Saints Row IV: Re-Elected & Expansion

This is a discussion on Saints Row IV: Re-Elected & Expansion within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Source: IGN Announced today via PAX Prime, Saints Row IV is getting a 2nd term in office and will be ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Le Mansion De Murray

Saints Row IV: Re-Elected & Expansion

Source: IGN

Announced today via PAX Prime, Saints Row IV is getting a 2nd term in office and will be coming to the PS4 on January 27th 2015 for North America, as well as Xbox One. The remaster of this game is going to absent the "Remastered" or the "Definitive Edition" tagline that was on other games such as Tomb Raider and The Last of Us, and the upcoming Sleeping Dogs and Max Payne 3. Instead Saint Row IV will be aptly renamed "Saints Row IV: Re-Elected". IGN's article states that:
    This updated version will reportedly feature slightly improved visuals and all of the DLC for the title.
    Also announced via PAX Prime today is Saints Row: Gat Outta Hell, which will put players in control of Johnny Gat or Kinzie Kensington. This DLC expansion pack will be released as a stand alone DLC available on PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and PC, and will released on the same day as Saints Row IV: Re-Elected. It is not known if the Re-Elected Edition will also include this expansion pack.

I personally really enjoyed Saints Row the Third and Saints Row IV, and even though I'll be casting my vote in for the Re-Election, I'm kinda on the fence out this remastering. Games like The Last of Us, Tomb Raider, Diablo III, and Grand Theft Auto V are games that are prefect for remastering, because they're amazing games. But now the announcement of Max Payne 3, Sleeping Dogs, The Walking Dead Season 1 (which is a fantastic game, but doesn't need a remastering) and 2, The Wolf Among Us, and now Saints Row IV.... I get that they're trying to get people in who never bought a PS3 to purchase the PS4, but it's like if they didn't buy it before for those games, just because they're released now with better graphics and a bit more content doesn't mean they're gonna come scrambling.

Thoughts on this remaster?

Trailer for Gat Outta Hell:

Trophy Guide Grand Master

The Platboy Mansion