Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PS Now in open beta. Here's the list of games and prices.

This is a discussion on PS Now in open beta. Here's the list of games and prices. within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Overpriced imo. source: List of PlayStation Now Games - PlayStation 4 Wiki Guide - IGN For Weekly Rentals, PlayStation Now's ...

Lvl 8 - Gold

PS Now in open beta. Here's the list of games and prices.

Lvl 4 - Silver

You're definitely right about it being overpriced. For a rental as short as 4 hours there's no way we should have to pay $4 or more, no matter how good the game is. I get that the main selling point they want you to go for is the 90-day option, but they're defeating the purpose of the try before you buy idea with having the short rentals so expensive. The 90-day options aren't all that cheap either compared to simply buying the game. I think I'll stick to just buying physical copies of games for now. Thanks for passing the news along.

Kiwi Defender

Way overpriced. One can buy many of those games for about the same as the 90 days (and sometimes 30 days) price tags. So far, Now's looking like something I won't be trying.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Deathless Destroyer

These prices are ridiculously OP. There's no reason going with the 90-day prices when you can often get the game for the same price or a little more and keep it forever.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, [I]120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 3 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

Youtube Channel

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Lvl 8 - Gold

This pricing model won't last long.

The _ is silent.

These prices are ridiculous! Who the hell do Sony think they are? I demand lower prices. Unacceptable.

Sig and Avatar by SideEffect

R.I.P Ellie

Oh... I thought it was a subscription service where you pay a set amount a month and then just stream what you wanted... ala LoveFilm
    And agreed on the pricing, you can buy most of those second hand for less.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I saw a copy of alpha protocol for 2... I would have laughed my way out of the shop if they asked for 15 and wanted it back in a month :p

Lvl 6 - Silver

Wow, wont bother with this. May as well just wait until the price drops and keep the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisValentine View Post
    Oh... I thought it was a subscription service where you pay a set amount a month and then just stream what you wanted... ala LoveFilm
    Why wouldnt they make this an option for those looking to use this instead of buying games??

Uncharted | Ratchet & Clank: aCiT | Uncharted 2 | Heavy Rain | CoD:WaW | Prince of Persia | Resident Evil 5 | Darksiders | Prince of Persia: tFS Assassins Creed 2 | LittleBigPlanet | Modern Warfare 2 | Uncharted 3 | Enslaved: OttW | Battlefield: BC2 | God of War I & II | Mafia II
    NFS: Hot Pursuit | Resistance 2 | Tekken 6 | Bioshock | Star Wars: tFU | Mass Effect | Portal 2 | God of War: CoO & GoS

Tomb Raider (91%), Killzone2 (83%)

illegal in 9 countries

That's exactly what it was originally billed as and exactly what it should be.

Why would anyone rent a game for more than they can buy it?

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Lvl 8 - Gold

I want what ever Sony is smoking so I might understand their pricing for this. Even then I would probably still say hell no. I'll stick with my physical copies. Plus why would you want to "rent" the Back To The Future game for 90 days. You can finish all 5 episodes in less than 7 hours if I remember correctly.

Lvl 8 - Gold

this will tank quick if this is the way it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fight the Future

The 7 day pricing seems pretty spot on to me. Redbox, the only place I can rent games around here, charges $2 a day for video games so this is actually a better deal (for most games) than Redbox. Of course if I only want the game for two days I can return it and only be charged $4 but still, I don't think this is overpriced for a rental service, at least the 7 day rental, the 4 hour rental prices are pretty bonkers.

That being said, I'd much rather this service be something like PS+ where you pay a monthly (or yearly) fee and have access to everything for as long as you want, or as long as you pay the fee.

PRO Member

Good luck with that one Sony.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Parker View Post
    The 7 day pricing seems pretty spot on to me. Redbox, the only place I can rent games around here, charges $2 a day for video games so this is actually a better deal (for most games) than Redbox. Of course if I only want the game for two days I can return it and only be charged $4 but still, I don't think this is overpriced for a rental service, at least the 7 day rental, the 4 hour rental prices are pretty bonkers. That being said, I'd much rather this service be something like PS+ where you pay a monthly (or yearly) fee and have access to everything for as long as you want, or as long as you pay the fee.
    Redbox rents newer games though.

Lvl 8 - Gold

That's the motto. Remember, this is just a beta, I'm sure they'll fix the pricing and offer a subscription service. But as of now, these prices are far too ridiculous.

Negator

Wow, the reasons to own a PS4 just keep piling up.

Fight the Future

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyblitzed View Post
    Redbox rents newer games though.
    The Redbox nearest my house has 4 PS3 games.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
    How to Train Your Dragon 2
    Saints Row IV
    Minecraft

As a rental service I think the prices are okay (though they have chosen some very strange rental periods) but I hope Sony realizes that people don't want a rental service and change PS Now accordingly.

Lvl 5 - Silver

The 4 hour rentals are priced that way to drive you towards just buying a week since the perceived 'value' is so much greater for a dollar or two more. They stated they are working on a subscription pricing model but who knows, with the prices the devs want to charge for these games it'd be prohibitively expensive.

I think they would of been better off dropping in a lot of the old first party games initially for cheaper to prove the model to the other devs and get them on board at more reasonable prices.

PRO Member

4 hours is overpriced, but the others are pretty good. Can you earn trophies this way or no?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast