PS4 not working.... help/ideas?

This is a discussion on PS4 not working.... help/ideas? within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hey everyone... I got my bad mamma jamma on launch day....and, of course, didn't buy the extended warranty. Now, this ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

PS4 not working.... help/ideas?

Hey everyone... I got my bad mamma jamma on launch day....and, of course, didn't buy the extended warranty. Now, this morning, this started happening - There was COD: Advanced Warfare in my system, it ejected just fine - then, I went to put in Dying Light and it feels like something is now "stuck" or "blocking" the disc drive....it won't take any discs at all. I tried the unplugging thing - no good. I tried holding down the power button and doing the "restore default settings" or something like that..... also no good. If anyone has any other solutions...or knows a place that does Playstation repairs that ARENT going to cost me $150 and make me wait 3 weeks....I would appreciate it....
    http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=969355

Cause I'm the Wilt Chamberlin of that upper body grip!

PRO Member

My PS4 does that. I've only found ways to avoid this but not a complete fix. It would seem there is a screw to the left side of the PS4 where the faceplate is and where your HDD goes that is either too lose or too tight (can't remember which it is). One way around the PS4 auto ejecting and not accepting discs is loosening it (which works for me a bit). Another way around it believe it or not and also the one I actually use a lot more is place your PS4 from a horizontal (laying down) position to vertical (standing up). The only reason why I haven't really looked up a 100% fix for the problem is because I have completely forgot about this issue sine I haven't encountered it ever since I placed my PS4 in a vertical position (since beginning of March 2014). My recommendation would be just do a bit more research on this and go for what ever suits you best.

"PS3T.com Member Since 2009"

Lvl 7 - Gold

Alright - so, I took it to my local repair shop, and they messed around with it a little bit - we actually got a disc IN it..but..now, it's just not reading the discs....../sigh. It's seeming more and more like i'm going to have to send it off and have it repaired by Sony.
    http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=969355

Cause I'm the Wilt Chamberlin of that upper body grip!

Lvl 9 - Gold

This is why we retailers offer the multi-year protection plan, lol. You never think you'd ever use it, and now you might hafta spend that $150 for Sony to fix it, whereas when you bought it you might've only paid $30-70 depending on where you bought it from. Protection plan companies vary with their video system policies. Asurion fixes the system and sends it back to you (in my case they didnt do shit and just sent it back, and in worse condition too), whereas SquareTrade simply sends you back a full refund + and sales tax on a gift card to wherever you bought the system at.