Server Closure

This is a discussion on Server Closure within the Ghostbusters: The Video Game forum, part of the G; Thought I'd better post a thread here to inform anyone who's looking to play/boost the online trophies in Ghostbusters, since ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Server Closure

Thought I'd better post a thread here to inform anyone who's looking to play/boost the online trophies in Ghostbusters, since I haven't seen any other notification on this site - the PS3 online servers have been closed down. It's still up and running on the 360, but Ghostbusters on PS3 is now limited to single-player, sadly. So if any of you were looking to work on the online trophies, then I'm afraid you're too late.

I got the platinum nearly 2 years ago, but I'm still disappointed at news of the closure, as I still played it online from time to time, and was even gearing up to help a couple of friends with the trophies. If there had been advance warning of the shutdown, we (and you guys) could have had time to do at least some of the work... but the closure seemingly happened more or less out of the blue. The servers were temperamental even at the best of times, requiring you to wait 5 or more minutes between matches so your stats could update, and often failing to connect people in the same game, and since the online has been quiet for some time anyway, Atari obviously decided to just pull the plug and save themselves the trouble of maintaining it.

It's always sad when a good game suffers like this, particularly when there's little to no advance notification from the developers. Ghostbusters is a truly iconic franchise, and I'm sorry to see it experience this. If enough people bombard Atari with requests to reopen the servers (and I'll join in if a petition or somesuch is launched), then I guess it's possible that they'll consider reactivating them; but I won't hold my breath waiting for that to happen.

Prayer Warrior

it was only a matter of time i guess. would have been nice if they gave us a heads up for those still looking to obtain the plat but it is what it is.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Lvl 2 - Bronze

yeah I hate that 2

JINTRAy

You can only guess where I am...my mother's basement

Damn. That is horrible news, but like all games, it comes to an end with the online stuff Despite being laggy at time, that was one of my more favorable MP games. Bye bye GB

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |Sig by Smashguy | GDT bar by
    djunglist|
    |Avy - Daft Punk returns|

Thanks to GDT for hosting awesome competitions!

Legalize it...

Does this affect Sanctum of Slime?

Avy=DARE, Sig=Djung

Sanctum of Slime was separate from the video game if I am not mistaken but the online trophies needed for that are dead and hard to get any1 to play

^^^^^^^^^Made by BEAM^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Legalize it...

Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper View Post
    Sanctum of Slime was separate from the video game if I am not mistaken but the online trophies needed for that are dead and hard to get any1 to play
    Yea its a separate game but I didnt know if they were on the same server or somethin ya know. Me and a friend got it when it was on sale for $2.50 in October and never played it yet...

Hardcore!!!

f*ck . . . . . . and the online trophies were the only trophies I needed too (besides a couple single-player trophies).

Signature and Avatar done by apokolypz
    !~General Boosting and Blank General Friend Requests will be deleted. PERIOD.~!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Wish they would just patch it for split screen and LAN. Would do a great service to the gaming community.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Should of kept it open longer since it needed so many patches to begin with. Could have been my second or third platinum. Sad I quick n moved on to soon love the game n franchise

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Hopefully Atari considers to reactivate the server again..

The game is fun and above that it is worth the platinum!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

This is why I stick with single-player trophy lists only.