More Playstation games to be remastered for PS4 due to high interest

This is a discussion on More Playstation games to be remastered for PS4 due to high interest within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Whether or not you're a fan of them, more remasters could be coming out of Sony soon, the first of ...

PRO Member

More Playstation games to be remastered for PS4 due to high interest

Whether or not you're a fan of them, more remasters could be coming out of Sony soon, the first of which is The Last Of Us: Remastered launching toward the end of this month. Some people may be torn about this, but as long as it doesn't prevent new games from launching, we should be excited about older games coming to PS4.

The demand seems to be there for more remasters and its looking like Sony is planning on bringing out more, though they did not specify. Sony Computer Entertainment boss Andrew House talked about upcoming remasters possibly finding new consumers that they missed when they originally launched on PS3.

"I hesitate to say this because I know committed gamers may roll their eyes about it, but there's an opportunity with some of the remastering or re-imagining from PS3 franchises that will potentially find an audience that hasn't played them in the previous generation because they skipped that generation. We're starting to see signs of that.

"That bodes well for us as a platform, but it bodes well for developers and publishers as well. I've always looked with envy at the movie industry about what a great job they're able to do with taking content and making it work. Disney is the best example of this, right, of taking classic content and reintroducing it to audiences over time," House said.

He went on to talk about how this is a new market that has yet to be explored and could be something that becomes a major part of business in the future. The PS4's first remaster will be out in a few weeks, but what else Sony has up their sleeves for more is what could help them boost holiday sales, assuming another remaster is coming for the holiday. That's just a thought though and nothing factual at all.

Remasters are an interest topic to discuss because they're not new games, just improved ones. As someone who would love to see both older Xbox and PlayStation games on both new systems, it's great to hear Sony talking about it seriously.
    Source: Interest in PS3 remasters 'bodes well' for PlayStation 4, says Sony - National Video Games | Examiner.com
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

Fight the Future

Good. Obviously people are interested and the companies involved are making money so I see no reason why they should stop. If you don't like remasters, don't buy them, simple as that.

Negator

Reproducing games has been lucrative for Nintendo...guess Sony's gonna try that and see what happens.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

PRO Member

Should've kept just my PS3 at this rate... or bought an XBOne. PS4 has been a waste of money so far.... Seriously considering trading it in towards and X1...
    Last edited by ChrisValentine; 07-16-2014 at 06:42 PM.

Forget I Was Ever Here

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisValentine View Post
    Should've kept my PS3 at this rate... or bought an XBOne. PS4 has been a waste of money so far.... Seriously considering trading it in towards and X1...
    how were you playing Grid 2?

It is time for me to go underground

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by yoo_hoo_sniper View Post
    How were you playing grid 2?
    Edited my previous post, to make it more obvious. Derpy English on my part!