Choose the Best Game Out of The Collection

This is a discussion on Choose the Best Game Out of The Collection within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I've been making a personal list of games that I would like to purchase, though I only have $100 in ...

Deathless Destroyer

Choose the Best Game Out of The Collection

I've been making a personal list of games that I would like to purchase, though I only have $100 in my wallet which is enough for only one game at the moment (stupid Australian prices). I might wait until the prices drop a bit so that I may buy 2-3 of them for the same price. Which of the games out of this list do you think is best to worst (with 1 = best, 5 = worst)?

Mad Max
    Until Dawn
    Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
    Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (releasing October)
    SOMA (releasing soon)

Also, is The Order: 1886 worth getting at all sometime when the price drops to $20 or something? Apparently it's an average game but I'm interested in it.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Mad Max has got mixed reviews,some say its good,others say its repetitive.
    Until dawn looks really good but its short and requires several playthroughs.
    Mgs v is very repetitive and soon becomes a chore,I know this as I am currently playing it and its not the game I hoped it would be.
    Don't know about Soma.It looks good but I don't know enough about it.
    Uncharted collection is probably your best bet although remakes should not,in my opinion,take president over new games(IP's) in this case it does.
    I'd go for Uncharted collection if I were you.

I just wanna be rich enough to have Morgan Freeman read me bedtime stories.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

P.s. the Order is a gorgeous looking game but its ridiculously short so I'd wait for a serious price drop

I just wanna be rich enough to have Morgan Freeman read me bedtime stories.

Legalize it...

Since you can only get 1 game I would go with the Uncharted Collection because its 3 games and theyre all amazing. Out of the others listed, Ive only played The Order and Until Dawn. Both are great games and look amazing, but theyre short. I rented them both from Redbox, got the plats and returned them the same day. I just played Until Dawn the other day and it took about 12 hours. The Order was a few months ago and it took about 6 hours if I remember right. So if you want to get those wait until they are $20 or lower. Unless you have a Redbox type thing over there and you can rent them for $3 a day...

Lvl 5 - Silver

I would recommend MGS unless if you didn't play any of the previous installments because it won't make since for you at the beginning and in this case the drake's collection is the best choice ( 3 magnificent games with replay value and a beta for the upcoming game plus you'll be ready to jump in the fourth uncharted game in the future ). MadMax also looks great but i didn't play it to be honest
    *Info Bar: Boosting : / Latest: Assassin`s Creed: Syndicate

Negator

I'd personally go with Mad Max or the Uncharted Collection.

1886 is a rental...or better yet, just buy it from GameStop (used) and return it within the 10 day grace period for a full refund.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Kiwi Defender

Why not choose for yourself? I mean, none of us know what you like better than you do lol.

That said, judging from your avatar, you're an Uncharted zealot, so I'd suppose you're better off buying the collection so you can climb your way through all those environments in silky smooth 60FPS and 1080p.

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    I'd personally go with Mad Max or the Uncharted Collection.

1886 is a rental...or better yet, just buy it from GameStop (used) and return it within the 10 day grace period for a full refund.
    Are there even GameStops in Australia?

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Are there even GameStops in Australia?
    Yep. It's called EB Games here, but they're local franchises of the global GameStop brand.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

A tough list to choose from, I'd go Metal Gear or Uncharted Collection in terms of value for money. You'll get some healthy hours out of either.

The Order is dull, and despite looking spectacular and having a relatively easy Plat, I couldn't bring myself to play it a second time and barely made it through the first playthrough. Luckily I borrowed it, I'd recommend you do the same if you are truly curious about it.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

The Uncharted games are great fun and probably the best value. Having just got the platinum trophy for The Order 1886, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Yes it is short but it is not bloated by relentless collectibles which become a grind. It is cut scene heavy but I thought they progressed the story well. Do you have ebay in Australia, you might get it second hand for a reasonable price, or rent it if you can.

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Yep. It's called EB Games here, but they're local franchises of the global GameStop brand.
    Oh the days of Electronics Boutique and Babbages.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Deathless Destroyer

Thanks! I'm thinking that I will buy Uncharted and MGSV as soon as possible, and get Until Dawn and The Order: 1886 when the price drops further.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel