Problem with PS4 Messages ...

This is a discussion on Problem with PS4 Messages ... within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I get a notification saying that I have a message from a user, then I go to the app and ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Problem with PS4 Messages ...

I get a notification saying that I have a message from a user, then I go to the app and nothing there, sometimes it take minutes for the new message to show up , anyone have same problem ?

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Same here I have just chalked it up as being lag on my end.

PRO Member

Yep, a few of my friends are getting it too.

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Happens to me all the time. I rebuilt my PS4's database and that seemed to help a little bit.

I also removed several friends so that I was below 100. This probably doesn't help specifically with messages, but it did help with navigating the PS4 interface in general for me.

Legalize it...

Its that app. It kinda sucks imo. It works when it wants to...

Forget I Was Ever Here

Quote Originally Posted by JDizzle0420 View Post
    Its that app. It kinda sucks imo. It works when it wants to...

App? Console itself. Just hit refresh and it will come up briefly after. A delay is nothing big you could always join a voice chat and not have to worry about messages .

It is time for me to go underground

Legalize it...

Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper View Post
    App? Console itself. Just hit refresh and it will come up briefly after. A delay is nothing big you could always join a voice chat and not have to worry about messages .
    He said App so I assumed he was talking about the PS App for phones. Its pretty much how I send all my messages these days cause its faster and easier. When the App wants to load that is lol...

Forget I Was Ever Here

lol I dunno the title says PS4 messages though? I took at as he called the message system an app from the console? The app is fast and so is the PS3 on that front .Why waste battery life on the app?

It is time for me to go underground

Lvl 8 - Gold

Its not only you, the PS4 message system is completely broken. It took me 3 and a half minutes to load a single message.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by M40A3 View Post
    Its not only you, the PS4 message system is completely broken. It took me 3 and a half minutes to load a single message.
    This. It's the norm with the system as I've been told from friends that have had it since release. They need to fix it.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

PRO Member

Yeah, it's slow. I don't know why, but it happens to me for both incoming and outgoing messages. I started using the phone app cause it loads faster than my PS4 does. I just chalk it up to poor programming or poor internet connection. Either way, there isn't a whole lot I can do to fix it that I'm aware of.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Good to know i am not alone, thanks all .

DELTA CUBES, DELTA CUBES!

Quote Originally Posted by xwingrlj View Post
    Yeah, it's slow. I don't know why, but it happens to me for both incoming and outgoing messages. I started using the phone app cause it loads faster than my PS4 does. I just chalk it up to poor programming or poor internet connection. Either way, there isn't a whole lot I can do to fix it that I'm aware of.
    Yeah this, I tend to just use the app because it's like 2 mins faster loading.
    Avy by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 4 - Silver

quick fix
    if the official refresh button doesn't work, just send a message back (like a blank message or whatever), and everything will pop up as it should

this has been happening to me for several months, and doing this little workaround solves the problem
    every time
    Add me if you want (soulless94), as long as you don't randomly delete me for no reason
    If I randomly add you, it's because you're awesome...wanted an answer? There it is. =]
    -----
    Cops don't protect against mugging, abuse, or grand theft. I thought you should know how great your "protectors" are.
    -----
    Myanimelist - Ryxia6392

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Yusuf_Obaidat View Post
    I get a notification saying that I have a message from a user, then I go to the app and nothing there, sometimes it take minutes for the new message to show up , anyone have same problem ?
    its the same for me as well. it all started with a past firmware update. think it was 1.52 when i started having this issue. and yet. the ps3 doesnt have this problem.
    Uplay: JasonVoorhees98
    Steam: JasonVoorhees987 - Origin: JasonVoorhees987
    XBL: CMaggotbone - Social Club: GrimReaper4383

Lvl 9 - Gold

I'm having an issue on my PS4 (not the app) where i try to send a message and it loads it to 97% and then just sits there. A few minutes later it'll say "Connection to the server has been lost." At some points I can send messages with no issues, others I spend hours trying to send a single message. Unfortunately I do not have a phone that the app is compatible with, and my Android tablet never loads the app for some reason. I've hit the refresh button numerous times and yet still nothing... I've even tried sending another message, as Soulless mentioned, but even that doesn't work

Rise Above

yea i get the same thing. my messages get to 97% and stays there for a minute or so and then it sends. it also takes me a couple of minutes to receive messages. I get a notification stating that I received a message but I cant see because its still loading.. I doubt it its lag, because I get excellent connections, must be the psn network current firmware update

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by jaws-ate View Post
    I'm having an issue on my PS4 (not the app) where i try to send a message and it loads it to 97% and then just sits there. A few minutes later it'll say "Connection to the server has been lost." At some points I can send messages with no issues, others I spend hours trying to send a single message. Unfortunately I do not have a phone that the app is compatible with, and my Android tablet never loads the app for some reason. I've hit the refresh button numerous times and yet still nothing... I've even tried sending another message, as Soulless mentioned, but even that doesn't work
    its weird that the ps3 only has 512mb of ram. and doesnt have these issues.
    Uplay: JasonVoorhees98
    Steam: JasonVoorhees987 - Origin: JasonVoorhees987
    XBL: CMaggotbone - Social Club: GrimReaper4383

Deathless Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by Sterling Archer View Post
    its weird that the ps3 only has 512mb of ram. and doesnt have these issues.
    I don't think it has anything to do with system memory.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

PRO Member

Honestly, I think it's a server issue. Or at least a server partition issue. PSN should look into it and try to smooth it out for both the PS4 and the phone/tablet app.