DICE Doesn't know what you liked about Bad company, Thats why there isn't a BC3

This is a discussion on DICE Doesn't know what you liked about Bad company, Thats why there isn't a BC3 within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; DICE CEO: "What is it that the people really liked about Bad Company?" | PC Gamer Battlefield: Bad Company 2 ...

INTJ

DICE Doesn't know what you liked about Bad company, Thats why there isn't a BC3

DICE CEO: "What is it that the people really liked about Bad Company?" | PC Gamer

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 was selected as the 2010 Shooter of the Year by PC Gamer UK. So why, four years later and despite insistence that it's "still out there," is there still no Bad Company 3? DICE chief Karl-Magnus Troedsson says he knows people want a sequel, the problem is that the studio can't quite figure out exactly what people loved about the series.

It's not that Troedsson and company think the Bad Company games were substandard by any measure; if anything, it's the opposite. "Some people say they found the multiplayer controls faster and more direct," he told Eurogamer. "Some people liked the single-player and the characters and the humor. People love different things about it. It's starting to almost get to that place where, if we were to make a sequel to Bad Company, what would than even imply?"

"It's scary to go back and try to remake an old fan favorite when actually no-one can really put their finger on what it is people love. Bringing back the characters and creating a great single-player out of that, sure, I can understand that," he said. "But some people say this: the Bad Company 2 multiplayer is the best you've ever done. Okay, why is that? It's hard for people to articulate what that is, which is actually hard for us. It would be hard to remake something like that."

dice, ill give you one single hint

PRO Member

Awesome trailer. I've never seen the end two clips of that. Are there more, or just those two?
    Really wish DICE would do a Bad Company 3... but like they said, they could ruin it

Lvl 9 - Gold

If they are so worried about not knowing what people liked about the first two, then (and this may come off wrong) just make the same game again. if you take every element from Bad Company and Bad Company 2 and put it in Bad Company 3, then they can't go wrong. Sure they'd be adding things that people didn't like about the first two, but with so much awesomeness, id say it'd be real easy to overlook that stuff.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisValentine View Post
    Awesome trailer. I've never seen the end two clips of that. Are there more, or just those two?
    Really wish DICE would do a Bad Company 3... but like they said, they could ruin it
    They did a bunch of parody trailers before the game came out

the only other one i know of is Bad World

Quote Originally Posted by jaws-ate View Post
    If they are so worried about not knowing what people liked about the first two, then (and this may come off wrong) just make the same game again. if you take every element from Bad Company and Bad Company 2 and put it in Bad Company 3, then they can't go wrong. Sure they'd be adding things that people didn't like about the first two, but with so much awesomeness, id say it'd be real easy to overlook that stuff.
    Thats the problem.

They don't know what elements were good or bad.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    They don't know what elements were good or bad.
    and thats why i said just take EVERY element from the first two games, don't think about which ones were potentially good or bad, just put them in the 3rd game.

don't forget developers, much like every other profession, can't please everyone, so they hafta see what worked for them as well, and then make the game

Negator

Keep Bad Company a primarily Single Player experience, and make Battlefield your main MP title...there's your answer.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Basically, don't be all gruffly serious, and po-faced about Bad Company, then you are halfway there. In all honesty, Bad Company 2 was such a good game because it at least had a shot at injecting personality into its single player. That and it had the distinct advantage of not being flooded by COD fans in its MP at that point.

Regular Battlefield, however, does not need a single player campaign, as shown by one of the most tediously underwhelming campaigns in a FPS to date (Battlefield 3). I'm a grump about that, as in my eyes, its always been a multiplayer experience, whereas its rival has always had both sides.

After that decent success story with Bad Company 2, EA got stars in their eyes and thought they should take on COD at its own game, rather than keep BF distinctive. I'm not sure they could go back to the way it was, too many users have been dragged across because of the changes to the franchise for it to be worth risking.

PRO Member

Like Larry said, cut out the super serious oohra bullshit, and give the characters some personality. Developers always pride themselves on employing ultra secret Tier 1 operators to consult on these games, but how about just getting some GIs in for a round of beers and getting some war stories from them, bound to be a lot more amusing I reckon.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Sounds to me like they don't want to take a risk.

INTJ

they just need Bad company to act like Generation kill

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    they just need Bad company to act like Generation kill

Yeah but Generation Kill was adapted by David Simon who is arguably the greatest mind creating TV right now. He wrote Homicide (the show was best when it was using stories from his book), The Corner (adapted from his time on the streets of Baltimore), The Wire (greatest show of all time), Generation Kill and Treme.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    Keep Bad Company a primarily Single Player experience, and make Battlefield your main MP title...there's your answer.
    Really? I mean yeah sure Bad Company is probably better Single Player wise just because it's more enjoyable due to the jokes and other great elements of it. However I LOVED it's multiplayer as well. Bad Company 2's multiplayer IMO was way better than BF3 & BF4 not to mention the awesome Vietnam Expansion which alone is probably better than BF4's online. The community should just get together and get feedback from each other and make a full list of things we loved & hated from Bad Company's Single Player & Multiplayer and have DICE take a look at it.

"PS3T.com Member Since 2009"

Negator

I felt the single player experience in BF3 was just in the way, and they should have focused all their efforts on the MP and polished it. Same idea for BC; drop the majority of the MP and add time into the SP. Don't sit the fence on multiple titles and have us all gaming in grey areas.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I really enjoyed sniping people with the 870 MCS shotgun in BC2.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by CurseShooter View Post
    Really? I mean yeah sure Bad Company is probably better Single Player wise just because it's more enjoyable due to the jokes and other great elements of it. However I LOVED it's multiplayer as well. Bad Company 2's multiplayer IMO was way better than BF3 & BF4 not to mention the awesome Vietnam Expansion which alone is probably better than BF4's online. The community should just get together and get feedback from each other and make a full list of things we loved & hated from Bad Company's Single Player & Multiplayer and have DICE take a look at it.
    BC2 Multiplayer was good because Dice actually had time to balance it and gave out free map packs so they wouldn't fragment the community.

something they broke their promise on because EA is a bunch of greedy fucks.

Deathless Destroyer

I think Battlefield 4 has this thing where if you buy DLC and more DLC comes out, unless you buy the new DLC you can't use the old one.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel