Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Uncharted remastered collection on PS4?

This is a discussion on Uncharted remastered collection on PS4? within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; all this remastered stuff has put me of getting a ps4, as mentioned gta v, the last of us, sleeping ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

all this remastered stuff has put me of getting a ps4, as mentioned gta v, the last of us, sleeping dogs, tombraider all just recycled crap if you already played them on ps3

the ps4 has good features but no stand out games so no ND should just put more effort into making some new games rather then recycle old stuff

Buy my book, Alteration

Quote Originally Posted by nuta1 View Post
    all this remastered stuff has put me of getting a ps4, as mentioned gta v, the last of us, sleeping dogs, tombraider all just recycled crap if you already played them on ps3

the ps4 has good features but no stand out games so no ND should just put more effort into making some new games rather then recycle old stuff
    It's a classic business maneuver. With a new console generation, you have people who either missed out because they lacked the console or just missed out. Now, they can finally get to the game, and better than ever. I'm glad they remastered The Last of Us, or I would've missed out on an incredible experience.

As for the topic at hand, it would be cool to see the Uncharted series remastered, although everyone's talking about doing so like they all need new content to justify it. Just update the graphics, get 60 FPS, and that'll be enough to drum up a profit. Especially when U4 is being touted as the "big" PS4 title when only 30 seconds have been seen.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    Don't know if they'll do it and I hope they don't because it isn't needed besides UC4 is due next year. This whole remastering thing is bullshit.

GTA added small unimportant shit lol.
    It's not exactly bullshit mate, let's not forget some gamers are coming over from XBOX 360 to PS4 so it'll be nice to let them have a bash at the collection, and what about those who have broken PS3's and just owns a PS4?, I own it for PS3 but I would prefer it on PS4 so I can enjoy a 60FPS remastered experience.
    Working on the last of us grounded new game plus

The Deathly Rhythm

I heard a rumor that Naughty Dog gonna make a collection for PS4

But only Uncharted Drakes Fortune gonna get a remaster (aka looking like UC3)
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Outstandind View Post
    A lot of people are enjoying the improvements to GTA, Metro 2033, Halo etc.

It's not 'small shit'.

'Small shit' is The Last of Us. Tomb Raider. Metro Last Light. Sleeping Dogs.
    I disagree. I find all of those to be small shit, whereas the examples you consider as 'small shit' I'd consider as even less than that (ergo, nothing).

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalman123 View Post
    It's a classic business maneuver. With a new console generation, you have people who either missed out because they lacked the console or just missed out. Now, they can finally get to the game, and better than ever. I'm glad they remastered The Last of Us, or I would've missed out on an incredible experience.
    I'ts not classic at all (at least not in the gaming industry). Think of how many NES games were re-released on the SNES, or SNES games on the 64, or 64 games on the Cube (I can think of only one on that case: Ocarina of Time: Master Quest), or PS1 to PS2. It wasn't until last generation that it became a "popular" business maneuver; before that it happened on rare occasions.

That said, I can see it becoming a 'classic' business maneuver with time lol.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by wrafix View Post
    It's not exactly bullshit mate, let's not forget some gamers are coming over from XBOX 360 to PS4 so it'll be nice to let them have a bash at the collection, and what about those who have broken PS3's and just owns a PS4?, I own it for PS3 but I would prefer it on PS4 so I can enjoy a 60FPS remastered experience.
    I'd think people switching to PS4 would be caring more for new games not old ones. They'd possibly want the collection but probably after playing UC4. Those with broken PS3s can always get another PS3 if they're that keen to revisit. Well there you go they might do it for you. Though really only UC1 could do with the facelift the others are fine.

It's bullshit because this is becoming standard and if all developers start worrying about their old games it'll possibly have a negative effect on new games being released. That's why I'm against it.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Kiwi Defender

It's bullshit because this is becoming standard and if all developers start worrying about their old games it'll possibly have a negative effect on new games being released. That's why I'm against it.
    It's happened already. Look at the PS死's library: most of it is made up of ports and re-releases, and most of the rest is available on PS3 as well. There's not many incentives to get one, really, and the new games ain't exactly coming out with any haste - let alone exclusives. If anything, right now I'd like one just to get another 30 free days of FFXIV and to play Destiny and/or Diablo 3 with Rubi. It won't be until the Type 0 port is released that it'll truly have an exclusive I'm interested in.

Then again, that's just me, and we all know ant1 loves those extra poylgons being displayed on his TV screen .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I'd think people switching to PS4 would be caring more for new games not old ones. They'd possibly want the collection but probably after playing UC4. Those with broken PS3s can always get another PS3 if they're that keen to revisit. Well there you go they might do it for you. Though really only UC1 could do with the facelift the others are fine.

Okay fair enough, to be honest though I actually don't think it's a waste of time at all, I for one would really enjoy all three @60FPS with bumped up textures etc and I'm sure many others would love it, it's possible they will do a remastered collection after 4's release, only time will tell, 1 and 2 both look horrible in terms of graphics, 3 isn't too bad, it's actually got pretty nice graphics, I'm just hoping anyway.
    Working on the last of us grounded new game plus

PRO Member

That's why I'm against it.

my hero

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by Outstandind View Post

my hero

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Lvl 9 - Gold

I would love to see an Uncharted remastered collection, especially before Uncharted 4 comes out. The issue I have with it is that the games are so big on the PS3and will be bigger on the PS4, that even with the use of multiple discs in order to fit all 3 games into one bundle, it'll probably take up 60-80GB of my 500GB factory HDD, which I'm already at 21.7GB free with about 170GB worth of stuff not downloaded.

Harvester of Souls

I'd get it if they did. I could see multiple discs. Perhaps 1 & 2 on the same disc, or a voucher for one of them, and then put as much as they could the others. I'd like multiple discs if that's what they had to do.

Or a bundle pack after 4 releases.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I think with playstation now we'll start to see the remasters slow down if not stop altogether. Remastering from one generation to another doesn't make much sense to me. Wish developers would focus more on new titles, not rely on previous cash cows that aren't even getting a "graphical update", just getting DLC added in. I bought a $450 console for NEW games not rehashes that I could get for my PS3 that I still have.

Deathless Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by WolvesPlayhockey View Post
    I think with playstation now we'll start to see the remasters slow down if not stop altogether. Remastering from one generation to another doesn't make much sense to me. Wish developers would focus more on new titles, not rely on previous cash cows that aren't even getting a "graphical update", just getting DLC added in. I bought a $450 console for NEW games not rehashes that I could get for my PS3 that I still have.
    Remasters will slow down but I still think that there is a market for old games that are remade by developers.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12