Camera Panning Horrible

This is a discussion on Camera Panning Horrible within the God of War: Ascension forum, part of the G; Is it just me or is the camera panning horrible in this game? At times the zoom out is so ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Camera Panning Horrible

Is it just me or is the camera panning horrible in this game? At times the zoom out is so far that even with me standing infront of the television, I cant find kratos in the crowd. This has caused me to die alot.

I didnt download the patch so that I can acquire - Bros before Hos, but did it fix any of these issues? I am also having huge sound byte glitches as well.

Dont get me wrong, I am enjoying the paythrough, but dying unnecessarily and being forced to repeatidly watch cutscenes is getting old fast.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

definitely noticed that while playing through the demo, hard to find kratos in a crowd and i kept dodging when i tried to move the camera, its been a while since i played a gow game and im used to being able to move the camera

Legalize it...

Quote Originally Posted by tj_martins View Post
    I didnt download the patch so that I can acquire - Bros before Hos
    All it did was change the trophy name...

Lvl 6 - Silver

I noticed the audio not synching up in a few spots. And I hate the camera panning out as well. Yes the surroundings look nice and all but I hate it. I'm only 30 minutes or so into it but I hope it stops soon.
    Batman Arkham Asylum l Batman Arkham City l Bioshock l Borderlands l GoW: Chains of Olympus l God of War
    GoW: Ghost of Sparta l God of War II l God of War III l InFamous l Killzone l Killzone 3 l LEGO Batman 2 l LEGO LotR
    LittleBigPlanet l LittleBigPlanet Vita l Plants Vs. Zombies Vita l PS All-Stars Vita l R&C: Going Commando
    R&C: Up Your Arsenal l R&C: A Crack in Time l R&C: All4One l R&C: Full Frontal Assault l Resistance: Burning Skies
    The Walking Dead l Trine 2 l Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Thankfully I have 55" LCD

Lvl 2 - Bronze

It does get frustrating when the camera pans out but, the enemies that spawn whenever the camera pans out (like the Snakes Train area) are not that hard to deal with - so if you're not sure where Kratos is, just hold BLOCK. Nothing can happen.

Lvl 8 - Gold

yeah i just held block when i cant see myself and in 1 spot they all just fell off the edge!!

Ice Cream Firefighter

I haven't had any trouble with my camera angles and I could be weird in saying this but I actually enjoy the zoomed out battles I find it a awesome sight and haven't died in combat yet, just from jumping off ledges.

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

PRO Member

Camera views are ok for me, anyone find bosses tightes easier than the fights when you receive powers of a certain god? I'm playing on hard, and getting my ass kicked lol die at least 5 times on these, it sucks there's no save points, I just missed two chests and can't go back it blows

People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Me too, I just saw a note and decided to explore a little before picking it up... the bridge collapsed behind me so I got stuck. Starting to look alot like a second playthrough...

Quote Originally Posted by UnbreakabuII View Post
    Camera views are ok for me, anyone find bosses tightes easier than the fights when you receive powers of a certain god? I'm playing on hard, and getting my ass kicked lol die at least 5 times on these, it sucks there's no save points, I just missed two chests and can't go back it blows

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I remember having to get used to the camera view the other God of War Games. I pre ordered game from Best Buy. I put it in once but I haven't actually played it yet.
    I kissed a boy, and I liked it.
    (I can't wait to do it again.)

You Know You Love Me

Play Ico before you complain about camera angles. Damn near threw up trying to finish that game

PRO Member

This is one of my biggest complaints about this game. Yeah, I get that they want to show off the big, impressive set pieces, but they zoom out so far in the middle of fights that I completely lose where Kratos is on the screen. And no, I don't have a tiny TV. I'm only at around Chapter 12, but so far, this is my least favorite of the 6 God of War games.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I had the game freeze camera angle on chapter 28 or was it 27 in one spot so i had to replay the last level to fix it.
    "Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted"
    "Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito"

Ice Cream Firefighter

OMG I thought everyone would have figured out how to stay safe by now with the wide angle camera shots but I will explain for people who don't know it yet.

Don't be a hero you don't always need to be attacking, when the camera pans out use these buttons + only, until the camera comes back in.

Worked for me as I never died until after the start of chapter 11 on hard

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles