Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Banned for the most unbelievable reason.

This is a discussion on Banned for the most unbelievable reason. within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So on the 31/3/15 I received an email from sony saying my account has been permanently banned/suspended. This is what ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Banned for the most unbelievable reason.

So on the 31/3/15 I received an email from sony saying my account has been permanently banned/suspended.

This is what I received - "We are contacting you regarding your Sony Entertainment Network account and your recent online activity.

On 31-03-2015, we noted that your online activity in True Name was in breach of the PlayStation®Network Terms & Conditions for the following reason: BANREASON.

This email is to inform you that your Sony Entertainment Network account has been permanently suspended due to severe breaches of the service Terms & Conditions.

Yours Sincerely,

The community Team
    Sony Computer Entertainment Europe".

I rang them and was told its because I gave false information in the "real name" section of my profile.Now,I don't EVER put my real name,i always put something stupid/humorous and so do a lot of my friends.So I put my name as Jack the ripper and thought nothing of it as I change it quite frequently.But sony told me that the "real name" section IS for your real name and whats more it says so in the Ts & Cs.
    But apart from this being extremely harsh in my eyes,i never received a warning asking me to change this or an email asking me to correct my error.I'm in total shock about this and have appealed this ban through an email pleading that I was totally unaware I had to put my real name in and that I've had my profile for 8 years and have spent thousands of pounds on games etc and that this was just a mistake and a that its been blown out of proportion.
    I find it totally crazy that this has happened and would like to warn other PS4 users against putting anything except their real names and hope that sony see sense and overturn my ban.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Wow. Imagine what would happen when they found out millions of people they thought were adults are actually kids putting a fake age on their account...

Toggle Spoiler

Credit to DaRe_xLw for the Sig and Avi

Forget I Was Ever Here

lol I changed my name because I don't feel people should be able to view my real name from People You May Know...This is not a social network platform for me therefore I'd rather nobody knowing my name case closed....

Sorry it happened to you. There are a lot of of members with fake names as you mentioned so I'd like to see how that turns out.

It is time for me to go underground

Legalize it...

Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper View Post
    lol I changed my name because I don't feel people should be able to view my real name from People You May Know...This is not a social network platform for me therefore I'd rather nobody knowing my name case closed....

Sorry it happened to you. There are a lot of of members with fake names as you mentioned so I'd like to see how that turns out.
    When I Googled this earlier it says when you register you must provide your real name. On my PS3 when I go to Account Management it says my real name but on PS4 if you request my real name it just says J Dizzle...

https://support.us.playstation.com/a...s-and-consoles

False Registration Information
    Offender created an account with false information (email address, date of birth, name, address, etc).

Platmate Ass Editor

Sony is actually ctOS somebody needs to hack them and restore justice and order to the world.

"The artist has a duty to seduce the ear and delight the spirit"
    You can't spell sarcasm without RC

Did you .... ( •_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■) put on sunglasses?

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by redcell89 View Post
    Sony is actually ctOS somebody needs to hack them and restore justice and order to the world.
    umm no dont do that.... it shouldn't matter what the name is hope it all works out.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by redcell89 View Post
    it aint hard

Lvl 3 - Bronze

So I haven't heard anything back from sony regarding my ban and I was wondering if I create a new account with a new email address what happens about my bank details and my ps plus subscription?
    I have a second account I use for 2 player co-op games and this account can play online even though my ps plus membership is linked to my banned account.If I create a new account will I need to sign up to ps plus again or is it linked to the actual PS4?

Banned

Well, I made my dummies' fake names in my other PS3s, then nothing happened to them for SCE suspends them. Everything's fine.

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by ThE_BiNmAn View Post
    So I haven't heard anything back from sony regarding my ban and I was wondering if I create a new account with a new email address what happens about my bank details and my ps plus subscription?
    I have a second account I use for 2 player co-op games and this account can play online even though my ps plus membership is linked to my banned account.If I create a new account will I need to sign up to ps plus again or is it linked to the actual PS4?
    Your bank details and PS+ subscription are bound to the account, not the console.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

worlds biggest welch fan

Aren't there two spots to put your name, one is for everyone to see and the other is your real name. on another story ---> Youtube tried to terminate my account, I got the shit fixed they said I violated a rule when I clearly did not, has this happened to anyone else in youtube land
    Sig By Me

Mirrors Edge Platinum

worlds biggest welch fan

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    it aint hard
    it's all on you ps360 show us your magic
    Last edited by nevetsteven2; 04-04-2015 at 03:03 AM.
    Sig By Me

Mirrors Edge Platinum

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper View Post
    lol I changed my name because I don't feel people should be able to view my real name from People You May Know...
    Uh, they can only see your real name if you have your Privacy Settings set as such to allow random people to see your Real Name. If you aren't sharing it, people won't see it. The settings are quite simple.

At TC/OP/whatever... you probably got caught because of the specific name you chose. Someone probably reported you for an offensive name, as Jack the Ripper isn't necessarily a nice fellow. Then of course, they threw the ToS book at you at the same time. It really sucks, but it's unlikely they'll lift the ban.

DELTA CUBES, DELTA CUBES!

Quote Originally Posted by AizawaYuuichi View Post
    Uh, they can only see your real name if you have your Privacy Settings set as such to allow random people to see your Real Name. If you aren't sharing it, people won't see it. The settings are quite simple.

At TC/OP/whatever... you probably got caught because of the specific name you chose. Someone probably reported you for an offensive name, as Jack the Ripper isn't necessarily a nice fellow. Then of course, they threw the ToS book at you at the same time. It really sucks, but it's unlikely they'll lift the ban.
    Not true. That is what is supposed to happen. However, I've had people tell me they saw my real name even though I had the appropriate privacy settings in place that they should not have. (Also, All 50 of the names that appear on the "Players you may know" list have full first and last names for me).

So I removed my last name and left an initial.
    Avy by DaRe_xLw

Forget I Was Ever Here

I would also give you an explanation to how your wrong but Ooga caught it first. We all wish it would work properly though

It is time for me to go underground

PRO Member

Sorry bud, but you are incorrect. The system is broken. Sniper knows my full name because a error on Sonys part. No telling how many in my friends list could see my name for the time until sniper brought it to my attention. I called sony because obviously I was pissed about my privacy being so loosely handled. Only explanation they could come up with is sniper must be a hacker and he hacked my account. I wish this was a joke, but it's not. Got some real "grade A" techs working at Sony.

As for OP, keep hassling them about it. Maybe they will give in and restore your account. Its doubtful, but who knows. I changed my "real name" to my first name and middle initial because of the issue I stated before. I'm not interested in turning my gaming console into a social media hub anyway.
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

PRO Member

why do they care so much of a real name so when they get hacked again more information can be leaked... Sony is a joke im tired of their bullshit a no refund policy even if you bought the wrong item.. now you spend and hand them money they say fuck you take all your money and then leave you with no items and how do they know a persons name is not real after 8 years why is this a problem now.. how about they go after real issues instead of this joke..

DELTA CUBES, DELTA CUBES!

no one gives refunds for digital purchases.

Be careful you buy the correct item before clicking purchase.

Pretty sure it says it on almost every item "no refunds"

Not sure how you can be pissed about that.
    Avy by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 10 - Platinum

My friend got banned by Microsoft/XBOX just by greeting somebody with hey sexy hows it goin' and yes this person was over 18 and she didn't even report him which is the scary part.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Good to know! So other people don't risk getting banned. I use my real name anyway.
    I am sure someone sent a grief report on your profile name and Sony decided to follow up on it. Bad luck with all the other hacks and mods going on out there! That is where the focus should be on bans in my opinion!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast