Need some light on how yo fix this issue

This is a discussion on Need some light on how yo fix this issue within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I used to be a regular member on this site and now I've bwen back. I would like some help ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Need some light on how yo fix this issue

I used to be a regular member on this site and now I've bwen back. I would like some help regarding psn sign on my ps4. I haven't really connected my psn online in a long time and now I've decided to and updated the system but it gives me a "cannot sign in using another user" I've tried everything but can't figure it out and I don't wanna lose all my trophies and make another account :/

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Do you mean sign into your PS4? If so just use the same username and password and it should log you into your profile.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Thing is that since I've haven't used my psn I had kind of forgotten it but I managed to remember it last time I signed online which was like 7 months ago then I never used it but decided to use it again yesterday. So I updated the system then when I tried logging in the ps4 apparently remmembered my email but I couldn't remember the password.

So I clicked on forgot password and it asked me for my email so it could reset. I put the same one that the console remembered but it says it's not valid. So I tried another email (I mostly use) and it worked. So I went through the reset password process with success and tried logging on again. This time it worked and it set me up for another fill out info for the profile then it stopped because it gives me the same error" can't sign in with another user id" this is getting me fustrated

Negator

I don't have a PS4, but there's several suggestions in this thread that a few people found useful.

Solved: PS4 - " Cannot sign in using another player's sign... - PlayStation® Forums

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 6 - Silver

I've createn another user on the ps4 so I could log in. It logs in but it seems to have made a new psn, no game history nor trophies. My psn is on this sites profile and that's the one I want to recover

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by AJL_LEYJA View Post
    I've createn another user on the ps4 so I could log in. It logs in but it seems to have made a new psn, no game history nor trophies. My psn is on this sites profile and that's the one I want to recover
    The new user account wont have any associated email address, and thus wont have a PSN ID linked with it (nor trophies etc).

If all else fails, go to your primary account and make sure you back up all your save data either to the cloud or on a USB drive and then delete your user accounts and proceed to remake them. If that doesn't work, then try resetting the console to factory default settings and start from scratch by creating your account again and signing in with your email address and password.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 6 - Silver

Will give it a shot hopefully it works so I can resume playing and trophy hunting

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by AJL_LEYJA View Post
    Will give it a shot hopefully it works so I can resume playing and trophy hunting
    If that doesn't work try contacting Sony's costumer support. They probably have an idea of what's going on, as well as a 'fix'.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Will do as soon as I have time. To make everything short I updated the system and tried logging in but I couldn't remember my email or password so I tried the forgot password option. I typed one email address but it said it was invalid so I tried another email and it worked. I went through the whole reset your password process and verified the email and everything seemed to work fine until I got the same error "cannot sign in using another user id " so I created another user on my ps4 and signed in to psn. However this time is not the same psn I had it seems it created a new one :/
    Anybody has the number for Sony customer support?

Venire, Videre, Vince

PSN Password Prompts

Have you tried this already?

You can also try using Chat if you answer no to first question. (I don't know if waiting on the phone for 45 mins is better than chat, since I have not used either before.)