Yooka-Laylee - Old Rare is back.

This is a discussion on Yooka-Laylee - Old Rare is back. within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; the trailer above was made with only 3 months of work. Yooka-Laylee (get it? Ukelele?) is a game made by ...

INTJ

Yooka-Laylee - Old Rare is back.

the trailer above was made with only 3 months of work.

Yooka-Laylee (get it? Ukelele?) is a game made by the newly formed Playtonic Studios, which is 100% Ex-Rare Staff that most of them worked there since the DKC trilogy.

They Are planning to release this to all platforms (including PS4) since their stretch goal has been reached on kickstarter.

All the Classic Rare devs we care about are here. The Legendary Composers are here (David Wise, Grant Kirkhope), The Sound Effect creator for Banjo Kazooie is here (Steve Burke), The Lead Programmer for DKC & B&K and Voices of the Banjo Kazooie characters is here (Chris Sutherland), and so much more Ex-Rare Devs are here.

Some Video of Yooka-Laylee gameplay/devs:

Example Music from Grant Kirkhope and David Wise:

contribute to the kickstarter here (which reached the goal in 47 minutes) :
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ref=nav_search

(and incase your wondering, a new DK rap will be made for YL)

Negator

Maybe it only took 3 months to make the trailer because it's essentially just a re-skinned Banjo Kazooie?

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Fight the Future

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    Maybe it only took 3 months to make the trailer because it's essentially just a re-skinned Banjo Kazooie?
    You say that like it is a bad thing. I've wanted another Banjo-Kazooie for years, if the only way I can get it is a re-skinned version with another name, I'll still take it.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Mmmm Looks good. I heard the Kickstarter blew up almost as soon as they put it up with all the people wanting a real Banjo Kazookie game instead of that monstrosity that Rare previewed recently

Toggle Spoiler

Credit to DaRe_xLw for the Sig and Avi

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by General_Teddie View Post
    Mmmm Looks good. I heard the Kickstarter blew up almost as soon as they put it up with all the people wanting a real Banjo Kazookie game instead of that monstrosity that Rare previewed recently
    The monstrosity was only a tech demo that wasn't made by rare.

Rare is making a game that will be unveiled at E3 by the mind behind Viva Pinata. Viva Pinata is one of my favorite games last gen so woo