Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Great Framerate Non-Debate

This is a discussion on The Great Framerate Non-Debate within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; TotalBiscuit takes on the issue of frame-rate and the recent claims by a certain developer and their fans that 30fps ...

INTJ

The Great Framerate Non-Debate

TotalBiscuit takes on the issue of frame-rate and the recent claims by a certain developer and their fans that 30fps is "filmic" and 60fps can ruin a game's aesthetic.

Banned

Right. And I'm sure you're not just posting this because Xbone games generally run at a lower resolution and lower FPS than PS4 games.
    Last edited by harryisonfire; 06-03-2014 at 11:37 AM.

illegal in 9 countries

Coming up next - "The Great Resolution Non-Debate" where butthurt XB1 fans justify the existence of an under-performing console in a vain attempt to conquer an overwhelming sense of buyer's remorse.

Later - "But it runs games at 60FPS and 1080p. It Really Is a Next-gen Machine!" delves into the mindset of a Nintendo fanboy as he struggles to confirm the myth that Wii U is the pioneer of the next generation, and not the rearmost of the last generation.

Fascinating stuff.

Renegade Time Lord

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Coming up next - "The Great Resolution Non-Debate" where butthurt XB1 fans justify the existence of an under-performing console in a vain attempt to conquer an overwhelming sense of buyer's remorse.

Later - "But it runs games at 60FPS and 1080p. It Really Is a Next-gen Machine!" delves into the mindset of a Nintendo fanboy as he struggles to confirm the myth that Wii U is the pioneer of the next generation, and not the rearmost of the last generation.

Fascinating stuff.
    Sounds interesting, when is the first episode?
    Hello, I'm so pleased to finally see you. I'm The Doctor and I will be your victim this evening, are you my mummy?

Avatar, Signature and Banner by Bladia. Thank You!

Fight the Future

Who cares? As long as the game is fun that is all that matters. Would I prefer a game to be 1080p and 60fps? Sure, but it definitely isn't even close to a deal breaker for me.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Parker View Post
    Who cares? As long as the game is fun that is all that matters. Would I prefer a game to be 1080p and 60fps? Sure, but it definitely isn't even close to a deal breaker for me.
    Roger that. I'm still fine with playing console games in 720p @ 30FPS on a TV.

A PC or 3D headset is a different story - it's gotta be 1080p @ 60FPS or i'm gonna be sick.

Lvl 9 - Gold

all this followed by a 2 hour special of "Xbox Fans Try To Justify Their Crappy Systems Just Like Justin Beiber Fans Try To Justify His Misconduct" with exclusive interviews by Donald Sterling and The Kardashians

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post

Fascinating stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaws-ate View Post
    all this followed by a 2 hour special of "Xbox Fans Try To Justify Their Crappy Systems Just Like Justin Beiber Fans Try To Justify His Misconduct" with exclusive interviews by Donald Sterling and The Kardashians
    ^Win.

Sorry Ps360, not this time. Go home to your amazing 30fps 'next-gen' Xbone.

Lvl 4 - Silver

A good game is a good game regardless of FPS or resolution.

INTJ

did you people even watch the video

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    did you people even watch the video
    To be honest, no, I didn't. Stopped after the first five minutes, probably because I have better things to do than watch a half hour video that can probably be resumed in a couple of sentences. Like Dark_poetry said, a good game is a good game regardless of it's FPS, I mean I'm fine with 30, but then again I doubt you'd have posted this video if the Xbone could match the PS4. The amount of butthurt fanboy radiating from your post is insane.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by harryisonfire View Post
    To be honest, no, I didn't. Probably because I have better things to do than watch a half hour video that can probably be resumed in a couple of sentences. Like Dark_poetry said, a good game is a good game regardless of it's FPS, I mean I'm fine with 30, but then again I doubt you'd have posted this video if the Xbone could match the PS4. The amount of butthurt fanboy radiating from your post is insane.
    Where did this "Xbox butthurt fanboy" shit come from?

I am a PC gamer mainly. i could give less a fuck about consoles if given the choice. The video comes from a Guy who is also mainly PC Gamer. He talks about how framerate is important to good video gaming (Higher the frame rate= more responsive the game is = Better Game Experience), then discusses how stupid the Order 1888 Dev sounds when calling 30FPS "Filmic" and 60FPS "ruining the asthetic".

The Video ends with him saying console users should be given a choice (like PC Users) whether to have 60FPS 720p or 30FPS 1080p and uses Final fantasy XIV on PS4 as a example of this idea.

Though IMO if devs actually gave a shit about optimization, we wouldn't have this problem in the first place and we would be having good game engines like ID Tech 5 pumping 1080p 60fps Regardless of the platform (Wolfenstein anyone?)

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

. i could give less a fuck about consoles if given the choice
    how stupid the Order 1888 Dev sounds when calling 30FPS "Filmic" and 60FPS "ruining the asthetic".
    It would be easier to take that first sentence seriously if you didn't have such a vast catalogue of contradictory evidence, much like the second sentence.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    It would be easier to take that first sentence seriously if you didn't have such a vast catalogue of contradictory evidence, much like the second sentence.
    Developers have influence on the entire gaming industry.

Developers saying stupid shit and people listening/believing transcends gaming platforms. Why do you think anti-consumer ideas like "Gamer entitlement" exist.

Puns always intended.

Developers saying stupid shit and people listening/believing transcends gaming platforms. Why do you think anti-consumer ideas like "Gamer entitlement" exist.

Look, anybody would agree that it's stupid to even consider 30fps being technically better than 60pfs (but, I don't believe that's really the point they're trying to make), yet the only time this shite should really be brought up is in the press release specs for the game. Certainly not as a debating tool, nor as a key selling point. It matters only if the game was designed with it in mind, and failed horribly to achieve that. By horribly, I mean if it almost looks like you are drawing each frame by hand.

The only thing we should be hearing in the run up to a release is what the game is about, and what actual features it has to offer. One game is not inferior to another because of the framerate. If it plays, sounds and looks like a dog turd squeezed into a bannana skin, then 60fps does jack all to improve that.

Again I'll say this. You have a habit of making a decent point, but having it contradicted by almost any other post you've written on here.
    You can't say you could give less of a fuck about consoles in one post and deride next-gen consoles for not having as many big new games as another console elsewhere.

Renegade Time Lord

Look, anybody would agree that it's stupid to even consider 30fps being technically better than 60pfs (but, I don't believe that's really the point they're trying to make), yet the only time this shite should really be brought up is in the press release specs for the game. Certainly not as a debating tool, nor as a key selling point. It matters only if the game was designed with it in mind, and failed horribly to achieve that. By horribly, I mean if it almost looks like you are drawing each frame by hand.

The only thing we should be hearing in the run up to a release is what the game is about, and what actual features it has to offer. One game is not inferior to another because of the framerate. If it plays, sounds and looks like a dog turd squeezed into a bannana skin, then 60fps does jack all to improve that.

Again I'll say this. You have a habit of making a decent point, but having it contradicted by almost any other post you've written on here.
    You can't say you could give less of a fuck about consoles in one post and deride next-gen consoles for not having as many big new games as another console elsewhere.
    Like what he/she is doing with Nintendo's Wii U?
    Hello, I'm so pleased to finally see you. I'm The Doctor and I will be your victim this evening, are you my mummy?

Puns always intended.

Quote Originally Posted by LordZargus View Post
    Like what he/she is doing with Nintendo's Wii U?

Exactly! The actual 'debate' gets swallowed up by hypocrisy. You give a shit about consoles if you keep championing one!

Renegade Time Lord

Exactly! The actual 'debate' gets swallowed up by hypocrisy. You give a shit about consoles if you keep championing one!
    Well to be honest we all should know that hypocrisy is Ps360's nickname.

Banned

I kind of laughed and facepalmed at the same time while reading that sentence.

Well of course developers influence the fucking gaming industry they're the ones that make the bloody games, genius.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by Parker View Post
    This is, more or less, how I feel. I honestly couldn't give two shits about 60fps. A constant and reliable 30fps is just fine with me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast