View Poll Results: Do you mind double-dipping?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love to double-dip for the games I loved on the previous generation.

12 44.44%
  • I personally don't care. More games are more games.

7 25.93%
  • I hate double-dipping. Release new games already!

8 29.63%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Rerelease Old Games On New Hardware

This is a discussion on Rerelease Old Games On New Hardware within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by jaws-ate So forget everything I said before about double-dipping for a game. How do you feel about ...

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by jaws-ate View Post
    So forget everything I said before about double-dipping for a game. How do you feel about TRIPLE-dipping????????????????????
    The HD collection is also coming out on the Vita later this year, so technically, it's quadruple-dipping (PS2, PS3 HD collection, Vita HD collection, and then this PS4 version). At least they're all on separate platforms, yet I would think that with PS Now, they wouldn't need to have bothered (well, I guess one version is owned, the other is rented).

Then again, CGI movies are essentially the majority of the children movies out now, so to have a game be released alongside the movie usually makes for a quick sale. As we've seen from this thread, people take offence to those type of business practices, yet there's also no excuse now-a-days with the internet, to claim ignorance that other options exist.

With my feed cutting in and out during the press conference, I wasn't sure what they meant, if they're applying a "re"-recoat to the game, or completely rebuilding it, with a more updated engine from current R&C titles. Are there printed details out yet?
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Shuklar View Post
    TI wasn't sure what they meant, if they're applying a "re"-recoat to the game, or completely rebuilding it, with a more updated engine from current R&C titles. Are there printed details out yet?
    idk, but it sounded to me like they're upgrading the upgrade, like taking the PS3 HD graphics and updating them to look even better on the PS4. it didn't sound at all like they were ground-up rebuilding it like The Last of Us: Remastered

PRO Member

Ratchet & Clank Announced for PS4 €“ PlayStation.Blog

So it’s with great pride I get to announce that Insomniac will continue our involvement with the Ratchet & Clank movie while developing a game that re-imagines the original Ratchet & Clank for PS4. As was mentioned during Sony’s press conference , the game will share the film’s vision of Ratchet’s origin story, and features updated gameplay along with completely new visuals that rival the best PS4 games on the market.
    I guess that's our answer. Not a 'more HD' port of a port, yet a reboot that follows the movie. Guess people will have to settle for triple-dipping on the original trilogy hehe

This is great news, because we get a PS4 Ratchet & Clank built from the ground up for the system, and new gamers get a more modern, streamlined introduction to the series.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123