Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 55 of 55

For what purpose - LBP3 no longer PS4 exclusive, coming to PS3

This is a discussion on For what purpose - LBP3 no longer PS4 exclusive, coming to PS3 within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by DaveyHasselhoff im really surprised your so upset over this, I mean you did say all of this ...

  1. #41
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,268
    Reputation
    310

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveyHasselhoff View Post
    im really surprised your so upset over this, I mean you did say all of this about LBP back on the old forums...
    Yea Garrys mod is more open (able to use models and stuff) and LBP's Shortcomings are due to sidescrolling.

    But LBP3 Removes most of those shortcomings with the Newly featured level-depth thing. thats a really huge thing in LBP and will allow for a ton more creativity. The Sidescrolling made every new unique gameplay level super clunky to use at first but now you can build Levels properly.

    also, i never called LBP a "ripoff" ever. no idea where that came from. Need context.

  2. #42
    Trophy Guide Grand Master
    DaveyHasselhoff's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Platboy Mansion
    Posts
    1,951
    Reputation
    285

    MAYBE, Im just reading this wrong....I do that sometimes


  3. #43
    Kiwi Defender
    Nagflar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vice City
    Posts
    6,570
    Reputation
    386

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveyHasselhoff View Post
    MAYBE, Im just reading this wrong....I do that sometimes

    That's cheating, Davey! Not all of us (or rather, none of us lol) have access to the old site's archive to go around pointing out inconsistencies .

    Toggle Spoiler



    Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

  4. #44
    Breakfast and Chill
    Vettes's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,390
    Reputation
    229

    Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    That's cheating, Davey! Not all of us (or rather, none of us lol) have access to the old site's archive to go around pointing out inconsistencies .
    Play to win.

  5. #45
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,268
    Reputation
    310

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveyHasselhoff View Post
    MAYBE, Im just reading this wrong....I do that sometimes

    huh

    weird.

    probably ment it as a joke.

  6. #46
    worlds biggest welch fan
    nevetsteven2's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Washington biosphere
    Posts
    811
    Reputation
    63

    Well, there are more PS3 systems out there, plus the 7-? million ps4 consoles = more copies sold
    Sig By Me

    Mirrors Edge Platinum









  7. #47
    Check Those Corners
    CallmeNasty's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,541
    Reputation
    45

    Quote Originally Posted by nevetsteven2 View Post
    Well, there are more PS3 systems out there, plus the 7-? million ps4 consoles = more copies sold
    ^ Right. Nobody would buy a PS4 JUST bc of LBP3 anyway. You would PLAY it more I suppose, but no one would say "Oh! another LBP game! Gonna buy a system to play it!"


  8. #48
    Kiwi Defender
    Nagflar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vice City
    Posts
    6,570
    Reputation
    386

    Quote Originally Posted by CMN View Post
    ^ Right. Nobody would buy a PS4 JUST bc of LBP3 anyway. You would PLAY it more I suppose, but no one would say "Oh! another LBP game! Gonna buy a system to play it!"
    Just like there's a lot of people who don't do anything but play CoD and LoL every day, believe it or not there's a lot of people that play LBP all the time, uploading new levels on a weekly basis. It's amazing how active those two games are, given how old they are. So yeah, there are people who'd buy a PS死 just because of LBP3.

    Toggle Spoiler



    Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

  9. #49
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    parkerdip's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,212
    Reputation
    30

    Give time. The PS4 is under a year old and not everyone can afford to buy one yet so they give them the opportunity to still play these games. It happens with every gen they still release games for the past but after a while games will become exclusive once the majority of people have one.

  10. #50
    Kiwi Defender
    Nagflar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vice City
    Posts
    6,570
    Reputation
    386

    Quote Originally Posted by parkerdip View Post
    Give time. The PS4 is under a year old and not everyone can afford to buy one yet so they give them the opportunity to still play these games. It happens with every gen they still release games for the past but after a while games will become exclusive once the majority of people have one.
    I can only think of this happening before this generation once, and it was with Twilight Princess for the Cube and Wii. Otherwise, the only two other exclusive games I can think of that have been released for the last and next generation console is Titanfall, which was released for PC too.

    If what you're saying were true, there'd be Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Heavenly Sword and Valkyria Chronicles for PS2 and Halo 3 for the original Xbox. Those consoles were still being supported, but not with ports of the next-gen ones. They were being kept alive by new games made exclusively for those consoles (and the typical yearly releases that are on every available console/hand-held, like FIFA or Madden).

    Toggle Spoiler



    Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

  11. #51
    The Roy
    Troys's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    118
    Reputation
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    huh

    weird.

    probably ment it as a joke.
    Yeah....I'm SURE that's it
    This is my signature.

  12. #52
    Lvl 4 - Silver


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Castle Basenji
    Posts
    255
    Reputation
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    I can only think of this happening before this generation once, and it was with Twilight Princess for the Cube and Wii. Otherwise, the only two other exclusive games I can think of that have been released for the last and next generation console is Titanfall, which was released for PC too.

    If what you're saying were true, there'd be Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Heavenly Sword and Valkyria Chronicles for PS2 and Halo 3 for the original Xbox. Those consoles were still being supported, but not with ports of the next-gen ones. They were being kept alive by new games made exclusively for those consoles (and the typical yearly releases that are on every available console/hand-held, like FIFA or Madden).
    I'm glad twilight princess was on the cube. If it wasn't I would never have played it.

  13. #53
    Kiwi Defender
    Nagflar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vice City
    Posts
    6,570
    Reputation
    386

    Quote Originally Posted by seether98 View Post
    I'm glad twilight princess was on the cube. If it wasn't I would never have played it.
    I played it on the Cube, too. Easier to do .

    Quote Originally Posted by Troys View Post
    Yeah....I'm SURE that's it
    Yeah, because he's never trolling every sucker in the forums once a day.

    Toggle Spoiler



    Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

  14. #54
    Negator
    DarkFox's Piss Bucket's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    29520
    Posts
    4,619
    Reputation
    818

    So, about this couples resort...I've got my $175 in-hand if anyone else wants a secret rendezvous.


    Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

  15. #55
    Puns always intended.
    Larrydavidsavatar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    One dimension short of being in a 3D game.
    Posts
    2,432
    Reputation
    161

    Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    So, about this couples resort...I've got my $175 in-hand if anyone else wants a secret rendezvous.

    I think I have a headache that day.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:55 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO