View Poll Results: "How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?"

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Easy

4 13.79%
  • Easy

15 51.72%
  • Moderate

9 31.03%
  • Hard

1 3.45%
  • Very Hard

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the God of War: Ascension forum, part of the G; (banner image pending) This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please ...

PRO Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

(banner image pending)

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were very easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

voted as easy. probably a 3/10
    could be tougher for someone brand new to the series, but the learning curve is a lot smaller than other games in this genre

basically, this game is easy. There is only one hard part in the entire game I'm sure everyone has heard about the Trial of Archimedes. It's not nearly as hard as the reviews say though, so don't worry. Collectibles are easy to find and everything is pretty straightforward trophy-wise.

www.powerpyx.com

I gave it a 1/5 - Very Easy.

The fact that you can get plat in under 10 hours makes this game look ridiculous. There should have at least been a trophy for beating the game on titan difficulty and some challenges. There are checkpoints during boss fights and if you die your health completely refills. The only place people struggle with is the trial of archimedes in chapter 28, but after a few tries it is totally doable. Since there is chapter select you can mop up trophies easily. Easiest God of War so far.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPyx View Post
    I gave it a 1/5 - Very Easy.

The fact that you can get plat in under 10 hours makes this game look ridiculous. There should have at least been a trophy for beating the game on titan difficulty and some challenges. There are checkpoints during boss fights and if you die your health completely refills. The only place people struggle with is the trial of archimedes in chapter 28, but after a few tries it is totally doable. Since there is chapter select you can mop up trophies easily. Easiest God of War so far.
    I don't buy that... Most of the GoW games didn't even make you beat it on Hard difficulty... This one seems easy enough but still not the easiest...

Burned out...

Easy - This was quick and mostly easy platinum. Most trophies are story related or just finding collectibles which are easy to find.

Avatar & Signature made by dsluckay / GDT bar by djunglist / PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

Lvl 7 - Gold

easy, was the easiest of all 6 GOW's and replay chapter was good. the trial is the only challenge and is doable

PRO Member

(EASY) although i had my share of deaths. All the collectibles are pretty easy to find so there is not much to bump your head into the wall! the trial is pretty easy with all the artifacts you get dont worry.

This is just a wery fun and easy platinum! to bad it's all over.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Voted Easy. Nothing was hard in this game. Hard was so easy when compared to Gow 3 and the trial of archimedes is completely over rated. Its not even hard. Managed to beat it on my second try also i got the platinum in 11hrs

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

Voted Easy as well; once you realize how to mix magic, blocking and button-mashing, which feels different than in other GoW games, you're golden. The hardest part of the game is the Trial of Archimedes as I found Level 1 to be the hardest to go unscathed. Level 2 and Level 3 are a breeze though. Fun, quick platinum.

The Road So Far And The Road Ahead
    `2nd place Trophy Checklist (2013)
    `Checklist Spotlight #2 Winner (2014)

Currently Playing
    `Saints Row IV [72%]
    `Wolfenstein: The New Order [100%]

Signature & Avatar
    `courtesy of DaRe_xLw

Lvl 2 - Bronze

1-very easy

I got the platinum on my first playthrough and it was the easiest GoW platinum ever completed the trial of archimedes on hard the first try.

ToQ6

2.5 easy til you get to the highly talked about trials then the difficulty takes a big spike the final boss didn't even give me issues it was just the trials but this is GOW
    do able in a day or 2 and follow the info in the guide have a pillow to scream into I know I did

Plat Bar By Knucklesmash (finally stable)

Lvl 1 - Bronze

2 Only the trials took a few tries on hard have to agree with other comments about the lack of challenges that have always been in other GOW games, great game though, but definately the easist GOW plat to date.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Voted easy , I had a lot of deaths on hard difficulty but the checkpoints make it not so bad . I had a hell of a time beating this flying dragon thing in chapter 8 or 9 but after that the game was a breeze , fun and easy game

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I voted easy, The only Problem was The Trail of Archimedes, that was a bit hard.
    Jesus is Lord!!

Backlog Grinding

I voted this game as EASY because that is exactly what it is! Might be harder for a new fan of the series but for anyone who has played this series before... by far the easiest game in the series

Currently playing -->

PRO Member

Voted easy. Nothing really being to hard. The trials took about 5 tries other than that everything can be done with minimal tries.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

She Got Me Up All Night

Very Easy

Wow this game is shoooort to complete everything and that sucks. I don't know what the trial of arch was like before but it isn't hard anymore I suppose got through on second try after my controller died on me during the second battle which ended up killing me. The collectibles would hold some people up if they don't search all the areas
    PPS bar by Smashguy

Sig & Avy by Dare

Made by Pancake Model

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Nothing to hard, my only problem was the Lubed Up Trophy!

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

I voted moderate on this one. It was challenging in some places but I was overall disappointed with this installment. The game was short, weapons were crap and why the mp!?

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Easy. Chapter Select made cleanup trophies nice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast