Trial Of Archimedes was not hard

This is a discussion on Trial Of Archimedes was not hard within the God of War: Ascension forum, part of the G; Okay I just beat God of war Ascension today and hard and got my plat as well. I was pretty ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

Trial Of Archimedes was not hard

Okay I just beat God of war Ascension today and hard and got my plat as well. I was pretty afraid before playing the game whether i can achieve the plat because of many reviewers saying that the trial was so hard and that it took them 6hrs just to pass it on normal. I am a god of war veteran(i think at least since i got my other 5 plats) but i was super scared. Today i beat it in on my second try. Wth the labyrinth in Gow3 was a million times harder than this. This was challenging and that too only the first floor. 2nd and third were pretty easy. What did u all think about the trials as well as the whole game in general. I thought the game was good and reviewers are underrating it. I would give it a 8.5. the story was weak for a gow game but its a prequel so i dont fault it that much but i was so disappointed about the audio. It kept getting cut at some parts in the game for like 1 sec and then return back. This was never the case in the previous gow games

PRO Member

Have to agree, maybe its because of all the hype but this was definitely not hard compared to challenges in the other 3 console GoW games.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by xsouthwell View Post
    Have to agree, maybe its because of all the hype but this was definitely not hard compared to challenges in the other 3 console GoW games.
    I dont think its because of the hype i think that people got relaxed at the start of the game since it was easy and were mindlessly mashing buttons so when this part became a challenege they couldnt pass it and started complaining

Lvl 1 - Bronze

More or less if your a returning player to God of War this latest installment was too easy, I played it on Normal and now 3/4 though on Hard I always play it twice. On Hard I usually do the clean up to the trophies or items missed.

But the Gauntlet of Archimedes is indeed really mild compared to the challenges in all other God of War games. I mean the fact is this is part of the main story missions, not a challenge room like Challenges of the God or Titans, in fact there isn't any of those in this game.

IT's a quick room to Platinum even without a Guide I mean there isn't much and most if missed can be done on a second run like nothing. The puzzles and enemies I don't know seemed way to easy. I agree most got to comfy with how the first half of the game played out and when it came to the Gauntlet and the challenge was on it made them actually use dodge, block and parry which up to then you could get away with just attacking wildly and that being enough.

Overall it's a great game just has it's moments where your done and like, that was way to fast, that is why I am glad they added MP to this game. Now to be a Champion of the Gods lol.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I have all the GoW platinums except for chains of olympus and the same happened to me when I saw the reviews saying how hard it was well I got my GoW ascension platinum today and I completed the trial on my first try on hard it wasn't challenging at all and I consider this game pretty good but not as good as god of war 3.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by abhinandhan22 View Post
    Okay I just beat God of war Ascension today and hard and got my plat as well. I was pretty afraid before playing the game whether i can achieve the plat because of many reviewers saying that the trial was so hard and that it took them 6hrs just to pass it on normal. I am a god of war veteran(i think at least since i got my other 5 plats) but i was super scared. Today i beat it in on my second try. Wth the labyrinth in Gow3 was a million times harder than this. This was challenging and that too only the first floor. 2nd and third were pretty easy. What did u all think about the trials as well as the whole game in general. I thought the game was good and reviewers are underrating it. I would give it a 8.5. the story was weak for a gow game but its a prequel so i dont fault it that much but i was so disappointed about the audio. It kept getting cut at some parts in the game for like 1 sec and then return back. This was never the case in the previous gow games
    I hear that lol the labyrinth WAS hard as heck. This trophy was tough, but not Ninja Gaiden tough. 6hrs on that level is a little exaggerated no? I did this on my first playthrough on hard and beat it around 45min, after realizing that the freakin block button was all I needed to get through. Magic works too (I never had them maxed out though).
    Sync Unison: Element of Spirits

PRO Member

Ascension for me was the easiest laid back platinum of whole series, I missed challenges, I enjoyed GoW3 much more

People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer