Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Valve is showing something at E3 with Sony

This is a discussion on Valve is showing something at E3 with Sony within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; From Game informer Editor: https://twitter.com/GI_AndyMc/status/473921046517923840 Maybe its an Xbox One game, but we have a feature on Valve that's presenting ...

INTJ

Valve is showing something at E3 with Sony

From Game informer Editor:

https://twitter.com/GI_AndyMc/status/473921046517923840

Maybe its an Xbox One game, but we have a feature on Valve that's presenting at Sony (I'm starting so many rumors with this one)

i am glad i got tickets to the Sony E3 showing now

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

If it has the word 'Left' Or 'Half' in the title then Valve win E3.

O_o

Aw yeah, let the hat-stravaganza begin.

The only sane person here

Hoping something good just like with portal 2 had for the PS3.

Breakfast and Chill

Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    Half 4 Portal Fortress 3

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    Given Half-Life's never been something Xbox fans have exclusively enjoyed, it seems L4D is the most likely option.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettes View Post
    Half 4 Portal Fortress 3

Of course, they could just be popping by to say they suddenly remembered Europe never got Counterstrike: Global Offensive on PS3, and now we wont get it on Current gen either.

INTJ

playing CS:GO on ps3 is like teaching a amputee how to swim

it really is. you can't bring a controller to a MKB fight.

you literally can't pull of shit like this on a controller:

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    playing CS:GO on ps3 is like teaching a amputee how to swim

it really is. you can't bring a controller to a MKB fight.
    Just as well we can use a mouse and keyboard then...

CS:GO is boring as fuck and dumb as dogshit. It was good fun 15 years ago, but has been far surpassed by modern shooters.

you literally can't pull of shit like this on a controller:
    Nor can 99.99999% of the CS population with m/kb...at least not legitimately.

Consoles don't support wall-hack and aimbot mods, so the competition is actually fair. I realise that's a foreign concept to PC gamers, but I guess PC master race wins again. Unless, of course, the PS3 / 360 is modded to behave like a PC, a la hacked Call of Duty lobby. Yep, we can thank PC gamers for that too...

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Just as well we can use a mouse and keyboard then...

CS:GO is boring as fuck and dumb as dogshit. It was good fun 15 years ago, but has been far surpassed by modern shooters.
    have you seen the CS scene in the past year.

It's surpassing all the other FPS's because the game is well balanced and updated properly. It's already unstoppable at dreamhack, whenever MLG picks it up for Pro Circuit it's going to be unstoppable in america.

The PC version gets updated like every other week. The Max Player Cap Rises like every week, it's going to be a huge game.

( Player Stats: http://store.steampowered.com/stats/ 133,000 played CS:GO Today and it's the second place most played game today Behind Dota that has 784k players today )

Valve has the two longest running Esports game series at their disposal. It's amazing.

Nor can 99.99999% of the CS population with m/kb...at least not legitimately.

You Underestimate the CS community in terms of skill level.

My favorite Video game skill video comes from CS, back when Bunny hopping was in CS:S (For those wondering what Bunny Hopping is, You'll see what it is in the video below)

you can also look at all the CS:GO team videos, like Navi, Fnatic, etc. to see the skill level players play at.

Lord of all Goat-Men

YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!!

How dare you express a negative opinion about a game that I like, because now my enjoyment of the game is lessened because that's how opinions work.

Ant1's right, though: no one frags like that. The deagle doesn't work like that, enemies don't act like that (unless they're mongs), and no one plays those maps. With that said, KBM is the only way to go for FPSs. Controllers are just too restrictive and inaccurate.

Wait... what was this thread about again?

illegal in 9 countries

have you seen the CS scene in the past year.
    CS has always been popular because the underlying concept is so simple. I'm not saying it's not fun, I put thousands of hours into it on PC. I'm saying it's dated and there are more rewarding options these days. I could only bear to play CS:GO long enough to get the plat and haven't touched it since.

You Underestimate the CS community in terms of skill level.
    You overestimate the CS community in terms of skilled players.

Some gamers are fucking remarkable, which is why they're pros, but that's a tiny fraction of the overall gaming community. We're talking hundreds of people out of millions who play the game.

M/kb certainly plays a role in skill level, but there are an equal number of highly-skilled padders on consoles. Skill has more to do with time investment than anything else. Do the same thing often enough and it becomes automatic.

INTJ

CS has always been popular because the underlying concept is so simple. I'm not saying it's not fun, I put thousands of hours into it on PC. I'm saying it's dated and there are more rewarding options these days. I could only bear to play CS:GO long enough to get the plat and haven't touched it since.

Play the PC version rather than the PS3 version.

Massive Difference in content seriously.

look at the recent patch for example:
    http://www.counter-strike.net/operationphoenix/

also for E3, Note that valve has released a game every year except for 2002, so expect a game release this year.

illegal in 9 countries

Play the PC version rather than the PS3 version.

Massive Difference in content seriously.
    I have zero interest in PC gaming these days and if I did, I don't have the time nor the inclination to sink dozens, let alone thousands of hours into competitive online MP games. 20 years ago, sure, but not anymore. There are just too many other good games to play to focus on a few. Drab, brown shooter just doesn't cut the mustard anymore.

look at the recent patch for example:
    http://www.counter-strike.net/operationphoenix/
    Wow, look at that...paying for shit that used to be free!

Maps and weapon skins don't change the core gameplay. As I said, simple and fun, but dated.

Check Those Corners

Counter strike on ps4, OR portal 3 on ps4 because Valve stated they liked Playstation for developing multi platform titles better than Xbox.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by CMN View Post
    Counter strike on ps4, OR portal 3 on ps4 because Valve stated they liked Playstation for developing multi platform titles better than Xbox.
    back in 2011 they said they liked sony because they were more open on their platform while microsoft liked to stay closed.

Not as true today, Microsoft is still a bit closed but been way more open with devs than earlier.

Check Those Corners

back in 2011 they said they liked sony because they were more open on their platform while microsoft liked to stay closed.

Not as true today, Microsoft is still a bit closed but been way more open with devs than earlier.
    Agreed. Do you think Left for dead 3 will be on Playstation though? or Half life episode 3?

illegal in 9 countries

Equally, not as true for Sony. They've built the PS4 with developers foremost in mind and it's easier to create games for than the XB1. It also helps they can squeeze greater performance, higher resolutions and better framerates out of the PS4 than the XB1.

Gabe would be silly not to back Sony again this generation, though I'm sure he'll go multi-platform because it's significantly easier this time around given the similarity between PC, PS4 and XB1 architectures.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by CMN View Post
    Agreed. Do you think Left for dead 3 will be on Playstation though? or Half life episode 3?
    Hard to say about L4D3 (unsure of whether Micrsoft has a deal or not), but I'd say the possibilites of the next Half Life game to be on PlayStation are huge, given The Orange Box was released on PS3 and so was Portal 2. They really have no reason not to release the next installment on a Sony platform.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Hard to say about L4D3 (unsure of whether Micrsoft has a deal or not)
    they don't

valve just hated sony's PS3 hardware till they hired a few naughty dog devs. The Cell Architecture is the worse thing to build on in gaming.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast