God of War 4 rant

This is a discussion on God of War 4 rant within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; "it's not a game script, its a script!" -Dev...

INTJ

God of War 4 rant

"it's not a game script, its a script!"
    -Dev

Kiwi Defender

Can we actually call it God of War 4, though? I mean, I've no doubt that's Kratos and I hope it's set after 3, but we have no fucking clue if it really fits into the whole God of War saga like the others lol.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 5 - Silver

I think its a good move at least to grab more audience to the series, probably what we saw is just the first hours of the game and later on Kratos is going back to what he's best at
    *Info Bar: Boosting : / Latest: Assassin`s Creed: Syndicate

Lvl 9 - Gold

no, so far its not a true gow... but im still hoping for the best

Lord of all Goat-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Can we actually call it God of War 4, though? I mean, I've no doubt that's Kratos and I hope it's set after 3, but we have no fucking clue if it really fits into the whole God of War saga like the others lol.
    They already said who it is, when its set, and how it fits into the saga. Pay attention, fgt

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    They already said who it is, when its set, and how it fits into the saga. Pay attention, fgt
    Fuck your face Fausto. I don't go around reading gaming news all day long.

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Forget I Was Ever Here

Let's be kind everyone so there isn't any infractions given out.

It is time for me to go underground

Lvl 6 - Silver

Okay, so I'm not big on the whole, giving Kratos a deeper narrative idea. Kratos is a highly aggressive, perpetually angry guy who will find a way to kill someone, even when that should be impossible. He can kill powerful heroes, monsters, magical constructs, the gods, titans and even a primordial deity, like Thanatos. I'm not opposed to them trying out a more mellowed out Kratos, after the events of the previous games, where he's killed all the gods, that were in his way. But I do disagree with some decisions on this new GoW.

I do feel they're going for too much of a Last of Us vibe. I've only played some of that game, but I didn't look at that game and think GoW would work well in that kind of narrative. Just like a telltale God of War game, would be a bad idea, as it goes against the type of game it is. If they zoom out the camera during combat segments, and a bit more, outside of combat. I think that could eliminate some of the frustration I imagine the camera could cause.

The blades of chaos absence is troubling for me, those weapons are a staple of the franchise. Now it could be, that they ARE in the game, Kratos is just able to actually remove them now. Or we get later on, as a new weapon, like how they've been replaced before, like the original blades of chaos, got swapped for the blades of Athena. But if they are actually gone for good, then What The Actual Fuck?

Kratos has a son: I'm not utterly opposed to the idea. Like Kratos has lost his original family, he's lost his Spartan brothers, he must be desperately lonely. So it makes sense, he could have taken a wife and fathered a kid, outside of Greece. Or he adopted the little tyke, and has been teaching him, how to survive, while Kratos lives out, in exile, away from Greece.

Norse Gods: It seems we've got Norse gods, and that rocks! Norse mythology is full of awesome gods, monsters and creatures that Kratos can fight. Like the Giants! Or the Norse Pantheon, Loki and his children. The Dwarves, elves etc. I already like the new enemy designs, so I approve of this change. I mean, who was left on the Greek pantheon, for Kratos to kill? Athena? Morpheus? He already killed Zeus, the biggest and baddest god around and butchered the rest of the Greek deities.

In conclusion, some of this stuff looks cool, and other stuff is questionable. I hold out hope, for the next God of War. As I go and tackle God of War III.

Awesome Sig by TheGeneral09
    My Awesome Checklist

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I'm still gonna buy and play it. So yea......

iwasbornintheusa

I love charlie cade and the videos he puts out. Him and Hyperbithero got me into the DMC series with their in-detail views and opinions about the games. This is defintely a great video too. It really does tackle why the new gow isn't a good idea. Narrative wise, I don't mind the new setting. It looks like it'll be an interesting story. I'm glad they went for a continuation of the story rather than rebooting the entire series because in GOW3, everything is literally dead, so it would just be lazy for the dev team to make an origin story and ignore the backstory of kratos. Gameplay wise, this looks boring as shit. The gameplay is supposed to carry the game, not the story about some angry individual who engages in tomfoolery.

As much as I enjoyed the story of the past 3 games and 2 psp games (I'm ignoring ascension because no one remembers that game + I never played it) I don't feel like playing it or buying it by looking at the gameplay. If the gameplay isn't good,I won't buy it because I can always just look up the story on youtube and then call it a day. It's a god of war game. I want to fuck shit up in a fast and satisfying way.

Thank you to DaRe_xLw for the signature

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Thelostreploid View Post
    As much as I enjoyed the story of the past 3 games and 2 psp games (I'm ignoring ascension because no one remembers that game + I never played it) I don't feel like playing it or buying it by looking at the gameplay. If the gameplay isn't good,I won't buy it because I can always just look up the story on youtube and then call it a day. It's a god of war game. I want to fuck shit up in a fast and satisfying way.
    I enjoyed Ascension and will buy the new one as well because I like Kratos as a character.

Lord of all Goat-Men

Fuck your face Fausto. I don't go around reading gaming news all day long.
    If it takes you all day to read a paragraph then really that says more about you than it does me.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    If it takes you all day to read a paragraph then really that says more about you than it does me.
    I'd have to look the paragraph up first, and nobody's got time for that.

Toggle Spoiler

Breakfast and Chill

I'd have to look the paragraph up first, and nobody's got time for that.
    Yeah, it's not like there's a group of staff members devoted to posting gaming news.