Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

For what purpose - LBP3 no longer PS4 exclusive, coming to PS3

This is a discussion on For what purpose - LBP3 no longer PS4 exclusive, coming to PS3 within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; LittleBigPlanet 3 coming to PS3 too - Video Game News, Videos and File Downloads for PC and Console Games at ...

INTJ

For what purpose - LBP3 no longer PS4 exclusive, coming to PS3

LittleBigPlanet 3 coming to PS3 too - Video Game News, Videos and File Downloads for PC and Console Games at Shacknews.com

One of Sony's E3 surprises was LittleBigPlanet 3, coming to PlayStation 4 in November. The announcement certainly came off like a platform exclusive, but word from LBP community manager Steven Isbell suggests otherwise.

On Twitter (via IGN), Isbell answered a fan question by confirming that yes, LBP3 will be coming to PlayStation 3 as well. He promised "more exciting details to share later," but didn't detail whether the PS3 version will hit alongside the PS4.

LittleBigPlanet 3 introduces three more companions for Sackboy, each with its own unique abilities: Oddsock, Toggle, and Swift.

Potential system seller gone.

and once again DRIVE CLUB is the only Major PS4 Exclusive coming out this year. what a exciting year for playstation

Plats-O'-War!!

How so? If anything, this is good for those who don't have a PS4 (like myself). I knew this was coming to the PS3, and I'm more than sure there are others who are happy that it is.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    How so? If anything, this is good for those who don't have a PS4 (like myself). I knew this was coming to the PS3, and I'm more than sure there are others who are happy that it is.
    Because i was promised a next gen little big planet at E3. i was happy that i will finally regularly use my PS4.

now instead we are not. instead the PS3 will hold back many capabilities that a LBP for Ps4 can provide (bigger/better levels, more stuff in the levels, etc.)

the only Soon-to-release Sony exclusive i was looking forward to from E3, it pisses me off.

The only sane person here

It's as though Sony doesn't want to leave behind the consumers of the PS3

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Because i was promised a next gen little big planet at E3. i was happy that i will finally regularly use my PS4.

now instead we are not. instead the PS3 will hold back many capabilities that a LBP for Ps4 can provide (bigger/better levels, more stuff in the levels, etc.)

the only Soon-to-release Sony exclusive i was looking forward to from E3, it pisses me off.
    Then buy it for the PS4 nobodies stopping you and the way I see it there is no reason to be getting pissed off about it. Whether on PS3 or PS4 its still going to be LBP3. Find something better to cry about.

PRO Member

PS360 regarding everything: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puAFC5NSWnE#t=104

"I wanted an Escalade!" WAAAAAH

Wait for actual details to blow a gasket, instead of jumping to conclusions that they're skimping on improvements. Who knows - maybe they'll have levels you can only create and play on the PS4.

But honestly, here's hoping the same game also releases on the Vita, really fucking your next-gen experience over, and providing jobs for your therapists for years to come.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I assume the people behind LBP3 saw the numbers for PS4 and didn't like it so both.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by KingLazy View Post
    It's as though Sony doesn't want to leave behind the consumers of the PS3
    the whole point of a new generation is to leave them behind for greater abilities of creativity.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

It's more LittleBig Planet, how is that ever a bad thing? Plus, you get the knowledge that Media Molecule are off doing something fresh for PS4 while Sumo take the reins here.

Jeez guy, ease up on the hysterics will ya, and try to enjoy a game once in a while.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    It's more LittleBig Planet, how is that ever a bad thing? Plus, you get the knowledge that Media Molecule are off doing something fresh for PS4 while Sumo take the reins here.

Jeez guy, ease up on the hysterics will ya, and try to enjoy a game once in a while.

because i want LBP for the PS4, not a downgraded PS3 Port that will ruin the quality of the PS4 version.

PRO Member

I absolutely agree

Just imagine how awesome create mode could have been. Now it is just going to be held back for last gen consoles. LBP3 could have sold a few systems as well

Sig by Bladia

Kiwi Defender

I agree with Ps360 here, and that's because it's an idiotic move by Sony. The PS死 is selling well and everything, but this is a huge system seller. By making it available on PS3 they're losing potential sales. All of you who say "I'll buy it for PS3 since I don't need the new console now" are just proving that argument to be right. Sure, it's a great thing for everyone who doesn't want to buy a PS死 just yet, but that's not what Sony wants nor needs: they need to sell even more of those.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Threat

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    I agree with Ps360 here, and that's because it's an idiotic move by Sony. The PS死 is selling well and everything, but this is a huge system seller. By making it available on PS3 they're losing potential sales. All of you who say "I'll buy it for PS3 since I don't need the new console now" are just proving that argument to be right. Sure, it's a great thing for everyone who doesn't want to buy a PS死 just yet, but that's not what Sony wants nor needs: they need to sell even more of those.
    Well, to be fair, it's not like they're really struggling to get PS4 sales.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

Buy my book, Alteration

I don't usually agree with you, PS360, but I do now. This is a really dumb move on Sony's part. I've seen a lot of people saying how they'll buy a PS4 for a 3rd LBP. A PS3 version means more sales, but it doesn't sell PS4s as much. Dumb move.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Resident PHD

the whole point of a new generation is to leave them behind for greater abilities of creativity.
    It is why games like Twilight Princess and Titanfall didn't appear on the Gamecube and X360...oh wait :|

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by AlecDawesome View Post
    Well, to be fair, it's not like they're really struggling to get PS4 sales.
    Yeah, I said so in my post. However, you want to convince everyone that your system is the way to go. For that, you need games, mostly exclusives. LBP3 is a heavy-hitter in that regard, for it's a well-established franchise already that's not only well-received by the media but also by consumers. It being an exlusive would've gotten many to think "Hey, a PS死 is definitely the way to go!", but now they can just wait for the PS3 to get even cheaper and buy it for it (alongside all the other games it already has), not to mention this is a game that would've convinced many PS3 players to finally make the next-generation jump. Now, instead of that, they can just buy it for their PS3.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Renegade Time Lord

because i want LBP for the PS4, not a downgraded PS3 Port that will ruin the quality of the PS4 version.
    But at the same time it is not what you want, they made a sales decision which was to put LBP3 on both the PS4 and PS3. Nothing you can do to stop it.

And I was told "I want" does not always get you what you want. What I am seeing from that post is you basically throwing a fit and acting like a spoiled brat who has just been told they can not have what they want for their birthday or Christmas present. Just calling it like I see it.

Anyway on topic, do I think it is a silly move? Yes because it would be a system seller, but I can see what they are doing which is trying to maximize sales for their game on both systems which a lot of companies do when a new console comes out.

Am I going to bitch and moan about it? No because I am getting it for PS4 anyway. Also we have no idea what the specs for this game are going to be yet so before anyone bitches and moans about "I don't want this game on the PS3, I WANT IT ON PS4 ONLY! WAAAAH! WAAAAH! I WANT IT ON PS4 ONLY!" how about we all sit down, shut the fuck up and wait before we all start getting the torches and pitchforks and start demanding answers?

I think that is reasonable.

Edit: Spelling.
    Last edited by LordZargus; 06-17-2014 at 07:44 AM.
    Hello, I'm so pleased to finally see you. I'm The Doctor and I will be your victim this evening, are you my mummy?

Avatar, Signature and Banner by Bladia. Thank You!

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Okay, the other way to look at this is that Media Molecule wanted to move on to a new project, and Sony wanted more LBP to keep it in the hearts and minds of the fanbase. The compromise clearly came with Sumo Digital making LBP 3, freeing up MM to create something else on the new hardware. With that in mind, I honestly wouldn't expect many trees to be ripped up in a third installment of a franchise when the creators aren't involved.

Cynical as it sounds, LBP 3 will likely be more of the same with sprinkles on top in Sumo's hands because that's the job they've been given. Make more of what the fans like, don't fuck with the formula too much. If MM were making LBP 3, I'd totally get the annoyance at a cross-gen title, as they should be looking to innovate and push on, but they're not making it. As it is, it'll do good numbers and probably be received well, but I doubt it will be the true, deserving sequel fans want for a next-gen system seller.

Fight the Future

Will the 3DS version of Smash Bros. hold the Wii U version back? If not, why do you assume a PS3 version of LBP 3 will hold the PS4 version back? If so, why aren't you upset that Nintendo is holding back Smash Bros. by releasing a 3DS version?

Lvl 4 - Silver

Look how long Sony supported ps2. Well into ps3's life.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast