Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Missed Targeting - Witcher 3 Might not be 1080p on PS4 or XB1

This is a discussion on Missed Targeting - Witcher 3 Might not be 1080p on PS4 or XB1 within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Witcher 3 Dev Responds to Report That Game May Not Run In 1080p on PS4, Xbox One - GameSpot The ...

INTJ

Missed Targeting - Witcher 3 Might not be 1080p on PS4 or XB1

Witcher 3 Dev Responds to Report That Game May Not Run In 1080p on PS4, Xbox One - GameSpot

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt developer CD Projekt Red has responded to a recent report that quoted a developer as saying the ambitious RPG may not run in 1080p on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. CD Projekt Red marketing manager Tomasz Tinc tells GameSpot today that the studio is constantly optimizing the game, and explains that a final resolution has not been determined.

"As [The Witcher 3 visual effects artist Jose Teixeira] said, we are working hard on optimizing the game and nothing is set in stone," Tinc explained. "Our engine team remains optimistic and we will surely squeeze the most we can out of each console. I know you might be expecting concrete info like the final frame rate and resolution, but it's simply impossible to give you that sort of thing before the optimization process is complete."

note that witcher 3 devs said earlier that they were "Targeting" 1080p, which means it wasn't confirmed to be 1080p but they were hoping to hit it.

its kinda depressing you buy a 400$ piece of equipment that cant run something in 1080p. You can buy computers for 400$ and it will run anything in 1080p.

The only sane person here

I don't get the obsession with 1080p, seems like a first world problem to be honest.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by KingLazy View Post
    I don't get the obsession with 1080p, seems like a first world problem to be honest.
    because it's the current standard in movies/tv/games

even cell phones run games in 1080p 60fps

Threat

Will the Wii U version be 1080p?
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Witcher 3 Dev Responds to Report That Game May Not Run In 1080p on PS4, Xbox One - GameSpot

note that witcher 3 devs said earlier that they were "Targeting" 1080p, which means it wasn't confirmed to be 1080p but they were hoping to hit it.

its kinda depressing you buy a 400$ piece of equipment that cant run something in 1080p. You can buy computers for 400$ and it will run anything in 1080p.
    Yeah, on ultra low settings at 30fps. You can't buy a decent PC for that price.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by harryisonfire View Post
    Yeah, on ultra low settings at 30fps. You can't buy a decent PC for that price.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Where's the operating system?

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by M40A3 View Post
    Also, what about people paying others to build the computer since they don't have the knowledge, ability, time, etc. to build the computer? An old friend of mine who I lost contact with made his living off of building computers for people.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Well, I guess that's it. No reason to buy the game, or the system. PS4 games aren't running at optimal performance within the 1st year of it's lifespan so it's a failure... a depressing, depressing failure. Although, for some reason, I have the phrase "gameplay is all that matters" going through my head over and over. I wonder where it was that I kept hearing that?

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by skidmarkgn View Post
    Well, I guess that's it. No reason to buy the game, or the system. PS4 games aren't running at optimal performance within the 1st year of it's lifespan so it's a failure... a depressing, depressing failure. Although, for some reason, I have the phrase "gameplay is all that matters" going through my head over and over. I wonder where it was that I kept hearing that?
    People were really looking for to it for 'next-gen'. Guess you'll have to wait another 10 years.

Rise Above

who cares, its all about gameplay. you want 1080p go outside and see the real world.. enough said

Lvl 7 - Gold

I don't blame PS4, but the game-makers. I think W3 will be the first PS4-game that will NOT run on 1080

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by _RiCaRdO_ View Post
    I don't blame PS4, but the game-makers. I think W3 will be the first PS4-game that will NOT run on 1080
    battlefield 4
    watch dogs
    killzone shadow fall (Mp)
    EA Sports UFC

all pretty big games from big developers with thousands of people working on the game.

that "Supercharged PC Architecture" is sure showing it's might. not to mention devs said it was "So easy to work on"

Quote Originally Posted by skidmarkgn View Post

it's 2014. The standard is 1080p

this isn't 2006.

what does it say about a console that can't even do the standard.

Quote Originally Posted by M40A3 View Post

it's simply elementary my dear watson

there's even some wine with it

Quote Originally Posted by mikesorrell View Post
    Also, what about people paying others to build the computer since they don't have the knowledge, ability, time, etc. to build the computer? An old friend of mine who I lost contact with made his living off of building computers for people.

if you have the mental capacity to put a lego set together, you can put a PC together.

Just Follow the Instructions you get with the parts and youll have it done in like a hour. if something breaks then god bless that manufactures warranty/amazon.com/newegg.com replacement policy

Lvl 8 - Gold

if you have the mental capacity to put a lego set together, you can put a PC together.

Just Follow the Instructions you get with the parts and youll have it done in like a hour. if something breaks then god bless that manufactures warranty/amazon.com/newegg.com replacement policy
    And I have really bad tremors. I can no longer wire a water heater because of it.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by mikesorrell View Post
    And I have really bad tremors. I can no longer wire a water heater because of it.
    it's literally like legos.

everything snaps into place easily. Just put it into it's slot, Snap it in, and bam. The Power Cables are exactly the same too. Hand tremors won't be a problem unless they are super severe (I am not trying to offend, btw).

you arn't doing some super precise thing like threading a needle or something. Just snap in & plug in.

Only time you have to be delicate is when you don't want to throw static on the motherboard to shorten it out (which is incredibly hard in the first place unless your assembling the thing on a carpet or something) or put heat paste on the CPU.

Lvl 8 - Gold

it's literally like legos.

everything snaps into place easily. Just put it into it's slot, Snap it in, and bam. The Power Cables are exactly the same too. Hand tremors won't be a problem unless they are super severe (I am not trying to offend, btw).

you arn't doing some super precise thing like threading a needle or something. Just snap in & plug in.

Only time you have to be delicate is when you don't want to throw static on the motherboard to shorten it out (which is incredibly hard in the first place unless your assembling the thing on a carpet or something) or put heat paste on the CPU.
    They are really bad. I actually tried building my own PC a little over a year ago, before my tremors started getting really bad, and somehow broke the graphics card 3 times. Can't tell you how other than my tremors being bad. I don't take any offense, it's just when you've been doing a certain trade for half your life and you no longer can do the most simple thing, like putting two 14 gauge wires together, it's really disheartening.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Backup the 3 goals associated with Colombia comebackChile , France, 11 moments five goals regarding Spain to generate Programmed qualifying measures are simply a little percentage , you can aquire a selection.
    Runescape Gold

Banned

Oh my god, don't you PC basement dwellers get it? Resolution is just a number, it has been proven that the human eye can't notice the difference past 720p and 30fps, so stop going on about your 4k monitors and your high frame rates because you're just wasting your money! PS4 is, and always will be the elite. Console master race.

INTJ

Oh my god, don't you PC basement dwellers get it? Resolution is just a number, it has been proven that the human eye can't notice the difference past 720p and 30fps, so stop going on about your 4k monitors and your high frame rates because you're just wasting your money! PS4 is, and always will be the elite. Console master race.
    poes law is in effect

Lvl 8 - Gold

Can't tell if trolling or serious. I suggest you research before you speak.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast