Question regarding purchase of FF XIV on PS4

This is a discussion on Question regarding purchase of FF XIV on PS4 within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Before I get ahead of myself and attempt to buy FF XIV: Heavensward Edition digital -- Is it possible to ...

Lvl 5 - Silver

Question regarding purchase of FF XIV on PS4

Before I get ahead of myself and attempt to buy FF XIV: Heavensward Edition digital -- Is it possible to cross-account this game? As in buy it on the Lady's account, on her PS4, then download it and play/have all same features on my account/system. I know with Elder Scrolls Online, I missed out on some items/features that her account got that were system locked. Just wanted to know, because FFXV has gotten me all hot n bothered to play some good ol' FF in the meantime. I only ask because I know Square can be pretty finicky about who gets content etc.

Fight Off Your Demons

Nope, won't work. You have to buy the game for each PSN you want to play on separately.

you can always share SE accounts and use the same PSN for one sub and have separate characters, but you won't be able to play together

Lvl 5 - Silver

Well, damn. Thank you. Guess she'll be getting Heavensward and I'll be getting base game only, for now... lol. Meh. I kind of figured as much.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Okay, another question! For "beginners" is it even worth getting the Heavensward version to begin with? Is it all strictly end game content or does it offer newbie stuff as well..? We might just get base game then go from there, UNLESS there is super reason to both get the full edition. The plan is to just each get base game then update to Heavensward if it seems worth it.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by SoS-kryyptyyk View Post
    Okay, another question! For "beginners" is it even worth getting the Heavensward version to begin with? Is it all strictly end game content or does it offer newbie stuff as well..? We might just get base game then go from there, UNLESS there is super reason to both get the full edition. The plan is to just each get base game then update to Heavensward if it seems worth it.
    As far as I know it's all end-game content, so you won't be able to do jack in it until you're done with the Main Scenario. Also, take into consideration this is an MMO (and a rather flawed one at that), and unless you've played FFXI it's not really something that'll make you feel 'at home' like previous FFs would have. I advice you to buy the vanilla game and make use of those 30 days that come with it. If you do enjoy it, then buy Heavensward.

Anyway, I'll ask someone I know whether it is or not end-game content only so as to avoid lying to you. I'll edit this post when I get a reply lol.

EDIT: Yeap, it's end-game content, to the point you must finish everything up to everything they added until 2.5, which includes all the content that continues after you finish the vanilla game scenario.
    Last edited by Nagflar; 04-05-2016 at 08:25 PM.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Ah, okay thanks Nagflar! That'll save some time. Will keep this in mind.