How P.T.'s endlessly looping hallway could be the ENTIRE Silent Hills game

This is a discussion on How P.T.'s endlessly looping hallway could be the ENTIRE Silent Hills game within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; With the announcement of Project Morpheus being announced for the Playstation 4 in 2016, I felt the need to dig ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

How P.T.'s endlessly looping hallway could be the ENTIRE Silent Hills game

With the announcement of Project Morpheus being announced for the Playstation 4 in 2016, I felt the need to dig up a game (or better said, a teaser) that could be one of the front running launch titles for this Virtual Reality headset. P.T. for those who may not know, was a teaser for the next entry in the Silent Hill franchise (called Silent Hills), and it was revealed, and subsequently released at Gamescom 2014 on the Playstation Store as a free download from a new team called 7780s Studios. It was later revealed that Hideo Kojima, the man behind the Metal Gear Solid series, teamed up with Guillermo Del Toro who has directed great films such as Pacific Rim. Silent Hills will star Norman Reedus, who is better known as Daryl from The Walking Dead.

Now, before I get started with this theory, I want to say that i have no idea if the hallway of P.T or the story of P.T will play in any way with the story of Silent Hills. This is all just thoughts broken down. NOTE: If you have never played or seen P.T, THIS WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS... YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

To begin, P.T's story is about a father who killed his entire family, and it is to be believed that you are living this father's limbo as he traverses through the deeper and deeper stages of hell while his wife, named Lisa, torments him to the end. You, supposedly as the father, go through the endless looping hallway, as it changes slowly every time you go through the door at the end of the hall.

Now how does this correlate into the ENTIRE Silent Hills game, you might ask? Well it wraps itself around the story you hear throughout the game, from the radio and the alien/baby/chicken breast thing. It tells of a man who murdered his wife, son, and then daughter with a shotgun, and then he hung himself with a garden hose found in the garage. Here is the full Radio transcript from the first loop of the endless hallway:

"The brutal killing took place while the family was gathered at home on a Sunday afternoon. The day after the crime, the father went to the trunk of his car, retrieved the rifle, and shot his wife as she was cleaning up the kitchen after lunch. When his ten-year-old son came to investigate the commotion, the father shot him, too.

His six-year-old daughter had the good sense to hide in the bathroom, but reports suggest he lured her our by telling her it was just a game. The girl was found shot once in the chest from point blank rage.

The mother, who was shot in the stomach, was pregnant at the time. Police arriving on-scene after neighbors called 911 found the father in his car, listening to the radio. Several days before the murders, neighbors say they heard the father repeating a sequence of numbers in a loud voice. They said it was like he was chanting some strange spell.

There was another family shot to death in the same state last month, and in December last year, a man used a rifle and a meat cleaver to murder his entire family. In each case, the perpetrators were fathers. State police say this string of domestic homicides appears unrelated, though it could be part of a larger trend, such as employment, childcare, and other social issues facing the average family."

Now... what we gather is the Husband, who may or may not be your character you play as, went absolutely crazy and proceeded to kill his family (his pregnant wife, and two children. What makes this interesting is Lisa, the evil scary as F--- ghost of the game, is presumed to be the wife, and the baby thing is supposedly the fetus that was killed when the husband shot his pregnant wife in her stomach.

Here's the amazing part: Silent Hill games are all about hell, alternate realities, etc. What if the prologue of Silent Hills is you, playing third person as the husband, as he goes around slaying his family (yes this will automatically make the game Rated M and would need major warnings for those squeamish to the thought), and that sets up you killing yourself in the garage. You could even have the husband take out his wife's right eye (which Lisa is missing, and is also part of the "Gouge it Out" puzzle in P.T). Once the prologue is finished, the husband will wake up in the limbo, and the P.T hallway will begin.

Obviously, I will say the hallway will have to change. The puzzles will need to be different, longer, and more challenging. On top of that, I want access to the balcony because that would open up a whole new possibility for scares, and puzzles to happen. More doors, more windows, more Lisa. You go through a few times, and you get to the loop where you see the baby for the first time, as Lisa locks you in the bathroom (when you get the flashlight). The baby cries, and it cuts back to when the baby was born (cutscene of Lisa in the hospital giving birth). Depending on the style of game you want, you can have an action scene, or a running from Lisa scene, but for sake of post I'm keeping it at puzzle/cutscene level. You come out of the memory with the door opening, and you continue on your way.

A few loops later, and you come to the one where the window in the upper atrium falls and crashes. If you look up in the balcony in the actual demo, Lisa can be seen standing there, smiling down at you creepily. In my theory game, you can have her talk about what the two of them had. This leads to a cutscene, perhaps of the family at their home during a major storm. Conveniently enough, the actual home of this family also has an upper atrium window, that gets blown out due to high winds of the storm. The husband says something along the lines of "I'll always be there for you guys." and the game cuts back to Lisa saying something like "Don't you remember?"... the husband continues on.

A few loops later, and you come to the running sequence and you stop to look into the open hole when the radio says...:

"Now's the time for action."
    "Our society is rotten to its core"
    "I'm talking to all the fine, upstanding folks got their welfare cut, got their jobs pulled out from under 'em."
    "Yeah, you! You know what to do!"
    "Now's the time! do it!"
    ...and you hear a man slaying his family with what sounds like a machete or kitchen knife. You can have the husband cut back to a memory of he and his family hearing the SAME thing in real life, and then seeing/hearing a subsequent breaking news story. The father is shown sitting there staring blankly into space, as Lisa (wife, not ghost) gets him to snap out of it.

It cuts back to the husband in the limbo, and again continues to run. Then he sees the baby in the fully lit up bathroom, and the baby talks to him. Here's what he says to you:

"You got fired, so you drowned your sorrows in booze. She had to get a part-time job working a grocery store cash register. Only reason she could earn a wage at all is the manager liked how she looked in a skirt. You remember, right? Exactly ten months back."
    What is gathered from this is that Lisa had to get a job because her husband got fired from his job (the Machete radio killing talks about this). The manager only hired her cuz he thought she was good in a skirt, so he raped her ten months ago. When Lisa found out she was pregnant, her husband went absolutely bat s--- insane and slayed his whole family, including himself because Lisa didn't tell him that she got raped until AFTER it was made known that she was pregnant.

So once you hear the baby say that to you, a cutscene/gameplay scene would occur. You would play as Lisa, as she is hit on by the manager, more and more. (NOTE: Rape would not be shown... that's just wrong) Another cutscene could occur after and show that Lisa tested positive to be pregnant.

It cuts back to the husband, as he continues his way through the loops. You could hear the "204863" line repeated over and over from the radio. Then, at the scene where the game glitches out, it could be just ONE glitch screen (I know there's like five or six in the real demo, which is pretty awesome) with the numbers 204863 scattered all around the screen. It cuts back to a cutscene when the father is unemployed, miserable, and hating himself and his entire life. He buys a lottery ticket with the last dollar he has. The winning prize for this local ticket requires you to get the six numbers in the proper order from 0-9, with a payout of $10,000 US Dollars (the radio could mention this). His numbers were 2-0-4-8-3-6. What were the WINNING numbers? 2-0-4-8-6-3. The father sits there in disgust as he sees how close he was to winning it big and giving his family a reprieve from poverty. You play as him as he slowly sombers outside to his car, as he repeats the winning numbers: 2-0-4-8-6-3. His neighbors attempt to talk to him, to no avail. You get inside the car, turn the radio on, which is playing his wedding song (this can be mentioned at that point). He just sits there saying the numbers over and over until the game cuts back to the limbo state.

The ending puzzle will be longer than the three baby laughs, and would culminate with a long staredown with Lisa. The husband proclaims he is sorry for all that he did, and Lisa says it's too late to apologize as she rushes to possess him, as you see in the demo. You only have a limited amount of time left before you get taken over, and killed (via jumpscare, the time would vary to REALLY amp up the suspense). You must do the final puzzle (which would involve every item used in each scene... example the Shotgun from the beginning or the garden hose). If you complete the puzzle before Lisa kills you, the phone rings and it says, as it does in the demo "You have been chosen." which would be basically a symbolic meaning of "Hell will accept you now." You walk through the front door, and the game is over showing the police entering your home and finding your family dead.

TL;DR: You add puzzles, do cutbacks to the life using the story that PT created, and make the house bigger with more to do in it.

Thoughts on my theorized game, using Project Morpheus technology? It could be an amazing experience. I apologize for those who read the whole thing, and did not like the idea, but i'm open to feedback. Please give me your thoughts, positive or negative.
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

My FAVE FIVE:

WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston

Breakfast and Chill

I like it. And yes, Morpheus would be EXCELLENT for PT.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Really good read holy. A well thought out theory and it sounds like a bold direction to go in. Hopefully Kojima does lean towards ideas such as this.

Morpheus support would probably put some people in the asylum!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Thank you both for the feedback . I really appreciate it. It's amazing how such a small teaser could be potentially be something so big.
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

My FAVE FIVE:

WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston

Lvl 6 - Silver

I read the whole thing, and I love your idea! That would be a day one purchase, especially w/ Project Morpheus

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I like it .