View Poll Results: "How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?"

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Easy

5 16.13%
  • Easy

15 48.39%
  • Moderate

10 32.26%
  • Hard

1 3.23%
  • Very Hard

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the God of War: Ascension forum, part of the G; moderate - as long as you start it in hard mode everything else is piece of cake...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

moderate - as long as you start it in hard mode everything else is piece of cake

A plat a month!

Easy. The only challenging part would be the trial of Archimedes. After a few tries, even that trial became manageable.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Other than a couple spots on hard mode like the last boss battle I had to go a few times to get the timing of blocks down just a minor annoyance really. The trials were tough but I was able to either by skill or luck or both best them on hard mode the first time through. Other people have expressed how difficult these were but I didn't find them too bad. Without the challenge of the gods in this one for reasons I don't understand this game only gets a generous 3 out of 10. I use to hate doing the challenges especially in God Of War 1 and challenge of the titans in part 2 but I strangely found myself missing them in this one. In the other God Of Wars with the exception of Titan mode in God Of War 3 which was hard to me these challenges were the one trophy I felt you really had to earn and saving it for last gave me a sense of accomplishment when I popped it. This feeling was missing on this God Of War and I can't believe I'm even saying this after so many times cursing the makers of these games for putting these challenge she in there but I miss them dearly.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

moderate- everything is easy except that i had trouble with the boss on hard. But i was finally able to beat the boss after a few tries.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Moderate.

God of War has never been easy compared to some other games and a difficulty trophy is included in this release. This game doesn't include any challenges unlike all other GoW games so the 'hard mode' trophy was imo the most difficult of the game. The collectibles were super easy, I even found all eyes and feathers myself on my first run and I suck hard at collectibles in general. Hard mode's most difficult section were the Trials of Archimedes but since the patch that wasn't too bad. Took me five tries or so but I played through on normal first so I was also used to that section. In general with some tactics and a being able of either blocking or evading the Trials and the rest of the game aren't that difficult. However if you'd go purely offensive with any lack of approaching different situations as it would suit them you'd horribly fail at some parts so I voted moderate.
    Oh and last but not least a big thanks to the developers that they didn't force us to play any multiplayer matches. I'm totally grateful as that would have ruined my platinum for this game most likely.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Very Easy
    The game had no challenge at all, even the trials of Archimedes was easy, I've made it in one shot straight. Earning the trophies was good, I think that the God of War series has the most "Enjoyable" trophy set, making it easy to reaach the Plat.
    JPR

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Singularity in a Super Massive Black Hole

Moderate. The combat system in this game is very counter-intuitive to anyone who's played other God of War games. Parrying is somewhat useful, but not nearly as useful as blocking and dodging. Instead of opening up a sweet spot and throwing out combos, you have to poke your enemies a couple times and flee to succeed. Almost all of the abilities you can unlock are completely useless, and once you get good at spamming the Amulet and Oath Stone, the difficulty eases up drastically. As someone who started out on hard mode playing this like any other God of War game, I would feel it a disservice to other players not using a trophy guide to call it easy. Until you have mastered the combat system, hard mode is very challenging and you will die a considerable amount of times. Having to grind for the amulet trophy is also really annoying. But once you do master the combat system, even Titan mode isn't that difficult. As with all things: it's easy once you figure it out, but not so much until you do!

The Deathly Rhythm

Moderate

I really had a hard time with this game on Hard, especially the Trials, but it was a fun plat
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12