Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Mystery Game By Sony Unveiled Tomorrow

This is a discussion on Mystery Game By Sony Unveiled Tomorrow within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Helyx I'm saying this as a friend: don't hold your breath for a FFVII remake. I'm not, ...

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    I'm saying this as a friend: don't hold your breath for a FFVII remake.
    I'm not, but I'm confident that it could be done.

Fight Off Your Demons

I can't really see a FFVII remake as being unprofitable either. Yes, it'd be a LOT of work, but definitely more feasible now with the PS4/Xbox One. It wouldn't cost quite as much to do as a new game, because there isn't much pre-production work they'd have to do. They know the story, the characters, the abilities, the world, etc. It would just be a matter of rebuilding it. With the newer consoles easier to develop for, it'd also make it cheaper to produce than say on the ps3.

And with how many people there are whining about it, that just shows how many people are willing to buy it. And they aren't the only ones. I know my brother would buy it in a heartbeat, but he would never actually bring anything about it up. I know there's definitely more like him out there. The game has a huge nostalgia base around it, and could easily sell quite a bit. Hell, the PSone classic is one of the most consistent sellers on PSN, and has been in the top 10 for classics almost every month since release.

Saying that, I don't really think it's something that's in the works, or will be in the near future. Just saying it's more than possible for them to make money if they decided to do it.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Outstandind View Post
    7 would be a big project, but far from impossible, and far from unprofitable.
    Thing is you can't back that up. You can say "IT'S THE BESTEST AND MOST POPULAR! IT'LL SELL LIKE HOTCAKES!!" all you want, but you can't really back that up. The game isn't even the most profitable FF game ever, and it's certainly lost most of its love as time passes by. Many still claim it to be the bestest game ever made, but most of them (if not all of them) hadn't played a Final Fantasy until then, and they most likely than not won't help Square make up all the money back.

If anything, only Square can find out whether it's worth the time, effort and money, and that's through an extensive and more-likely-than-not extensive market research. Supposing they've done it already, then that means it ain't what any of you claim to be 'a sure-fire best-seller' and therefore Square won't bother - wich I totally support.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

illegal in 9 countries

*psst* I didn't like FFVII. I thought FFVIII was a much better game

I preferred the more realistic visual style of FFVIII, Gunblades and the Triple Triad mini-game. No HD release for that one yet either and it ain't gonna happen.

How may HD remakes of PS1 classics have been released to date? The answer is none.

Fight the Future

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    *psst* I didn't like FFVII. I thought FFVIII was a much better game

I preferred the more realistic visual style of FFVIII, Gunblades and the Triple Triad mini-game. No HD release for that one yet either and it ain't gonna happen.

How may HD remakes of PS1 classics have been released to date? The answer is none.
    While it wasn't exactly an HD remaster, Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty is a remake of the PS1 game Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey. I can't think of any others off the top of my head though.

Get bent...

There will be no FFVII HD remake on the PS3 or PS4 ever. Period. (Not counting the PS1 Classics version on the PSN)

The ONLY thing I can see them doing IF they were to do a remake is MAYBE putting it on the Vita to help sell that brick.

On a side note: FFIX >>> FFVII
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion619 View Post
    There will be no FFVII HD remake on the PS3 or PS4 ever. Period. (Not counting the PS1 Classics version on the PSN)

The ONLY thing I can see them doing IF they were to do a remake is MAYBE putting it on the Vita to help sell that brick.
    Nah, that thing is doomed.

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

INTJ

this was the unveil

not joking

Lvl 5 - Silver

Well, that was...strange.

Buy my book, Alteration

Well... that sure isn't PaRappa 3...

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Negator

On a side note: FFIX >>> FFVII
    If anything, Squeenix will use FF7 as their "Get Out of Jail Free" card if they can't get their shit together after FFXV and KH3. They seem to have learned their lesson from XIII saga, so that may be a dwindling possibility. Every day that goes past, FFVII HD is a less likely possiblilty.

On a side note: FFXII > FFIX

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Get bent...

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post

On a side note: FFXII > FFIX
    I haven't run across too many people that liked XII that much. I didn't really care for it. Still better than XIII though...

On a side note: FFX >>> FFXII
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

Kiwi Defender

I haven't run across too many people that liked XII that much. I didn't really care for it. Still better than XIII though...

On a side note: FFX >>> FFXII
    That's not fair at all. Arguably, FFX > FFI-IX, XI-XIV, so it might as well be left out of the convo.

Also, you must hang out with other people - prefferably those who know what's best (*coff* FFXII *coff*) .

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    this was the unveil

not joking

Well this wasn't the "BIG" unveil everyone was expecting but this has got my attention. This will certainly be a pre-order for me. Now I can't wait to play this.

not joking

PRO Member

@nagflar: I'm sure it would do just fine.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    this was the unveil

not joking

lol. shit like this has become the norm now.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMardigan_88 View Post
    This will certainly be a pre-order for me. Now I can't wait to play this.
    not joking
    ugh. where the fuck is it. oh yeah.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123