PS4 4.50 System Software Update

This is a discussion on PS4 4.50 System Software Update within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Okay, so... I am digging the new features and clarity of the update, but... one glaring bit of bullsh*t. THE ...

Lvl 5 - Silver

PS4 4.50 System Software Update

Okay, so... I am digging the new features and clarity of the update, but... one glaring bit of bullsh*t. THE GODDAMN notifications screen/menu is f'n atrocious now. Completely cluttered and UNmanageable. Is there some petition or way to tell SONY to revert it to how it used to be? Can't clear all old game invites/party invites - nothing. Just inept of them, I have no idea why they thought people wanted THAT. Why they would mash all the sub-categories into one lump of garbage makes no sense at all. Especially with my severe OCD... =\

------------
    I'm definitely not alone in this:
    http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2017/...re_update_4_50

Negator

I guess I haven't been bothered by this because I never get notifications.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Kiwi Defender

Ah yeah, I noticed the same. It's hideous, but not enough of a problem to be an issue.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

PRO Member

I agree about the notifications. They really do suck now. However, the ability to plug in an external hard drive that you can install games to and play from more than makes up for this mistake. I can finally stop deleting games I'm not done with in order to diwnload an update.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Indeed; literally everything else about the update is great. Just not sure who it was who told Sony that people wanted cluttered notifications menus... They said it was based on input from players, soooo, who exactly were the ones who put up enough of a fuss that the old notifications system wasn't good enough already? Just befuddles my mind, that's all. Otherwise, perfect update! Gotta love those sick Andromeda space pics as background image! Weeeee