Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

GTA V - PS4 vs PS3 Comparison

This is a discussion on GTA V - PS4 vs PS3 Comparison within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; New dense grass that moves when the character goes through here or animal. Grass also responds to the dynamic wind ...

Drunken Nights

GTA V - PS4 vs PS3 Comparison

• New dense grass that moves when the character goes through here or animal. Grass also responds to the dynamic wind
    • New species, including a shark - hammerhead shark
    • The animals were naturally will move in groups
    • On the road will be more cars, and will form a traffic jam. The streets will also be more people
    • Cat and new dog - pug
    • Car interior (cockpit view?)
    • New to the GTA Online - new missions, vehicles and character customization options
    • Real Time shadows for all characters and objects in the game!
    • Improved car damage and destruction surrounding
    • Higher resolution textures, more realistic reflections, prettier water, supervision into the distance and other graphical enhancements
    • Ingame Video Editor for PC version

Source: Gameranx
    Last edited by Ghost; 06-11-2014 at 06:37 PM.

Banned

I see, I know PS4 has best high-definiion than PS3 like Watch Dogs and Call of Duty: Ghosts. I can't wait to get GTAV with PS4 version.

PRO Member

That made my eyes hurt...they weren't even comparing the same perspective.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Banned

Where's the fucking difference? They've just enhanced the graphics a tiny bit and added details that could have easily been in the PS3 version.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by harryisonfire View Post
    Where's the fucking difference? They've just enhanced the graphics a tiny bit and added details that could have easily been in the PS3 version.
    It's their way of not delivering us our backwards compatibility for the sake of their pockets.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    It's their way of not delivering us our backwards compatibility for the sake of their pockets.
    All my respect for this company is gone.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I guess that means I'm gonna hold off on buying GTAV for PS3 then.

Toggle Spoiler

Will you play for the love of the game or die as a coward?
    Will Not Accept Blank Friend Requests

PRO Member

I would take the logical route and say a 32 second clip of still images is by no means a way to judge anything. Working with 8 year old technology (including a laughable 512MB of RAM, compared to PS4's 8GB), it's amazing they got an open world game to look as amazing and run as good as it did in the first place.

Cake is good - yet it's better with icing on top. Let's wait for some video and performance comparisons on this port (not a remastering), which honestly, none of the cross-gen ports have been all that different to begin with. I only expect minor performance and visual changes, not a complete reworking of the models and engine.

Personally, I have no need to pick this title up right away. There are far too many new experiences coming this Fall to justify it, and I played a bit of it last year, and got a little bored with the story, although admittedly, I didn't get all that far into it.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Lvl 6 - Silver

Doesnt seem that big of a difference to hold off playing an awesome game.

Uncharted | Ratchet & Clank: aCiT | Uncharted 2 | Heavy Rain | CoD:WaW | Prince of Persia | Resident Evil 5 | Darksiders | Prince of Persia: tFS Assassins Creed 2 | LittleBigPlanet | Modern Warfare 2 | Uncharted 3 | Enslaved: OttW | Battlefield: BC2 | God of War I & II | Mafia II
    NFS: Hot Pursuit | Resistance 2 | Tekken 6 | Bioshock | Star Wars: tFU | Mass Effect | Portal 2 | God of War: CoO & GoS | Tomb Raider

Lvl 4 - Silver

I finished Gta 5 in about a week and a half. Tried multiplayer once and it's not for me. I might pick this up a few years down the road for $20/$30. If I hit a dry spell with games.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Might try it when it's cheap. Don't want to go through the multiplayer again. Bloody horrible getting to rank 100.

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawsToTheEnd View Post
    Might try it when it's cheap. Don't want to go through the multiplayer again. Bloody horrible getting to rank 100.
    Your online data carries over - so it's possible that the online trophies may pop automatically.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Pancake Model View Post
    Your online data carries over - so it's possible that the online trophies may pop automatically.
    That's good to know. Still will wait until it's cheap. Don't want to pay $130 for a game I already own with just slightly better graphics.

INTJ

theres alot of graphical improvements

i like how the textures dont look like shit anymore.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    theres alot of graphical improvements

i like how the textures dont look like shit anymore.

For the power they were working with before, the graphics were pretty damn good. Especially considering scale and detail, but holy ballcaps, PS3 GTA V looks positively average in comparison now.

They have cats now! And detailed in-car stuff! Trees with different bark! This is a rare occasion I can actually get excited about minor technical improvements.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Whilst it's not a drastic improvement, you can see the difference in textures and detail as well as draw distance.

There isn't many games these days that I'd buy and play again but GTAV is definitely one I will be.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Haters gon hate but at the same time it could somewhat Boost PS4 sales i did not played GTAV for myself since it's released beaten the game 2 time in a month for my sister Ps4 shall be the version my game will be \o thank you for the briefing

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I guessing your knowledge that it "could have easily been in the PS3 version" is coming from your years of experience in game development... and specifically developing this game?

Which probably means you have some insider knowledge answering your own question of "where's the fucking difference". Which means you didn't even have to waste your time on a PS3 trophy site asking questions about a remastered game that isn't even out yet, and haven't seen anything more than 45 seconds of cinematics.

Another mystery solved!

The One and Only

I just got GTAV for the PS3, I don't really care for the graphic differences, I just want to find a reason to play my PS3 more often!

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 9 - Gold

I think I will wait a while before getting this on PS4. This is the only game I would be willing to get again but it will be when GTA V feels nostalgic to go back to and be to experience the single player again. I will probably just try to get all the online trophies on PS3 and hope it carries over and doesnt force you to make a new character.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast