Mgs V opinions and thoughts

This is a discussion on Mgs V opinions and thoughts within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So what do you think to Mgs V? I think it's really repetitive and its just copy n paste missions ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Mgs V opinions and thoughts

So what do you think to Mgs V? I think it's really repetitive and its just copy n paste missions without any real variation. It's not the game I hoped it would be.
    I can't wait for MGO to release on 6th October,I'm struggling to maintain any interest in the single player campaign.
    What's your thoughts?

I just wanna be rich enough to have Morgan Freeman read me bedtime stories.

INTJ

amazing gameplay. the game is a standard on how open world games should be played movement wise.

konami fuckery apparently ruined the story as one of the missions that finish a story arc arn't even there and instead are in the collectors edition disc. There is supposed to be more story content but it was cut (people found a chapter 3 title called "peace" for example.)

not to mention alot of the story is put among cassettes which explain alot of MGS Plot holes being tied up.

tl;dr amazing game, but if your a mgs story person then expect to get disappointed as nothing really gets wrapped up due to time constraints.

though if you think about it and be a pretentious artsy idiot you can say the incomplete story is another re-occuring theme in a game about losing things you wanted (a PHANTOM PAIN HUEHEUHEUHUEEUHEU).

Kiwi Defender

Game of the year. Honestly not much else to say outside of that.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Anytime someone trots out ''repetitive'' as a criticism of The Phantom Pain, I can only think is how unimaginative that person must be in their approach to the game.

The game has its flaws, but they are of barely any consequence when viewed next to all the great things it does right. It'll be hard-pushed to be beaten this year.

PRO Member

I thought it was good and entertaining, simple as that, even though a lot of people (literally) cry over the ending and how some of the missions are repeated. It's funny how people aren't greatful for the game itself and how well it's made, but they tend to get mad over a few repetitive missions with a twist (extreme / stealth / subsistence). I guess it's because they can't handle a few "difficult" missions and need everything delivered on a silver platter... (shots fired)

Lvl 1 - Bronze

It's just not the game I wanted it to be.Its not a patch on MGS4.
    Its good that they've cut the ridiculously long cinematics,but its basically just mission after mission of the same old shit!
    Rescue A,steal weapon Z,take out target X and so on.
    And while there are (sometimes)multilple paths in and out of bases or different ways to complete missions its still basically the same mission copy and pasted.
    U get dropped off by helicopter, ride or drive to objective,complete objective and then escape via helicopter/Jeep/horse.
    It's a very pretty game and the mechanics are really good but its just sooooooo repetitive and I get bored sooooo quickly.
    Roll on 6th October for MGO.If its as good as MGO2 then I'll be happy.If its shit then MGSV will be traded.

I just wanna be rich enough to have Morgan Freeman read me bedtime stories.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilentSmirk View Post
    It's just not the game I wanted it to be.Its not a patch on MGS4.
    Its good that they've cut the ridiculously long cinematics,but its basically just mission after mission of the same old shit!
    Rescue A,steal weapon Z,take out target X and so on.
    And while there are (sometimes)multilple paths in and out of bases or different ways to complete missions its still basically the same mission copy and pasted.
    U get dropped off by helicopter, ride or drive to objective,complete objective and then escape via helicopter/Jeep/horse.
    It's a very pretty game and the mechanics are really good but its just sooooooo repetitive and I get bored sooooo quickly.
    Roll on 6th October for MGO.If its as good as MGO2 then I'll be happy.If its shit then MGSV will be traded.
    A patch on MGS4? Why in (outer) heaven would yo even expect that? Not only has there been no content from Kojima remotely related to anything post-Guns of the Patriots (remember Kojima's involvment with MGR is pretty much non-existent), but the whole thing was always shown, promised (and delivered) as Peace Walker 2.0, which was even more apparent once Ground Zeroes was released.

They're not the most different missions, but it's pretty much the same as playing any other MGS, except you aren't forced like in previous ways and can do more shit. Now you're not just sneaking your way through a bloody fortress all over again and, if anything, it feels like a less-linear experience of the first two acts of Guns of the Patriots.

If you get bored soooooooo quickly and think it's soooooooo repetitive, I'm surprised you're even a fan of other MGS games at all (then again, you sound like someone who only played MGS4).

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Sorry to revive a thread that's 4 weeks old, but I wanted to say a few words. **SPOILERS**

MGSV has interesting gameplay. I decided not to watch gameplay demos and trailers for a year before release. In turn, I was surprised with the amount of details and options available to the player.

The story, on the other hand, is the worst in the series. And no, the ending is the least of it's problems. And no, this isn't on Konami. While the cut mission is on Konami and them rushing the project, the rest of it is on Kojima.

The story is HORRIBLY paced. A lot of the missions you play through have nothing to do with the actual story, other than someone in the mission knowing someone who knows someone who knows something about Cypher. Then you get to Chapter 2 and it gets worse. There are 8 filler, repeat missions.

Character development is piss poor. Ocelot, one of the most intetesting character in the series, is reduced to an encyclopedia. Venom being so silent makes no sense. Neither from the story perspective nor from the meta narrative perspective. You can't be a character you feel no connection to.
    Liquid is there for the sake of it.

The ending tried doing something great, and it somewhat did. I appreciate what it did, but it happened at the expense of BB's character. A man that lives for war and protecting soldiers from being used as tools and discarted, leaves soldiers to be used and discarted....and leaves to create a nation where soldiers won't be used and discarted. The meta narrative is showed in for the sake of a simple message, destroying decades of character development.

The story itself leads nowhere. It should have been a side story, not a story about the most important part of BB's life.

Great gameplay, horrible story.