're doing it, aren't they?


    Whether they were okay with them or not isn't the point. There's zero need to complain about options. It's not like Tomb Raider on the PS3 was recalled once the PS4 version was released, forcing people to buy the PS4 version for more money - they still have the choice to buy either one they want - the same goes for GotY / regular editions, and soon with The Last of Us. I don't know about you, but I played the PS4 then the PS3 version of Tomb Raider for the first time back to back, and I wouldn't call the improvements 'minor'. Did I pay a premium? Of course, yet I chose that option.
    People have a problem with developers milking a series. Re-releasing a game for full price with only minor graphical improvements is about as close to milking it as you can get. 'complete' editions are a little different, though they're an issue because people are wary of developers removing portions of a complete product in order to market them as DLC. E.g. Child of Light.

    Why should anyone that purchased a game the first time around be happy with the fact that a better version is right around the corner?



    Guess what - the 'current fanbase' is, and always has been the MINORITY of the human population. A business has every reason and right to want to grow and prosper. Like I said, each and every generation, millions of new people become gamers, either from changing interests, or simply coming of age. A lot of those people have ZERO interest or intent in buying and connecting 8+ year old hardware (PS3) to play a select few titles, and it does become an economic issue - do I invest in old tech for a few experiences, or do I invest in newer tech to future proof myself for 5+ years (10 years if M$ and Sony have their way...ha), and have access to new games and these rereleases?

    I just feel like people feeling betrayed and devalued, is on them, not on the business. You buy the game as is, and that's that. If you want the experience they invested more time/money into, well, you can buy that as well, but expect to wait and pay more for it. And a lot of these rereleases are no where near the level of retardation the Street Fighter 4 rereleases are, so if people want something to complain about, pick on that, not on winners of 200+ GotY awards.

    And now I feel guilty for investing so much energy into writing all this. I guess I do it in hopes that I'll spend less energy in the future reading about entitled consumerism (which sounds a bit redundant to me already).
    Nothing wrong with trying to expand your customer base or seeking a profit, but you ought to have some respect for the fans you already have. I don't feel they've accomplished that by pushing out another version of an already existing product, with minor graphical upgrades (yes, even Lara's next-gen hair) at full price.

    I look at these HD upgrades as companies saying 'how can we make some money with the least amount of effort possible'. And there you have it. The Last of Us remastered. Well, that doesn't impress me - or a lot of people.

    One that really pissed me off was The Walking Dead. The series is still ongoing, and now that everyone that gave a damn bought the season pass they go and announce a PS4 version of the game. Greedy, and not a hell of a lot of respect for the consumers either.

    I'm a little sick of hearing people throw around this 'entitled' bs. Businesses aren't entitled to our respect and future business - they have to earn it. As I've said, these re-releases of very recent games like TR, TLOU and TWD are a slap in the face to the people that supported their product in the first place and devalue our purchases now that it's very clear we're only receiving an inferior or incomplete product but purchasing it right away.

  2. #22
    PRO Member
    Shuklar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada (MST)
    Posts
    844
    Reputation
    73

    Quote Originally Posted by Outstandind View Post
    I'm a little sick of hearing people throw around this 'entitled' bs.
    I think it's more an issue with how our general world views differ. I'm nearly 30, I've been homeless, through foster care, on welfare, depressed as fuck, suicidal etc, etc, yet now I'm in a place where I have the luxury (not the right) to live a relatively normal, happy, and peaceful existence - something billions of other people can't say. I'm grateful simply for my basic needs being met, and even more so for the entitlement of being able to play video games.

    That being said, I read/hear people complaining vigorously about the luxury of first world problems, and frankly, it saddens me, more so than whatever basic business practices a company does, especially a video game company. That's why I feel and express the things in the manner I do.

    Your points are valid in your own eyes and those that share a similar world view, yet I'll simply have to agree to disagree based on my own life experiences and world view.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

  3. #23
    Fight the Future
    Parker's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Wind Squid Pub
    Posts
    836
    Reputation
    64

    I purchased The Last of Us, Tomb Raider and the first season of The Walking Dead and I have absolutely no problem with the companies re-releasing the games on the PlayStation 4. Saying it is a slap in the face is just being dramatic, in my opinion, but if you're so offended by the practice then don't support the companies that do this.



  4. #24
    PRO Member
    Outstandind's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    730
    Reputation
    24

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuklar View Post
    I think it's more an issue with how our general world views differ. I'm nearly 30, I've been homeless, through foster care, on welfare, depressed as fuck, suicidal etc, etc, yet now I'm in a place where I have the luxury (not the right) to live a relatively normal, happy, and peaceful existence - something billions of other people can't say. I'm grateful simply for my basic needs being met, and even more so for the entitlement of being able to play video games.

    That being said, I read/hear people complaining vigorously about the luxury of first world problems, and frankly, it saddens me, more so than whatever basic business practices a company does, especially a video game company. That's why I feel and express the things in the manner I do.

    Your points are valid in your own eyes and those that share a similar world view, yet I'll simply have to agree to disagree based on my own life experiences and world view.
    No one has a 'right' to anything. All I'm saying is that it's fine for a business to want to take on any direction they want, whether it's to maximise profits or go the extra mile to produce something special - but a huge part of running a business is keeping your customers happy. Instead of criticizing 'entitled' citizens, try to realize that it goes both ways. Businesses are required to work for their success, just like everybody else. Sometimes they're just unlucky, sometimes they mess it up themselves.

    They are not entitled to anything from us - least of all adulation simply because they're developing luxury items and we're oh so fortunate to have them in our lives.

    I'm sorry you've had a troubled start to life, but wtf does that have to do with anything? You've turned an issue about how a business ought to operate into an issue of the human population not giving a shit about the homeless, or the 'third world'.

    Is it sad that people care more about themselves than the wellbeing of the less fortunate in the world? Sure, but no one owes you anything.
    You're just as 'entitled' as everybody else. You want people to think and act a certain way and sulk when you don't get it. At least we're trading something for what we want.

    the entitlement of being able to play video games.
    yeah, no one thinks this way. we have something of value, they have something of value, and then if we like it, we trade.

    and then if they screw us by releasing a ps4 version of the walking dead once they've taken our money for a ps3 season pass, and before we've even got our full product, then we get pissed because that's shady as fuck and 100% a dick move telltale games, you dicks.

    Your points are valid in your own eyes and those that share a similar world view
    It's a view that comes from the idea that these businesses are run by humans who want something from us, so they better earn it.

  5. #25
    PRO Member
    Shuklar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada (MST)
    Posts
    844
    Reputation
    73

    Quote Originally Posted by Outstandind View Post
    I'm sorry you've had a troubled start to life, but wtf does that have to do with anything?
    It has everything to do with my opinion...the whole point of any discussion between people. I'm not dumb enough to think everyone should think like I do - I only expect they're mature enough to understand why I think the way I do when I explain it. Understanding where someone comes from helps understand where they're going with their opinions. I obviously value these experiences others put thousands of hours into making, and I don't see the point in getting upset when they offer games to be played on other platforms.

    I read your comments, and I just see an angry person venting. You're allowed to be upset, yet there's something to be said for being tactful and respectful - it helps people see your point of view and more likely to sympathize with it - usually the entire point of a conversation is to get your point across, so may as well try to make it as easy to digest as possible. These gaming companies aren't slitting the throats puppies, yet I constantly see people devoting the type of energy and disgust like they are. The energy you put out is the type of energy you're going to get reflected right back at you, or people just aren't going to bother with you. I don't know about others, yet I cut 'Negative Nancy's' out of my life because they're just exhausting and not respectable individuals. You obviously enjoy conversing with people, so maybe ensure you can continue to do so by chilling out and making your opinions a little more attractive to bother with - it's not what you say, yet how you say it.

    and then if they screw us by releasing a ps4 version of the walking dead once they've taken our money for a ps3 season pass, and before we've even got our full product, then we get pissed because that's shady as fuck and 100% a dick move telltale games, you dicks.
    The season pass you bought was for the PS3, and the PS3 alone. Expecting it on anything else, again, is on you, not on the company. All they've done is announced that it's coming to next gen, giving people the option to buy it there if they wish. Where does it say that the PS4/One version is coming before they finish it for the PS3/360?
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

  6. #26
    PRO Member
    Outstandind's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    730
    Reputation
    24

    [QUOTE=Shuklar;622925][quote]It has everything to do with my opinion...the whole point of any discussion between people. I'm not dumb enough to think everyone should think like I do - I only expect they're mature enough to understand why I think the way I do when I explain it. Understanding where someone comes from helps understand where they're going with their opinions.[quote]
    I understand where you're coming from, and it's total bs, clouded by your own pre-made judgments about the rest of us. For example

    I obviously value these experiences others put thousands of hours into making, and I don't see the point in getting upset when they offer games to be played on other platforms.
    You think we don't? And you think I'm upset about it being on other platforms? come on man.

    I read your comments, and I just see an angry person venting.
    And how do you think you come across with *your* judgements of other people. E.g. "I only expect other people are matuuuuure enough to understand why I think the way I do." ~ Look, I get what you're saying, but there are ways to respect your customers and there are ways to not respect your customers. Everyone loves their product and respects the work they put it into it, AND their need to earn a living and make a healthy profit. There has always been a give and take between the customers and the business. You're grateful simply to have the option of all these wonderful things, but in the process you'd happily let them walk all over you as well.

    You don't understand my view at all, and that's very clear in the assumptions you've made in writing your posts.

    You're allowed to be upset, yet there's something to be said for being tactful and respectful - it helps people see your point of view and more likely to sympathize with it - usually the entire point of a conversation is to get your point across, so may as well try to make it as easy to digest as possible. These gaming companies aren't slitting the throats puppies, yet I constantly see people devoting the type of energy and disgust like they are. The energy you put out is the type of energy you're going to get reflected right back at you, or people just aren't going to bother with you. I don't know about others, yet I cut 'Negative Nancy's' out of my life because they're just exhausting and not respectable individuals. You obviously enjoy conversing with people, so maybe ensure you can continue to do so by chilling out and making your opinions a little more attractive to bother with - it's not what you say, yet how you say it.
    What, like this kind of energy in your post right here? You were talking down to us from the first with.. oh boy... "short-sighted". "selfish". "entitled". "the world is larger than just you" and other condescending language.


    The season pass you bought was for the PS3, and the PS3 alone. Expecting it on anything else, again, is on you, not on the company. All they've done is announced that it's coming to next gen, giving people the option to buy it there if they wish. Where does it say that the PS4/One version is coming before they finish it for the PS3/360?
    Never said I expected the PS4 version just because I bought the season pass. I'm not even asking for it.

    As for release date, apparently it's coming later this year, at best right after chapter 5 becomes available. Too bad for everyone that already bought their season pass already.

  7. #27
    PRO Member
    Shuklar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada (MST)
    Posts
    844
    Reputation
    73

    You're grateful simply to have the option of all these wonderful things, but in the process you'd happily let them walk all over you as well.
    At what point do I let them walk all over me? I research a product, and if it interests me, I'll buy it in its current condition. If they come out with a second edition a year later, even on the same platform, why get upset? That's not the product I invested in.

    What, like this kind of energy in your post right here? You were talking down to us from the first with.. oh boy... "short-sighted". "selfish". "entitled". "the world is larger than just you" and other condescending language.
    From the start, it was a generalization of the attitudes I see across the internet on this subject, not just this thread alone. I DO look down at people who are overly negative and sensational over silly, petty, and overall, non-consequential things such as this subject - it's not productive behavior that should be tolerated, let alone accepted. I'm passionate about human behavior, which affects all things, including how people conduct themselves in discussion, which is why I take issue with people calling developers 'dicks' and 'shady as fuck' over things like...announcements?

    Again, it's a reflection of the energy they're putting out there in the first place, and I draw attention to it by reflecting and mocking it. I have to laugh at it, because there's pretty well much nothing else to do on such non-issues like this. I don't see the dozens of threads of people feeling devalued and betrayed because a new phone, car, microwave, or whatever revision is being released every year with upgrades and improvements (whaaaaat? Human nature!?), so it's rather bewildering when people devote the passion to complain about something like videogame rereleases. It's why I suggested we have differing world views, and why we'll probably never see eye-to-eye on this subject.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

  8. #28
    PRO Member
    Outstandind's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    730
    Reputation
    24

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuklar View Post
    At what point do I let them walk all over me? I research a product, and if it interests me, I'll buy it in its current condition. If they come out with a second edition a year later, even on the same platform, why get upset? That's not the product I invested in.



    From the start, it was a generalization of the attitudes I see across the internet on this subject, not just this thread alone. I DO look down at people who are overly negative and sensational over silly, petty, and overall, non-consequential things such as this subject - it's not productive behavior that should be tolerated, let alone accepted. I'm passionate about human behavior, which affects all things, including how people conduct themselves in discussion, which is why I take issue with people calling developers 'dicks' and 'shady as fuck' over things like...announcements?

    Again, it's a reflection of the energy they're putting out there in the first place, and I draw attention to it by reflecting and mocking it. I have to laugh at it, because there's pretty well much nothing else to do on such non-issues like this. I don't see the dozens of threads of people feeling devalued and betrayed because a new phone, car, microwave, or whatever revision is being released every year with upgrades and improvements (whaaaaat? Human nature!?), so it's rather bewildering when people devote the passion to complain about something like videogame rereleases. It's why I suggested we have differing world views, and why we'll probably never see eye-to-eye on this subject.
    lol.

    I'm passionate about human behavior, which affects all things, including how people conduct themselves in discussion, which is why I take issue with people calling developers 'dicks' and 'shady as fuck' over things like...announcements?

    1. Not a big deal.
    2. Like you're any fucking better by calling anyone that doesn't share your opinion short sighted, selfish, entitled, immature, whatever the fuck else you feel entitled to call them.
    3. Reminding you once again that you got a 'reflection' of your own energy.
    4. Cars and videogames are two different things, you silly goose.
    5. "why get upset (a year later! even on the same platform!). No one's upset (how many times do I have to say it fuuuuuuuck). I feel like I made a mistake in supporting their product on day 1 by picking up the season pass, and I will not do it in future.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuklar View Post
    I take issue with people calling developers
    Yeah well I 'take issue' with a lot of what you said, especially since your "generalization of the attitudes I see across the internet" are based on assumptions that are just flat out incorrect. E.g.

    1. Assuming our complaints had anything to do with the fact that the PS4 wasn't out at the time of TR/TLOU release.
    2. Assuming we must have a problem with goty editions as well
    3. Assuming we think developers shouldn't have the right to re-release new games and that we are trying to "dictate what anybody else should do" (which is what you're doing right now btw)
    4. Assuming we have anything against good business. "A business has every reason and right to want to grow and prosper." yeah thanks genius.
    5. Assuming that (of course!) because I own the PS3 season pass, I muuuuuuust feel entitled to the PS4 version by default. "The season pass you bought was for the PS3, and the PS3 alone. Expecting it on anything else, again, is on you"
    6. Assuming we think we have the right to quality, luxury products just because. "yet now I'm in a place where I have the luxury (not the right) to live a relatively normal, happy, and peaceful existence... I'm grateful simply for my basic needs being met, and even more so for the entitlement of being able to play video games." - man, you're obsessed about this entitlement bs dude.
    7. Assuming you're better than me, mr. arrogant. "I'm not dumb enough to think everyone should think like I do - I only expect they're matuuuuuure enough to understand why I think the way I do when I explain it."
    8. Telling me how I feel when you don't actually know wtf you're talking about. "angry, upset, overly negative and sensational" ~ sounds more like you to be honest. I'm a problem because because (oh no!) swear words, but you're ok to say what you did, even though you're just as negative, just as sensational, and just as "upset".


    fu and your "generalizations of the attitudes I see across the internet." You've been dead wrong the entire thread.
    Last edited by Outstandind; 06-03-2014 at 11:49 PM.

  9. #29
    PRO Member
    Shuklar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada (MST)
    Posts
    844
    Reputation
    73

    Quote Originally Posted by Outstandind View Post
    2. Like you're any fucking better by calling anyone that doesn't share your opinion short sighted, selfish, entitled, immature, whatever the fuck else you feel entitled to call them.
    Yeah, I give up - if that's what you interpreted from my statements, please work on your reading comprehension, and then reread my posts. Everything that's needed to be said has been said, so just reread it.

    I was never arguing your point, you're allowed to feel the way you do and that's fine. I'm arguing how you're devaluing your own point yourself by your conduct, language, and overly negative view on such non-issues in the grand scheme of things. A lot of people are just going to ignore what you have to say and write you off as a Glenn Beck/Nancy Grace/Ann Coulter wanna-be, not because of your point of view, yet because how you present it. I'd just rather not see that, as you seem to enjoy conversing with people.

    4. Cars and videogames are two different things, you silly goose.
    Obviously. My point was they're both consumer products none-the-less, which people are allowed to improve and resell.

    5. No one's upset (how many times do I have to say it fuuuuuuuck). .
    and then if they screw us by releasing a ps4 version of the walking dead once they've taken our money for a ps3 season pass, and before we've even got our full product, then we get pissed because that's shady as fuck and 100% a dick move telltale games, you dicks.
    Again, your communications seems to say otherwise.

    5. Assuming that (of course!) because I own the PS3 season pass, I muuuuuuust feel entitled to the PS4 version by default. "The season pass you bought was for the PS3, and the PS3 alone. Expecting it on anything else, again, is on you"
    I had to make that assumption, as you were extremely 'vocal' and upset. I had to assume that's why you were upset, because...wait for it...that's the subject of this thread :/

    Whatever your issues are, I'm now one of those people that can't be bothered with your energy. Thankfully forums like these hava an ignore function, so save your energy - I won't be reading your replies. Good luck with whatever you want from life.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

  10. #30
    PRO Member
    Outstandind's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    730
    Reputation
    24

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuklar View Post
    At what point do I let them walk all over me? I research a product, and if it interests me, I'll buy it in its current condition. If they come out with a second edition a year later, even on the same platform, why get upset? That's not the product I invested in.
    Back to the Walking Dead example, they have already taken everyone's money on the season pass, and now that they have it, they announce a better version and hope you'll 'double dip'.

    We're getting exactly what we paid for and that's not the issue, but they instantly devalue our purchase by announcing a better version before the current one has even fully released, and hope we'll 'double dip'. If they had been upfront and honest about their plans for the game I would have made a completely different decision as a consumer.

    Instead I get punished for naively supporting the game well before release. Last time I give them the benefit of the doubt and purchase the season pass early. They can earn my money first.

    Lesson learned.

  11. #31
    PRO Member
    Outstandind's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    730
    Reputation
    24

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuklar View Post
    Yeah, I give up - if that's what you interpreted from my statements, please work on your reading comprehension, and then reread my posts. Everything that's needed to be said has been said, so just reread it.

    I was never arguing your point, you're allowed to feel the way you do and that's fine. I'm arguing how you're devaluing your own point yourself by your conduct, language, and overly negative view on such non-issues in the grand scheme of things. A lot of people are just going to ignore what you have to say and write you off as a Glenn Beck/Nancy Grace/Ann Coulter wanna-be, not because of your point of view, yet because how you present it. I'd just rather not see that, as you seem to enjoy conversing with people.



    Obviously. My point was they're both consumer products none-the-less, which people are allowed to improve and resell.





    Again, your communications seems to say otherwise.

    Whatever your issues are, I'm now one of those people that can't be bothered with your energy. Thankfully vBulletin has an ignore function. Good luck with whatever you want from life.
    Yes, completely ignore the fact that you've been super negative the entire thread, and that you've done so based on assumptions that were 100% wrong this entire time. And continue to deflect by pointing out that yes, oh lordy yes, I add swear words for flavor

    Well did you or did you not open conversation by calling everybody short-sighted, selfish and entitled, for having an opinion that was different from your own?

    Keep your head in the sand then, moron. Much nicer there. Maybe next time here's what you don't do:

    1. Don't judge people
    2. Don't play the victim
    3. Stop looking for reasons to discredit/ignore people instead of actually owning up to your own mistakes and argument
    4. Don't turn it into an emotional issue about third world problems 'these entitled first world gamers'
    5. Don't act like you're better than everybody else. You keep pushing your sad story, your 'maturity', your obsession with how we're all 'entitled' and you're not, your intelligence, and stop (for fuck sake stop) talking down to everybody and telling them how to behave. you've done it every single post and you're so deluded it doesn't even register in your brain that your assumptions have been completely and utterly WRONG this whole time.

    As you said, negative energy attracts more negative energy. Problem is you can't see that you've been a huge part of the problem this whole thread. Just doesn't register with you and it's crazy.

  12. #32
    VII
    KILLER_'s Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    In the chatbox
    Posts
    344
    Reputation
    55

    I sense butt hurt

  13. #33
    PRO Member
    Outstandind's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    730
    Reputation
    24

    Quote Originally Posted by KILLER_ View Post
    I sense butt hurt
    I put some cream on it.

  14. #34
    PRO Member
    josh_camp's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    218
    Reputation
    9

    wow, this escalated. Why am I not surprised?







  15. #35
    PRO Member
    Outstandind's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    730
    Reputation
    24

    Quote Originally Posted by josh_camp View Post
    wow, this escalated. Why am I not surprised?
    i dont know josh camp tell me more

  16. #36
    Negator
    DarkFox's Piss Bucket's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    29520
    Posts
    4,619
    Reputation
    818

    I'd also like to know exactly why this escalated. It's all opinions, so try and respect eachother.

    In other news, I'm too poor to have another gaming device.


    Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

  17. #37
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    jaws-ate's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Le Mansion De Murray
    Posts
    1,077
    Reputation
    23

    i was just watching a video on IGN about how a lot of games coming to next gen (Dying Light, Batman: Arkham Knight, Watch Dogs, Drive Club, The Division, The Evil Within, Destiny) are being delayed so much and so far away that the rereleasing of older content is a way of keeping gamers involved in their new systems, and honestly this does change my opinion a bit.

    i just found out a couple hours ago that Batman was delayed until spring 2015, and then upon looking into this more, i found the IGN article, and it really made me take a step back and understand the developers point-of-view. i have only 1 disc game for the PS4, and that is inFamous: Second Son. i have the digital version of NBA 2K14, Resogun, Dead Nation, Battlefield 4, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Trine 2: Complete Story, Stick It To the Man, Outlast and Assassin's Creed IV:Black Flag. combined thats only 10 games, and i have 5 of those games on PS3. so without those cross-gen games i'd only have 5 PS4 games. 5 games in almost 8 months, that's horrible. but 10 is a bit better.

  18. #38
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    jaws-ate's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Le Mansion De Murray
    Posts
    1,077
    Reputation
    23

    another thing i found from GameSyndrome was that a lot of games that are coming out cross-gen, such as Battlefield 4, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Watch Dogs, etc., is that they have only minute upscalings from last-gen. Call of Duty: Ghosts on the PS3 looks pretty much the same to me on PS4, except things look and move just a bit smoother.

    i think this part of the argument would be better suited in another thread, but i think it still holds some relation to this topic. kinda makes you wonder where the incentive has gone to buy that amazing new console...
    Last edited by jaws-ate; 11-06-2014 at 08:59 PM.

  19. #39
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    _RiCaRdO_'s Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    657
    Reputation
    16

    This is a very good Poll!!!
    I hear a lot of people saying: "huh, another cheap port" or "make some PS4 exclusives",
    but i love it! And i'm glad a lot of people think like me (according to the poll)
    The more games, the better.
    And if it's a good game, i'm willing to pay for it again.

  20. #40
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    jaws-ate's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Le Mansion De Murray
    Posts
    1,077
    Reputation
    23

    ok, the guy on Sony's E3 conference, just a few minutes ago, announced that the original PS2 classic Ratchet & Clank is being made into a movie and the game itself will be coming to PS4. i think this thread just took a nosedive and reinforced my original opinion.

    Ratchet & Clank, originally for the PS2, came out remastered in HD as part of the Ratchet & Clank HD Collection, which featured Ratchet & Clank, Ratchet & Clank 2: Going Commando, and Ratchet & Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal. NOW, the original Ratchet & Clank is coming to PS4, with even better upgraded graphics and garbage like that.

    So forget everything I said before about double-dipping for a game. How do you feel about TRIPLE-dipping????????????????????

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO