How long can you leave you Ps4 on?

This is a discussion on How long can you leave you Ps4 on? within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I was wondering how long you can leave your Ps4 on, I am doing the Project Cars 24hr race trophy ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

How long can you leave you Ps4 on?

I was wondering how long you can leave your Ps4 on, I am doing the Project Cars 24hr race trophy right now, and am letting the AI race the entire race pretty much with me doing a few laps every now and then. Just wondering if I should put my PS4 into rest mode after let's says 12 hours.

Yes the Ps4 is in a very well ventilated area, and I have it sitting up on bottle caps to allow for some cool air to pass the bottom of the console as well.

Thank Y'all in advance
    Currently working on getting the Platinum's:
    -Far Cry 3
    -Ridge Racer: Unbounded (Looking for boosting partners for the 8 player online trophies. If interested contact me. PSN: NASCARfan247)

Lvl 10 - Platinum

I've had mine on for over a week because I went on a vacation and accidently left it on.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Well that pretty much answers my question haha
    Thanks bud
    Currently working on getting the Platinum's:
    -Far Cry 3
    -Ridge Racer: Unbounded (Looking for boosting partners for the 8 player online trophies. If interested contact me. PSN: NASCARfan247)

Forget I Was Ever Here

i've done the lemans multiple times real time no issue... i will tell you though to try not switching out back between you and the ai driving because multiple occasions after doing the switch as the car is going down put lane to reach the track it'll drive into the wall a dq you

It is time for me to go underground

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I suppose it depends on the average temp of your house first of all, say if you live in the tropics, then I'd suggest no.

It also depends if your PS4 is surrounded by other equipment that give off heat, or is in a un ventilated cabinet.

Bottle tops might stop a 'Heat-pad' like thermo coupling to whatever you have it standing on [well a darn sight better than just those little fitted plastic feet], but unless some decent air flow can get underneath the PS4, it will still get pretty toasty if left on for a hour or more.

I use vibrapod cones, to sit my PS4 on, it both raises it up around 3 cm, which is great for airflow, and they also stop any noise from the disc spinning on the PS4, and and vibrations from my surround sound causing the disc reader & internal HD to mistrack, which cuts down on game freezes.

You can find them, or similar on Ebay, worth getting IMHO