I feel like such a ratard

This is a discussion on I feel like such a ratard within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; This is fuckin dumb. How the fuck do I transfer my ps3 psn name to the ps4. I read that ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I feel like such a ratard

This is fuckin dumb. How the fuck do I transfer my ps3 psn name to the ps4. I read that theres a prompt that asks you if you want to use your previous ps3 name but I never saw that! Now I used my 1 yr membership on a User that I think is just named my real name. Like if I join online, which I cant because I got the Destiny bundle, I feel like my real name would be my screen name instead of ffxociffercop. WTF is going on, how do I use my ps3s identity before I return this motherfucker!?!?!

Death is Awaiting....

If you already used your Plus on another acount other than FFX. I'm pretty sure you're fucked. This may not be right, but I'm pretty sure you can hold down the PlayStation Button and switch users. Then click on create a new one. Then I think it prompts you to either create a new one or use existing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Schism View Post
    If you already used your Plus on another acount other than FFX. I'm pretty sure you're fucked. This may not be right, but I'm pretty sure you can hold down the PlayStation Button and switch users. Then click on create a new one. Then I think it prompts you to either create a new one or use existing.
    This. I believe only one PS4 account needs to have Plus to access online MP. Keep in mind, that's not grounds to return the product for a refund - it's your error, not Sony's. Just make sure to connect to an Existing Account when creating the new user.

It's also worth looking at your Profile to see what PSN ID comes up under your real name. You see your real name on the PS4's XMB, but everyone else sees your PSN ID.

Also, "ratard"....funny stuff.

Forget I Was Ever Here

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post

Also, "ratard"....funny stuff.
    ^^^^^^^^^

Hope you get it sorted out but as Ant said it does show your name as well.

It is time for me to go underground

Lvl 3 - Bronze

But like how do I even try and find my psn name?

Edit: The actual name of my ps3 is rdrc4ever. My online account was ffx.. I signed in to ps4 with my email and asked for my real name. Did that and my real name with the ps plus sign with rdrc under it came up. Where the fuck is ffx??

Im about to be so pissed off

Lvl 9 - Gold

look at your trophy info or earn a trophy on the ps4 then sync it to have to have a look there.....

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by FFXOcifferCop View Post
    But like how do I even try and find my psn name?

Edit: The actual name of my ps3 is rdrc4ever. My online account was ffx.. I signed in to ps4 with my email and asked for my real name. Did that and my real name with the ps plus sign with rdrc under it came up. Where the fuck is ffx??

Im about to be so pissed off
    Forget your real name. It's the name under your real name that is the PSN id of your PS4 account. That's possibly rdrc4ever.

Also, don't confuse the PS3 Account name with the PSN id name. Your local PS3 account might be rdrc4ever, but your PSN id might be FFX. I don't know without seeing a screenshot.

If they're different PSN ids and you want to use FFX, create a new user on the PS4 for FFX, sign up to the PSN using an existing account and use that id.

If you've subscribed to PS+ as the PSN id rdrc4ever, it can't be changed. In the end, it's no big deal in any case as you can still play all games and access online via your FFX id.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Also, don't confuse the PS3 Account name with the PSN id name. Your local PS3 account might be rdrc4ever, but your PSN id might be FFX. I don't know without seeing a screenshot.

If they're different PSN ids and you want to use FFX, create a new user on the PS4 for FFX, sign up to the PSN using an existing account and use that id.
    Nope not cofusing the 2. My friends list is empty. If I go to trophies, nothing is there except for destiny and Skyrim which is weird. I had skyrim on ps3 which makes me question wtf Im thinking, but no other trophies. I have not earne a trophy yet on the the ps4. I was too pissed to even play the game.

The only psn id I have is my regular email and password, thats how it brought up rdrc. I even deleted my file and remade it and came up the same as my name and rdrc. I never had the choice to select ffx or never picked it up. I did not create a new account.

PRO Member

you are using the same email as your FFX0cifferCop ps3 account when making your ps4 account? It shouldn't let you make a new PSN with it.

Sig and Avy made by djunglist
    My Trophy Checklist

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Remember there is a setting that shows your real name to you, but still shows your psn name to everyone else

Negator

Wow, that sucks. PS4 sounds ratarded.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by FFXOcifferCop View Post
    Nope not cofusing the 2. My friends list is empty. If I go to trophies, nothing is there except for destiny and Skyrim which is weird. I had skyrim on ps3 which makes me question wtf Im thinking, but no other trophies. I have not earne a trophy yet on the the ps4. I was too pissed to even play the game.

The only psn id I have is my regular email and password, thats how it brought up rdrc. I even deleted my file and remade it and came up the same as my name and rdrc. I never had the choice to select ffx or never picked it up. I did not create a new account.
    Then you're using the wrong email address and password. An email address cannot be linked to two accounts. Double-check your login details on the PS3.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Don't feel bad, man. At least you're not this guy: Do You Like My Fedora?
    Bitch please. Nothing wrong with that dude.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Then you're using the wrong email address and password. An email address cannot be linked to two accounts. Double-check your login details on the PS3.
    This I think is what happened. I was using an old email address that I used from school like 4 yrs ago on the ps3. So I try and sign in, cant figure out the password cuz it has to have 2 cap letters, have numbers, more than 10 characters.. jesus fucking christ. I finally go to change it and I do, but now neither ps3 or ps4 will log on with the new password!! The new password doesnt work Im thinking because my school email/student ID has been deleted or something. So now I cant play either one online.

Im calling Playstation tomorrow and hopefully they can override all that shit so I can set it to my normal email with a normal password that connected to FFXOcifferCop. This experienced has been pretty fucked.

Negator

I think you've done something else wrong. The email address doesn't even have to be real in order to get on the PSN.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Cops vs Robbers Rangers??

ummm not sure what you did there, but when you started up your ps4 it should have asked you to create an account or add your existing account which would be your log in info from the ps3 as for the real name info that's something entirely new on the ps4 and only servers to let others in your friends list see who you are if you allow them to so instead of like with my name being supersonicjc it would be my real name on that bit.
    did you by accident create a new account and botch it all up?