Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

i'm not impressed

This is a discussion on i'm not impressed within the God of War: Ascension forum, part of the G; i didnt buy ascension, and don't plan to. i played 1 2 & 3 and loved it, i also feel ...

PRO Member

i didnt buy ascension, and don't plan to. i played 1 2 & 3 and loved it, i also feel that the story was perfect from those 3 games........
    and when i heard about a new GoW coming , people was like oh it's part 4... they continuing the story etc.......... which in honesty, erked my nerves........ from playing the main 3 Gows, and how they had tied every loose ends..........(and not to spoil nothing for anyone who hasn't played or beat it) but obviously kratos died at the end, and when i knew another Gow was coming out i was like wtf....... there is no way for them to continue the story forward since kratos is dead (this was talk when it was still a rumor and what not), i heard people even saying oh the new Gow is gonna be with Kratos brother etc............ i kinda thought yeah that's somewhat of a way to go - in like a new/different direction, but for everyone saying oh kratos is alive or kratos is gonna come back.............. i was just like there is no way, and no reason for him to come back............ doing so would just F**k up the storyline -- (which at this point is perfect)-- ( Gow 1,2&3 speaking)
    really after seeing all these negetive response about the game which i knew would happen i dont plan on even bothering to buy it...........
    i enjoyed the original 3............. and jsut hope they can let Kratos rest in peace, b/c i hate seeing series get ruin just for cash........
    (*side not - i hope this don't happen with the up coming AC-black flag-which i have a feeling in gonna damage the game series)

but no, they really need to stop with all these damn Prequels of GoW.............. b/c if you can't go forward, then they just need to stop tryign to go backwards.............. right? or maybe it's just me =/

(sorry, didn't mean to write this much, just wanted to speak my little two cents in on the topic xD )

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Jace227 View Post
    i didnt buy ascension, and don't plan to. i played 1 2 & 3 and loved it, i also feel that the story was perfect from those 3 games........
    and when i heard about a new GoW coming , people was like oh it's part 4... they continuing the story etc.......... which in honesty, erked my nerves........ from playing the main 3 Gows, and how they had tied every loose ends..........(and not to spoil nothing for anyone who hasn't played or beat it) but obviously kratos died at the end, and when i knew another Gow was coming out i was like wtf....... there is no way for them to continue the story forward since kratos is dead (this was talk when it was still a rumor and what not), i heard people even saying oh the new Gow is gonna be with Kratos brother etc............ i kinda thought yeah that's somewhat of a way to go - in like a new/different direction, but for everyone saying oh kratos is alive or kratos is gonna come back.............. i was just like there is no way, and no reason for him to come back............ doing so would just F**k up the storyline -- (which at this point is perfect)-- ( Gow 1,2&3 speaking)
    really after seeing all these negetive response about the game which i knew would happen i dont plan on even bothering to buy it...........
    i enjoyed the original 3............. and jsut hope they can let Kratos rest in peace, b/c i hate seeing series get ruin just for cash........
    (*side not - i hope this don't happen with the up coming AC-black flag-which i have a feeling in gonna damage the game series)

but no, they really need to stop with all these damn Prequels of GoW.............. b/c if you can't go forward, then they just need to stop tryign to go backwards.............. right? or maybe it's just me =/

(sorry, didn't mean to write this much, just wanted to speak my little two cents in on the topic xD )
    i agree that III ended perfectly and the story was intact just fine. and i feel chains of olympus and ghost of sparta were all the side stories we needed. through those 5 games they explained the story front to back just fine and it was very understandable just what happened to kratos. when i heard ascension was going to be a prequel and "explain" 10 years before the first game i was like ok maybe i'll learn something new and cool and maybe there's a lot of story to be told. but honestly ascension told me nothing i didn't already know. i really hate it because kratos is my favorite character and i love the god of war series but i'm honestly broken hearted because the cash cow has been turned in on kratos. i really hope there are no more god of war games. the story has been told and we already have 1 game too many lol. and when i say it's a bad game i'm not saying that it's horrible and God aweful. i'm saying compared to all the others it's the worst out of the series and the only one i feel was forced. ok i'm done now. i've said too much in this thread and now i'm just starting to repeat myself lol

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

PRO Member

i feel you ...........
    but ok, its not bad but it's the worst of the series........... pretty much forced............ i don't get why they would force a game just for money....... i would think the developer would cherish their own game more than us gamers......... just like Gow im Highly Big on AC..... and when i play a game i'm mainly playing it for it's storyline.......(MP is just bonus if i choose to actually play MP).... i can admit i didn't play the other two prequels of Gow.......... but after playing 1 2 & 3 , i don't think there is anything else i didn't come to turns in thoroughly playing the main 3 that those 2 or even ascension could tell/show......... but to state what you said in a comment............. this game basically is a cash cow game made just off of kratos's name.............
    i really think certain groups(developers need to keep a focus on the games SP and always make sure it's thorough and something new that it can show/make us learn that we haven't seen in any of it's predecessors ) but if they can't, just leave games to rest, in my opinion.......

weither if they force a game or take quality time and make it great, they would still make money off of it, b/c of those certain fans who are loyal to a game, but why make a game that will make it's fans disappointed....... take the time and make the fans--( us gamers satisfied), is what i'm saying making any if a little sense at all??

Cops vs Robbers Rangers??

well if you feel like you repeated yourself then I do as well and here's my 2 cents when I originally heard this game was coming out I heard that it was going to be a co-op with Kratos brother then the MP just snuck up and planted itself in there somehow (who really cares) the point is that if they wanted to make this a prequel then how does it truly fit in to the plot there are so many holes in the plot now and I can say that I was a die hard kratos fan when the game first started back on the ps2. now with that all said the 5 games before this train wreck were enough and didn't need any more filler its like trying to figure out the Zelda timeline or trying to make sense of all the Kingdom Hearts games in one solid story and I know I just set myself up for some fun arguments on this one but this game didn't need to be made its a waste of $60 and personally I feel ripped off right now with buying this on release day at least I didn't buy the collectors edtion that was like what 80 or 90 dollars or something so how bout those players unless there diehard fans and will buy anything just cause there fans. the whole point is your forced to play the game at least 2 or more times to understand the game and im sorry but in this day in age I don't have that much time and as for the dlc IF any ever comes im sure it will be to help the lets face it a sad cash cow attempt to bring the CoD fans or the AC fans to a different franchise and its just not worth my time to try to figure that out. also im not a fan of the MP on any games here I don't even like the trading feature of Pokémon lol . and that is my 2 cents or 20 dollars lol

PRO Member

The story wasn't great, but my main problem with the game was that it was EXTREMELY buggy. The lighting effects and surfaces didn't load a lot of the time so I was walking around on thin air and trying to find my way around in the dark. There were also times the camera wouldn't follow Kratos, and I'd be unable to continue. Reloading the last checkpoint wouldn't fix it, I had to restart the entire chapter. The game also froze on me repeatedly, so I had to do a hard reset. I even cloud saved and transfered the game to my other ps3 and that one froze too. Horrible and there's no excuses for that.

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    The story wasn't great, but my main problem with the game was that it was EXTREMELY buggy. The lighting effects and surfaces didn't load a lot of the time so I was walking around on thin air and trying to find my way around in the dark. There were also times the camera wouldn't follow Kratos, and I'd be unable to continue. Reloading the last checkpoint wouldn't fix it, I had to restart the entire chapter. The game also froze on me repeatedly, so I had to do a hard reset. I even cloud saved and transfered the game to my other ps3 and that one froze too. Horrible and there's no excuses for that.
    there are a lot of bugs in this game. way too many for the god of war name. i can count on one hand the number of buggs i encountered on the first 5 games. and then i can use the other hand to count the bugs i encountered in this game lol i found most of what you did if not a form of the same problem. and i think we can all agree that one of the biggest problems is the camera. i understand wanting to show off your work and get a perspective of scale but most of the time the camera got stuck on some weird angle or it panned way too far out and i couldn't tell who was who. i was forced to hold the block button constantly till i was able to figure out where i was on the screen lol. i guess quality control and game testing isn't what it used to be lol

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Cops vs Robbers Rangers??

o don't get me started on the glitches and bugs I had that happen when I just got done getting the Quaid trophy the camera locked on me and I couldn't continue til I reloaded the entire chapter and that was an annoying boss fight to have to do a 2nd time around that and I got pushed under the boat in the final boss and sat in a void abyss for about 10 mins til the boss joined me and kicked me through a 2nd floor in that same abyss so hows that for a bug I did have that happen to me in Gow 3 a few times but then they patched it (lol) did you get these glitches before the challenges patch or after ?

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I have to agree. I was so psyched when I heard they were making another GOW that I begged my dad to pre-order it for me. When it got there I was still playing another game so I forced myself to wait until I finished before I started gowa. Then I was like???????? where is the challange and why am I here what is this all about? Where is the story they promised me?
    The only places I die is when I miss a jump, and some of time it seems like I just slipped off the edge so they could make me die anyway. I have all the weapons maxed out and I'm no where near the final stage yet, (at least I hope not). The magic is a joke, does little or nothing to the enemys. They practically broadcast where the gorgon eyes and the feathers are so you can't miss them. It seems like he said, "forced".
    I kissed a boy, and I liked it.
    (I can't wait to do it again.)

Lvl 1 - Bronze

So I'm not the only one. I bought the collectors edition of this game on day 1 and was super excited. What I found is a game riddled with bugs and cheats for the AI that I find unacceptable. The graphics were amazing, but the mechanics? Not so much. I started on the higher difficulty because I'm so familiar with the gameplay and found that they changed so much of what made the game fun. The 2 button parry and controller lag was frustrating to say the least. I tried to lower the difficulty after 10 hours of gameplay and found that I couldn't. There was no way I was going to play through that placeholder story again, so I put GOWA on my shelf and forgot about it until now.

So with the current summer lull in games, I decided to go back to GOWA on normal difficulty to see if was any better, and it is, but its still not worth the GOW name. There are so many times where the game make little cheats to make it seems more difficult than it actually is and that's something I find unacceptable. This game only has a few moments where I feel it lives up to the name God of War. It's great to look at, but count me in the disappointed column.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by hyperhealer View Post
    So I'm not the only one. I bought the collectors edition of this game on day 1 and was super excited. What I found is a game riddled with bugs and cheats for the AI that I find unacceptable. The graphics were amazing, but the mechanics? Not so much. I started on the higher difficulty because I'm so familiar with the gameplay and found that they changed so much of what made the game fun. The 2 button parry and controller lag was frustrating to say the least. I tried to lower the difficulty after 10 hours of gameplay and found that I couldn't. There was no way I was going to play through that placeholder story again, so I put GOWA on my shelf and forgot about it until now.

So with the current summer lull in games, I decided to go back to GOWA on normal difficulty to see if was any better, and it is, but its still not worth the GOW name. There are so many times where the game make little cheats to make it seems more difficult than it actually is and that's something I find unacceptable. This game only has a few moments where I feel it lives up to the name God of War. It's great to look at, but count me in the disappointed column.
    No doubt its a very easy and fast platinum, but there is a very interesting story, and combat is just amazing. you are saying that the game make little cheats and it seems more difficult? I don't understand.
    Awesome Sig by ERICVOLTAGE

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Little things like a missed block here and a poorly timed jump there. Things that you do the whole game and it works until the moment the game decides it doesn't work in that instance. Developers do this sometimes when they want the game to play longer in order to prevent you from selling the game back. They all do it to some extent but when the player can tell, it's piss poor game design and unacceptable.

since there's nothing else to play, I will start a new game plus on hard. I think this will be better than starting out on hard first.

While I'm at it, another thing that irked me is that you had to unlock your super attacks for each power after you got enough orbs. Like I said, the game is so beautiful that I must of missed the brief flash of letters when it explained that onscreen. I spent so much time frustrated that I didn't have the supers and rage meter when I got new powers. This game really sucked!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12