Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

For what purpose - LBP3 no longer PS4 exclusive, coming to PS3

This is a discussion on For what purpose - LBP3 no longer PS4 exclusive, coming to PS3 within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by LordZargus how about we all sit down, shut the fuck up and wait before we all start ...

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordZargus View Post
    how about we all sit down, shut the fuck up and wait before we all start getting the touches and pitchforks and start demanding answers?
    I totally, 100% agree. I myself am so garsh-darn mad, I'm just fighting the urge to go molest up the school around the corner, yet I'm keeping myself composed for the sake of the gaming community!

Toggle Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    you want to convince everyone that your system is the way to go. For that, you need games, mostly exclusives.
    As far as Sony is concerned, their 'system' is the Sony brand, not just the individual pieces of it. If people are buying the game on either platform, Sony still wins, and the LBP franchise is still exclusive to their 'system'. If this was the game that was going to push people to next gen, oh well, they'll have to wait till next year when all the true PS4 exclusives are due - a time span in which the PS4 is unlikely to drop in price (MSRP, not store specials), so it makes little difference in the end to Sony.

Sony has said as early as 2011, that they have a 10 year minimum for the PS3 lifespan, so expect multi-gen releases like these, when possible (ie. non-hardware taxing games like LBP), at least until Winter 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Parker View Post
    Will the 3DS version of Smash Bros. hold the Wii U version back? If not, why do you assume a PS3 version of LBP 3 will hold the PS4 version back? If so, why aren't you upset that Nintendo is holding back Smash Bros. by releasing a 3DS version?
    Damn! That's some bullshit calling right there if I ever saw it. Need to be careful with statements like that - don't want to give our resident Debbie Downer an aneurysm.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Cops vs Robbers Rangers??

heres my 2 cents, while I like the idea that there doing the same game for both systems, I swear on someones grave that if they water down the ps3 version over the ps4 version like they have started to do with some games then there only hurting themselves, watch dogs comes to mind there on the ps3 version it only supports up to 720p when the system can handle way better and they watered down graphics to a point that it looks the same on the xbone, vs the ps4 which is full 1080p and is very crisp and detailed. now I know that there is a difference in system hardware but to dumb down a version to a point of no return is bad.
    back to the argument at hand just make this nice and not butcher it down to a point to where they might as well have shot themselves in the foot and still not make any sense
    now remember this is my 2 cents

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by seether98 View Post
    Look how long Sony supported ps2. Well into ps3's life.
    The only reason it was supported for so long was because of third world countries like brazil still buying them to play terrible soccer games

INTJ

Will the 3DS version of Smash Bros. hold the Wii U version back?
    no because besides character roster and basic gameplay modes, the two games are entirely different in content. They teased this immensely during E3 with a bunch of mini-games, Smash run, and tons of more content exclusive to 3DS.

The Wii U version is expected to have it's own set of special features too.

they do not connect to each other except for some special features that they have not revealed yet. You can't fight Wii U vs 3DS Versions. This is why it's ok for both versions to exist.

If not, why do you assume a PS3 version of LBP 3 will hold the PS4 version back?
    You need a parity for both games. LBP3 is a Level creator game that will cross play between PS4 and PS3 and the previous levels in the series. This means LBP3 for PS3 and PS4 need to be exactly the same Level-design/creation wise. You can't have special PS4 Features because then the PS3 Version can't play them. You can't build bigger levels than previous games because the PS3 needs to be able to load them (Unless you want to fragment your community, then that will unleash a whole bunch of new issues). You can't expand more than what the new tools provide in terms of Level Size and in Level items.

LBP Vita didn't come out for the PS3 and look what it has, It has a bunch of Unique PSVita features exclusive to that platform only. You can't play those games on LBP1/2 because they didn't want to ruin the potential.

Since LBP3 is coming out for the PS3 too and needs to keep parity with the PS4 version, you won't be able to make something cool with the PS4 Touchpad, The LED on the back of the controller, PSEye, and other various things unless they want to fragment and ruin the LBP community.

Fragmenting kills gaming communities. Especially those surrounded around creativity.

If so, why aren't you upset that Nintendo is holding back Smash Bros. by releasing a 3DS version?
    Again, they arn't. The Seperate versions keep to themselves. They don't need a Parity.

Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    Okay, the other way to look at this is that Media Molecule wanted to move on to a new project, and Sony wanted more LBP to keep it in the hearts and minds of the fanbase. The compromise clearly came with Sumo Digital making LBP 3, freeing up MM to create something else on the new hardware. With that in mind, I honestly wouldn't expect many trees to be ripped up in a third installment of a franchise when the creators aren't involved.
    MM hasn't done a LBP since LBP2

they don't want to touch it anymore last time i heard. They stopped touching it during the LBP2 DLC phase and another sony dev took over while MM works on their new secret project.

it's incredibly hard to ruin the LBP formula, so its perfectly ok if they don't work on LBP anymore.
    Last edited by Ps360; 06-16-2014 at 09:44 PM.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shuklar View Post
    PS360 regarding everything: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puAFC5NSWnE#t=104

"I wanted an Escalade!" WAAAAAH

Wait for actual details to blow a gasket, instead of jumping to conclusions that they're skimping on improvements. Who knows - maybe they'll have levels you can only create and play on the PS4.

But honestly, here's hoping the same game also releases on the Vita, really fucking your next-gen experience over, and providing jobs for your therapists for years to come.
    oh boy here he goes again.

I myself am so garsh-darn mad, I'm just fighting the urge to go molest up the school around the corner, yet I'm keeping myself composed for the sake of the gaming community!
    lol, what the fuck?you idiot.

INTJ

by the way, LBP1 is the only reason i (and many other people i know) bought a PS3.

this is why i find this so stupid. The game is a giant system seller.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    by the way, LBP1 is the only reason i (and many other people i know) bought a PS3.

what is it about lbp that compels pc elitists to scoop up a dirty old console?

Resident PHD

Well since the PS4 is selling better than the other 2 systems I guess they are doing OK.

Also I like how you are so excited that the 2 Smash games can't be played against each other. In fact you almost seem to think that it is better that way.

Why DON"T you want as many features in a game as possible. I loved the fact that I could play PSA against people on the Vita or PS3. So once again Nintendo gives you less and you thank them for it. Smash should be a cross-buy game for both 3ds and Wii-U but Nintendo would never do something that awesome.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Well since the PS4 is selling better than the other 2 systems I guess they are doing OK. Also I like how you are so excited that the 2 Smash games can't be played against each other. In fact you almost seem to think that it is better that way. Why DON"T you want as many features in a game as possible. I loved the fact that I could play PSA against people on the Vita or PS3. So once again Nintendo gives you less and you thank them for it. Smash should be a cross-buy game for both 3ds and Wii-U but Nintendo would never do something that awesome.
    The concern is that by catering to a weaker device (handhelds), the console version will ultimately suffer. By making sure that each version of the game is it's own entitiy you can avoid this problem. At the cost of of playing against a handheld owner or whatever.

INTJ

besides anyone who is a hardcore smash player and wants to participate in smash esports is going to get a Wii U version of smash.

The 3DS one is full of fun minigames and smash run.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Outstandind View Post
    The concern is that by catering to a weaker device (handhelds), the console version will ultimately suffer. By making sure that each version of the game is it's own entitiy you can avoid this problem. At the cost of of playing against a handheld owner or whatever.
    it's like the Lego games on vita. They are a port of the weaker 3ds. It posses me off that the vita versions are dumbed down. The vita is powerful enough to have its own version of the game. If not the exact same as the console version. Lazy ass developers.

Lvl 9 - Gold

driveclub is not the only 1 infamous is another ya dumbass.... but I somewhat (wait for it) agree that so far ps4 has been a fizzle of a console in its 1st year. Next year we will all be broke LOL

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Man-023 View Post
    driveclub is not the only 1 infamous is another ya dumbass.... but I somewhat (wait for it) agree that so far ps4 has been a fizzle of a console in its 1st year. Next year we will all be broke LOL
    infamous second son wasn't really a "System seller" though.

its a good game and all, but it was never gonna push Major PS4 numbers and it isn't really a must own.

sony has been hyping drive club since the PS4 announcement so who knows if it is one too.

Bloodborne will be a system seller but god knows when that comes out.

what is it about lbp that compels pc elitists to scoop up a dirty old console?
    You know how PC has a massive modding community full of creativity and fun.

LBP is the console's shot at that. its the ultimate beginner education tool on how to make video games. I really haven't seen a game come that close since Garry's mod.

Negator

the whole point of a new generation is to leave them behind for greater abilities of creativity.
    What's more creative than LBP? Having the game on both platforms only further promotes creativity. ...it may even spark the interest of future independent developers.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

The Site Mascot

Will the 3DS version of Smash Bros. hold the Wii U version back? If not, why do you assume a PS3 version of LBP 3 will hold the PS4 version back? If so, why aren't you upset that Nintendo is holding back Smash Bros. by releasing a 3DS version?
    3DS is a handheld, Wii U is a console. Bad comparison dude.

Here's my thing, where's the incentive to get a PS4? For me Uncharted 4 is the only reason right now.

Avater and signature created by my Best Friend DaRe_xLw
    Aqua's Furry Adventures Through Time and Space.

Renegade Time Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Shuklar View Post
    I totally, 100% agree. I myself am so garsh-darn mad, I'm just fighting the urge to go molest up the school around the corner, yet I'm keeping myself composed for the sake of the gaming community!

Toggle Spoiler

Cheers I think that was because I was in rant mode and forgot to check my spelling. And it was late at night.

lol, what the fuck?you idiot.
    It was due to my comment which instead of saying:

how about we all sit down, shut the fuck up and wait before we all start getting the torches and pitchforks and start demanding answers?
    It said:

how about we all sit down, shut the fuck up and wait before we all start getting the touches and pitchforks and start demanding answers?
    I made a spelling error is all.
    Last edited by LordZargus; 06-17-2014 at 08:20 AM.
    Hello, I'm so pleased to finally see you. I'm The Doctor and I will be your victim this evening, are you my mummy?

Avatar, Signature and Banner by Bladia. Thank You!

PRO Member

It was due to my comment which instead of saying:
    I know.....

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    What's more creative than LBP? Having the game on both platforms only further promotes creativity. ...it may even spark the interest of future independent developers.
    Whats more creative than a PS3 LBP is a PS4-Only LBP.

Hardware limitations from the PS3 has ruined this though unless they fragment the LBP3 community, which would be super deadly for the community since the game is built around backwards compatibility and creativity.

Trophy Guide Grand Master

im really surprised your so upset over this, I mean you did say all of this about LBP back on the old forums...

Quote Originally Posted by ps360
    www.garrysmod.com

Garry's Mod on Steam

It's way more popular, You can make your own tools, record video, spawn anything from HL1: source, HL2, HL2 EP1, HL2 EP2, Portal, Tf2, L4d, and even custom models!

I call ripoff
    you can create new models to put in the game by yourself and not get limited by moderation.
    Gmod 10 is not limited, it's no side scroller, you can have custom maps and stuff in it. it's also used with LUA Coding to make new stuff. And people can download it off your server after you made it.

Did i mention that people can create there own game modes.

Get bent...

no because besides character roster and basic gameplay modes, the two games are entirely different in content. They teased this immensely during E3 with a bunch of mini-games, Smash run, and tons of more content exclusive to 3DS.

The Wii U version is expected to have it's own set of special features too.

they do not connect to each other except for some special features that they have not revealed yet. You can't fight Wii U vs 3DS Versions. This is why it's ok for both versions to exist.
    And how do we know that they might not be planning to do something similar with both versions of LBP3? We don't. Yet.

For all we know, they might have completely different features depending on which version you get. Supposedly, all your content and created levels from LBP1 & LBP2 will be transferrable to LBP3, but they didn't specify if that was for the PS3 version or PS4 version or both. We don't know yet what the full feature set will be for each game yet, so right now you're just talking out of your ass.
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast