Max Payne 3 coming to PS4

This is a discussion on Max Payne 3 coming to PS4 within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Max Payne 3 is coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One later this year, PS4Daily has learned. According to a ...

PRO Member

Max Payne 3 coming to PS4

Max Payne 3 is coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One later this year, PS4Daily has learned. According to a retailer source who spoke to PS4Daily, two new Max Payne 3 SKUs have been spotted, which correspond to PS4 and Xbox One versions. The game should be announced later this Summer with a Winter 2014 release date.

As announced at E3, Take Two and developer Rockstar are also porting Grand Theft Auto 5 to the PS4 and Xbox One. GTA 5 is scheduled for release in Fall 2014.

Apparently, Rockstar is putting lots of work into getting the RAGE (Rockstar Advanced Game Engine) game engine working on the new platforms with GTA 5, and all the work will make it easier to get Max Payne 3 on the same platforms, since both games are built using RAGE.

The PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of Max Payne 3 should have modest graphical upgrades, and should include the extra content and DLC thatís been released on the previous platforms.

See also: Comparing the PS3 and PS4 Grand Theft Auto 5 trailers (video)

Max Payne 3 was originally released in 2012 on the PS3, Xbox 360, and PC. Considering that Rockstar had already ported the game to the PC, and considering that the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One use the same x86 PC architecture, it wouldnít be that hard to get the game running on the new systems.

Max Payne 3 has sold over 5 million copies to date ó which isnít bad by any standard. Unless itís Grand Theft Auto 5, which has sold an impressive 33 million units.
    Source: Rumor: Take Two porting Max Payne 3 for next gen | Playstation 4
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 9 - Gold

Max Payne 3 was horrible for trophies...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I would never of thought Max Payne 3 would of come to the PS4.

Lvl 9 - Gold

this is really getting beyond a joke now..... leave last gen where it is (as its not old or broken where it is anyway) and make NEW current gen games for fs sake

Lvl 1 - Bronze

really max payne was turd shit story shit game play all round steaming pile of shit

Lvl 8 - Gold

The game was garbage. Why would they port it?

O_o

I liked Max Payne 3, but R* could always release games we'd actually red-dead-rebuy.

Lvl 5 - Silver

As much as I liked Max Payne 3, I'd much rather see a new Red Dead game, or a new Bully. Or some news on Agent.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Yeah it is getting a bit silly with all these ports....

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

One of the few that I have no problem with being ported, as the article states, it already runs on hardware close to PS4 standard, therefore a port costs little, meaning no real effort or risk if not many people buy it. Think logically here, if you could get some potential extra cash with minimal work (by comparison to actually making a whole new game from scratch), wouldn't you?

With games like Max Payne 3 and Tomb Raider, you can already buy them cheap as chips if you had really wanted to play them by now, nobody forces anyone to buy remasters, they don't take that much time away from fresh projects to create, so I can't really understand the problem, unless the remaster is of an actual lump of poo of a game, which Max Payne 3 was not.

Though I will note, for less effort, the consumer should be paying less money, remasters should not cost more than the original games starting price.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    Though I will note, for less effort, the consumer should be paying less money, remasters should not cost more than the original games starting price.
    Other than special editions, remasters never cost more than the original version of a game. Although I do feel they should cost no more than $40 when they first come out, even WITH DLC.

Banned

*thinking* I bought that game with ultimate bundle but not started to play yet. If I don't earn its platinum trophy before its PS4 version releases, I guess I will probably go double-plat on that game with both versions.

Rise Above

agree. GTA collection PS4 port be nice and a sequel to bully

La Mano de Dios

2014: Year of the Ports

INTJ

Great game

it was stupid for rockstar to release it same week as diablo 3 when it first came out. Hopefully they massively improve Max Payne 3 Graphically and get more sales for it.