God of War Ascension Beta Thoughts

This is a discussion on God of War Ascension Beta Thoughts within the God of War: Ascension forum, part of the G; Some people have already played it, but tomorrow all PlayStation Plus subscribers will get their first chance to try out ...

PRO Member

God of War Ascension Beta Thoughts

Some people have already played it, but tomorrow all PlayStation Plus subscribers will get their first chance to try out the God of War Ascension Beta. So once you play it, share your thoughts in this thread on what you think of it. I'm excited to try it out. It looks unique and fun.

Sig by Bladia

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Can't wait to see what the multiplayers like

PRO Member

I played it for a few hours last night. I started off pretty rough, placing last in my first 3 matches. Then I was first in 6 of the next 7. I doubt it's something I would enjoy for the long term, but it's better than what I had expected. The Team version game me a lot more problems for some reason. I'm not sure why.

Does anybody know what the occasion white flare that appears on the ground and you use R1 to activate it is? Your character seems to get some kind of power up but I have no idea how to use it or what it is exactly.

PRO Member

I played it today and it's fun, but I'm not sure if it's my thing. I'll probably just need to get better.

Does anyone know if the progress you make (leves, weapons) will be saved for the final game?

Le Wild Trophy Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by annare41 View Post
    Does anyone know if the progress you make (leves, weapons) will be saved for the final game?
    That's what I'd like to know too.

It's pretty cool and I've really enjoyed it so far, which is nice because I normally don't like MP at all.

Lvl 7 - Gold

it is meh, unneeded MP for a SP game, *sigh*

Wish just one game wouldn't have a stupid MP chucked into the series...

Latest : #112 / RAYMAN: Origins [VITA]

PRO Member

I enjoyed the little bit that i played. I won a couple matches too which was pretty cool. It is really satisfying when you pull a combo off on somebody

Sig by Bladia

Royal Flush X2

It was pretty fun, the team battles did get kinda boring after a while but the free for all was fun. But still even with this MP being pretty good I rather not have it in and just make the SP longer.

Retired Staff Member

Not at all pleased with the beta. At this point I've grown tired of Kratos as a character, and his story, so the multiplayer was the only interest I had in the game. I know it's a beta, so I know there are improvements to be had, but as far as core game mechanics it is not for me. I will not be playing this title.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I played couple hours, I didn't struggle that much which was great, I even won couple favor of the gods, got couple double kills, it's lots of fun I will spend a lot of time playing this game