Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

$299 PS4 - US only

This is a discussion on $299 PS4 - US only within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by lukas decent deal, but it even says " May be missing parts or accessories." you would be ...

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by lukas View Post
    decent deal, but it even says "May be missing parts or accessories." you would be taking a gamble on it if you buy it
    you look through a list of 299$ ps4's and it tells you if it has scratches or missing stuff.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    My guess is you're a pretty light user, so it should still be working. But for anyone who uses it a few times a week, even if it's just to watch movies (e.g my father-in-law), they're either toast or on the way out. If yours ever shuts down from overheating, that's a bad sign. Opening it is not a problem. I've stripped down a couple of Fats and Slims maybe a dozen or two times and the worst I've done is partially strip the head of a screw. They're just like LEGO...the connectors only fit in one slot.
    I have had my fatty for 6 or 7 yrs. and i've had no problems with it,and it is on and being used more than it is off.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

I wouldn't get that deal either besides there already has been lots of deals already I've seen a PS4 with Skylanders Swap Force, an extra controller and a one year subscription for PS+ for just an extra $50 and I've seen other deals like Infamous Second Son and 1 year PS+ for an additional $30 and I've seen another offer where if you purchased the PS4 you get 40% off any PS4 title upto 5 different titles and all those come with the standard 1 year warranty and the chance to get the extended 2 year no fault and no questions asked extension through the PSN store for an additional $50.

Get bent...

I clicked on the link and it says $349
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I just went to the site to check it out; the price says "$349.99" which is definitely not a good deal at all. I don't know when it was $299, but it appears that it isn't anymore. I'd just shell out the extra 50 bucks for a new one with a warranty.

Notes:
    heavy scratches on glossy part of casing. moderate scuff marks on casing. light smudges on casing of unit

What's Included:
    Game Console, Hdmi Cable, Ac Power Cable, Wireless Controller, USB Cable, Warranty Seal
    Not Included:
    Wired Headset, Owners Manual

Item Location:
    Chino, CA

Product Grade:
    4 - Significant scratches or scuffs

*Nah. 50 bucks cheaper doesn't make this a worthwhile investment. You can get a 1-year warranty through them for an extra $36.99, so then why wouldn't you just hit up Wal-Mart and buy one brand new at that rate? Significant scratches or scuffs? Sounds like the pre-owned deal is not a deal at all....

Lvl 1 - Bronze

The tax is the main issue.
    Wish me luck though.

EDIT** You guys are just late and they put the price up thats all..was down $299 for a good week and more.

Negator

By the time you factor in an after-market warranty (for approximately $100), you're not doing any better than buying full retail.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Well I maybe getting mine tomorrow. It comes with Knack, Infamous Second Son, Killzone Shadow Fall and a one year PS+ subscription all this for $520. So that pretty much means that I'm getting the 2 games and PS+ for free. I'm not going to say where because they only have 1 left and yes it is new

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by MAXTHUNDER View Post
    Well I maybe getting mine tomorrow. It comes with Knack, Infamous Second Son, Killzone Shadow Fall and a one year PS+ subscription all this for $520. So that pretty much means that I'm getting the 2 games and PS+ for free. I'm not going to say where because they only have 1 left and yes it is new
    Yay!!! I got it plus it actually came to $512 because Superstore had a no tax event and it also took off the $8 environmental fee and then I got Lego Movie and Lego Hobbit for $25 each Best Buy was having a Smash Bros. Melee WII U party and it was funny there was like 30+ people in the lineup to try the game and I swayed 7 of them to get the PS4 instead with my sales pitch. I guess Nintendo should have had 4 booths instead of just the one. I gotta say though nobody does it better than Nintendo's Smash Bros.

Check Those Corners

I would never buy a used system. Unless its Nintendo. Those always work used for me.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by CMN View Post
    I would never buy a used system. Unless its Nintendo. Those always work used for me.
    i bought a used DSLite and a GameCube and both are absolutely perfect. i have noticed that Nintendo systems hold up better over time that other systems, as well as owners seem to take better care of them

The One and Only

I wouldn't mind saving up to get a PS4 (which is kinda what I'm doing), but I wouldn't want to buy a pre-owned one. It would feel more of an accomplishment getting it brand new, where the previous owner's problems doesn't apply.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 1 - Bronze

What many are doing right now with these ps4's are buying them and returning them to Gamestop and buying a new ps4 with the money...gamestop has a 50% more event going on and after that it's only like $2.50 more for a new ps4.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by jaws-ate View Post
    i bought a used DSLite and a GameCube and both are absolutely perfect. i have noticed that Nintendo systems hold up better over time that other systems, as well as owners seem to take better care of them
    All agree that they hold up but it's because they aren't used as much seeing the game library is like almost 1/4 of the PS2 library all my friends who had both played 4x as much on the PS2 then the cube..

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Just got my console from this sale today.
    before you buy it you are shown what comes with it and without it.
    I choose the one without the headphones and manual

(Right click to view the pictures..i didn't wanna resize it)

Toggle Spoiler

Only thing wrong with this console was that it was a bit dusty..you might be able to see it on the pics but besides that it looked brand new !
    this was also a grade 5..came with the box and everything.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12