SATA III Male to Female Extension Cable

This is a discussion on SATA III Male to Female Extension Cable within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; To be more clear im adding a 3.5" 6TB HDD to my PS4 by using an enclosure to help avoid ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

SATA III Male to Female Extension Cable

To be more clear im adding a 3.5" 6TB HDD to my PS4 by using an enclosure to help avoid any issues..

Im looking for a male to female SATA III extension cable but cant see to find any.. ALL I find is SATA II 3Gbs...

Im currently working on adding a 6TB 3.5" HDD to my Playstation 4.. I've got a couple of enclosures which I pulled the HDD out years ago as it was such a pain coping from PC to USB to External HDD so now I just stream stuff directly from my PC and still left over with a nice little USB 3.0 adapter.. It's kind of like having a massive USB / lol (not that I really use it but still nie to have)

Anyway im currently in the middle of building so to speak a HDD enclosure, by build I mean im mixing parts from 2 enclosures, using the power switch on one.. drilling holes through the top of the plastic enclosure to hopefully vent some hot air (Or I might leave it as is and just lift it off when I play my PS4 then put it back on once im done to prevent as must dust build up as possible..

I also need to figure out what im going to do about the circuit board which is powered by an AC wall adapter as im pretty sure the shock might be a little more painful than just zap from touching the RAM in your PC while its running lol..

So can I get a SATA III Male to Female extension cable??

All I can find are ones that support 3Gbs but I really want a 6Gbs for best performance...

Im not even sure if PS4 supports the speeds on SATA III but I'd rather be safe than sorry, I'll gladly pay extra for a SATA III unless someone can confirm or show me some proof that PS$ does in fact NOT support SATA III so buying another other than SATA II is just a complete waste of money as it wont make a difference whats so ever... ever!
    Last edited by DK-maTTy; 10-03-2015 at 02:37 AM.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by DK-maTTy View Post
    To be more clear im adding a 3.5" 6TB HDD to my PS4 by using an enclosure to help avoid any issues..Im looking for a male to female SATA III extension cable but cant see to find any.. ALL I find is SATA II 3Gbs...Im currently working on adding a 6TB 3.5" HDD to my Playstation 4.. I've got a couple of enclosures which I pulled the HDD out years ago as it was such a pain coping from PC to USB to External HDD so now I just stream stuff directly from my PC and still left over with a nice little USB 3.0 adapter.. It's kind of like having a massive USB / lol (not that I really use it but still nie to have)Anyway im currently in the middle of building so to speak a HDD enclosure, by build I mean im mixing parts from 2 enclosures, using the power switch on one.. drilling holes through the top of the plastic enclosure to hopefully vent some hot air (Or I might leave it as is and just lift it off when I play my PS4 then put it back on once im done to prevent as must dust build up as possible..I also need to figure out what im going to do about the circuit board which is powered by an AC wall adapter as im pretty sure the shock might be a little more painful than just zap from touching the RAM in your PC while its running lol..So can I get a SATA III Male to Female extension cable??All I can find are ones that support 3Gbs but I really want a 6Gbs for best performance...Im not even sure if PS4 supports the speeds on SATA III but I'd rather be safe than sorry, I'll gladly pay extra for a SATA III unless someone can confirm or show me some proof that PS$ does in fact NOT support SATA III so buying another other than SATA II is just a complete waste of money as it wont make a difference whats so ever... ever!
    I don't know if this will help or not:http://www.amazon.com/LK-13526-7-pin-internal-Female-Extension/dp/B003WFBFZY/ref=pd_sim_147_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0KC28HHZDXH934YC5EVC&dpID=51H8uJ99OfL&dpSrc=sims &preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160

BTW I am using 6TB DATABANK from Nyko I still use it just I got some issue but I mange. For example I can't play disc games only Digital download works.

Negator

PS4 is SATA-II, but using SATA-III will be fine but it will only transfer at 3Gbps.

As for your 6Tb HDD, I'm not sure if proper support is available yet for drives over 4Tb.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by H--as--H View Post
    I don't know if this will help or not:http://www.amazon.com/LK-13526-7-pin-internal-Female-Extension/dp/B003WFBFZY/ref=pd_sim_147_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0KC28HHZDXH934YC5EVC&dpID=51H8uJ99OfL&dpSrc=sims &preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160

BTW I am using 6TB DATABANK from Nyko I still use it just I got some issue but I mange. For example I can't play disc games only Digital download works.
    I ended up buying a SATA III cable just for the hell of it, it only cost me $17 and gives me piece of mind knowing I have a decent brand rather than a cheap Chinese cable:

Delock Cable Sata Extension 100cm ST BU 82856 | eBay

Your unable to play disc based games?? So what do you do?? I wont be rushing into a 6TB, im just gathering everything I need so I can trial and error some different setups like enclosures and put some time into maybe painting it, addding some Playstation stickers and just trying to make it look nice and part of my setup so it's not an eye sore..