Horror games

This is a discussion on Horror games within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hey guys I'm looking for some good horror games and zombie games for PS4, and I'd love to hear your ...

PRO Member

Horror games

Hey guys

I'm looking for some good horror games and zombie games for PS4, and I'd love to hear your opinions from the games you've played. I came across Gamespots' list, but I don't feel their list is dependable enough for a purchase; http://www.gamespot.com/theme/horror/ps4/.

I.e. The Evil Within looks cool, but I bet it will eventually become boring when you realize you're missing the weapons..?

And by "good" games, I enjoy games such as Dead Nation and ZombiU (for Wii though).

Lvl 3 - Bronze

The evil withing a freaking masterpiece, the best horror game probably of the las couples of years, if you want a good horror game you should go to PC and play the Alone in the Dark series.

PRO Member

Cool, thanks for the quick feedback! I've been so unsure about Evil Within because of the lack of weapons, even though it looks scary as shit.

PRO Member

I actually came across a thread that basically answers my questions; Zombi Coming to PS4

Zombi (from ZombiU) will be released for PS4 as well!

More suggestions are still wanted though

Lvl 7 - Gold

The horror library on the PS4 is a bit light right now but there's some cool-looking stuff on the way.

Until Dawn comes out this month and it seems to have a lot of potential. The Hum: Abductions looks like another slow-burn type of game that relies on atmosphere over jump-scares, kind of like P.T. did. Allison Road is (I think) also coming to the PS4 at some point and it looks pretty sweet as well.

For now, the RE remaster and Evil Within are good enough I guess but, one of them is 10 years old -and it shows- while the other is good but you have to be a certain type of horror fan to truly appreciate it. Alien: Isolation starts off great but eventually got to be a little too repetitive and frustrating for my taste. It's also starts to feel excruciatingly long after a while. Haven't tried Dying Light yet but definitely intend to at some point. Finally, Binding of Isaac is for sure a dark game, and a great game but I'm not sure I'd classify it as horror.

Oh yeah, Vanishing of Ethan Carter is pretty good but again, it's not really true horror. More supernatural thriller than straight horror.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

I'm going to give you a list of titles from the horror genre of games.

Alien Isolation has some great moments but they are few and far between.

Outlast Awesome game with plenty of unexpected moments highly recommended to play in the dark with a headset or surround sound.

Dying Light kinda boring during the daytime but totally amped up at night time great if you like parkour.

Zombie Army Trilogy haven't played it but looks pretty decent.

Slender The Arrival haven't played it either but has that creepy vibe.

Negator

Definitely try Outlast.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 5 - Silver

Dying light and the evil wihin looks awesome and both had high review scores, didn't play any of them yet
    *Info Bar: Boosting : / Latest: Assassin`s Creed: Syndicate

PRO Member

Outlast, Daylight, Evil Within, Resident Evil Revelations 2

PRO Member

they need to make a new clock tower or project zero with the ps4 graphics engine those games would frighten those that get frightened of horrors as much as I enjoy them movies and games their yet to make me even jump.