Will PS4 ever fix the trophy updating delay!?

This is a discussion on Will PS4 ever fix the trophy updating delay!? within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; This is one of the most annoying little things I have with the PS4 still and that is why in ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Will PS4 ever fix the trophy updating delay!?

This is one of the most annoying little things I have with the PS4 still and that is why in this generation trophies take so long to update on your profile?

For example: today I was getting worried as I earned a trophy which would take me to 2710 but I was sitting at 2709 for like 5 minutes. I clicked on my profile and went off it then it finally appeared.

It's also bad that in the actual trophy lists you have to click on it when you earn a new trophy for it to manually update first.

PS3 wasn't that bad. Surely by now we should have auto update.

Also something I would like to see return to trophies on PS4 is last 8 trophies by their images which could be displayed in the space underneath your trophy count. Would be nice little feature to have the images not so tucked away inside the lists anymore.

Sorry that is just me sharing my annoyance and also happens to be my first post on this site in months...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I agree, the trophy updating on PS4 is really annoying at times.

Whenever I sync my trophies, I click on the trophy list scroll to the trophy image which usually takes a sec to appear then go back to my profile and see if it updated my recent activities and if not then I have to hit triangle to refresh my activities and make the trophy appear. If I don't do that then it'll take forever to update and I'll be waiting like you did lol

What also sucks is you can only see your trophies if your online. Yay me.

IF YOU NEED TROPHY HELP JUST ASK ME. DO NOT SEND A BLANK FRIEND REQUEST

The Bushiest Pig

I haven't had a problem since I talked to Sony. They told me some ports I needed to get opened by my internet provider (Comcast). I called them with the ports that Sony yold me to get opened, my internet provider opened them and ever since I have not a single problem with my PS4 syncing, loading, or staying connected.
    1st Place - VITA Trophy Guide of the Year, 2012 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

2nd Place - CB Personality of the Year, 2011

2nd Place - DLC Trophy Guide of the Year, 2011 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

I presumed they updated automatically?
    Seems there a lot of things I don't know 'bout the PS4...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    I presumed they updated automatically?
    Seems there a lot of things I don't know 'bout the PS4...
    The only way they automatically update is when you load up a game it will sync your trophies. To avoid that simply sign out, load up game then sign back in and your trophies won't be updated. Same goes with PS3

IF YOU NEED TROPHY HELP JUST ASK ME. DO NOT SEND A BLANK FRIEND REQUEST

Lvl 3 - Bronze

With this delay, I missed my 5000th trophy. But thanks to other sites and statistics I saw it's one of the Witcher 3 trophies

Cops vs Robbers Rangers??

at least they gave us the option to erase 0% games off our lists but only on the ps4 if you still use your ps3 you have to see them even tho you erased them off your list

Lvl 6 - Silver

I've never had a problem with syncing on my PS3 or PS4. I update my trophies and they're there immediately. I also have Comcast so my ports must be open already thanks to someone else calling. Or maybe they opened the posts when I spoke about my data usage and what plan would be best. I mentioned I was gamer then.

Negator

You could forward the necessary ports, or just DMZ your PS4 and have it handle it for you...

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by emosgirl View Post
    I've never had a problem with syncing on my PS3 or PS4. I update my trophies and they're there immediately. I also have Comcast so my ports must be open already thanks to someone else calling. Or maybe they opened the posts when I spoke about my data usage and what plan would be best. I mentioned I was gamer then.
    Internet providers don't do port-forwarding automatically or out of the blue. They wouldn't know what ports to enable in the first place, for even if you told them you're a gamer they won't magically guess what consoles you use, let alone what ports should be opened nor for what specific purposes.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by supersonicjc View Post
    at least they gave us the option to erase 0% games off our lists but only on the ps4 if you still use your ps3 you have to see them even tho you erased them off your list
    Actually, you can delete PS3 games at 0% as well, you just have to do it from your PS4.

Cops vs Robbers Rangers??

Quote Originally Posted by xwingrlj View Post
    Actually, you can delete PS3 games at 0% as well, you just have to do it from your PS4.
    true but they still show up on the ps3 even if you delete them, also just cause your a gamer doesn't mean the internet providers know your ports you need or what systems you use, my provider cant figure out how to fix my issues with older ass creed MP connectivity issues still

Lvl 9 - Gold

to see your trophies on your profile straight away just push the options button (after entering your trophies) then sync trophies to server..... for some reason syncing your trophies to the ps4 is not the same as uploading to your profile.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by supersonicjc View Post
    true but they still show up on the ps3 even if you delete them, also just cause your a gamer doesn't mean the internet providers know your ports you need or what systems you use, my provider cant figure out how to fix my issues with older ass creed MP connectivity issues still
    Don't forget Ubisoft serves are a gigantic piece of turd (like EA Sports game servers), so it's most likely one of those cases where you can't really blame your provider lol.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.