Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i'm not impressed

This is a discussion on i'm not impressed within the God of War: Ascension forum, part of the G; i've dumped about 8 hours into this game so far and after 1 hour i forced myself to do the ...

Prayer Warrior

i'm not impressed

i've dumped about 8 hours into this game so far and after 1 hour i forced myself to do the rest hoping and praying they wouldn't have fucked up kratos this bad. but guess what.....they have. this is by far the worst god of war game i have ever played and the whole thing just feels forced. there is no consistency through the game cause it's all over the place. the puzzles i've encountered make no sense. no because they are hard cause in fact they are not but they just make no sense. and for a game that's suppose to be telling a whole back story it doesn't say much of shit. it's just go here and do this over and over again. i feel this game is a huge let down and at this point i don't even know if i can finish it.

there are just so many things wrong with this game to even begin to mention them all. so i'll just end this short rant with this. everything i've done up to this point is very forgettable and holds no actual weight in the god of war universe. i feel this game is just a cash in on the kratos name and for the amount of story they are trying to tell they could have cut out a lot of this filler bull crap and just made a $20 psn title. because this game right here does not warrent a $60 price tag. i'm so glad i gamefly'd this one and didn't rush out to buy it. thoughts?

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Notorious K.I.D.

Sounds like all my fears about this game were true. After playing 3 I felt that they had achieved the pinnacle of what the storyline could offer. When I first heard that Ascension was coming out, I couldn't understand why. They had everything wrapped up beautifully, and yet greed kills another great series once again. Looks like this is a rental only, which is sad because most of these games are not justified in their $60 price tag.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by kid420247 View Post
    Sounds like all my fears about this game were true. After playing 3 I felt that they had achieved the pinnacle of what the storyline could offer. When I first heard that Ascension was coming out, I couldn't understand why. They had everything wrapped up beautifully, and yet greed kills another great series once again. Looks like this is a rental only, which is sad because most of these games are not justified in their $60 price tag.
    They finished the series off perfect with god of war III and with chains of olympus and ghost of sparta already out as side stories I didn't feel this new game was needed. I understand wanting to tell the backstory but I know and understand perfectly what happened to kratos by playing the other games. This new game has not shown me anything I didn't already know really. Its just a cash in. It has no real purpose. It has a lot of filler and very little story. They could have just got straight to the point and made a faster paced game like the others in the series and put it on psn for $20. That would have been way better.

ToQ Rokugou

you have a good point there with this being a cash in on the Franchise name altho when this game was announced that this was going to be a MP game only I originally thought WTF then seeing that it was going to have a MP option like all the other big name games out there (uncharted, AC ect.). the game cannon is very short and all over the place and in order to really get the story you have to play it through twice like something else I had played in the past the $60 price tag isn't really worth this at all. I will admit that for the story if you see it as a whole it wasn't that bad until you try to use it as part of the franchise as a whole then it makes no sense at all if you think about the story as a whole there's CoO then Gow 1 then GoS then Gow 2 finally Part 3 that honestly should have ended it unless you belive the fodder for the so called number 4 title that rumors are around. game wise its ok but not worth the price tag that is on it

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I agree, fans of the God Of War series have been really let down by this game. Your right about them cashing in on Kratos name, alot of the story and game play have, in my opinion, been sacrificed due to the multiplayer option being added. I finished this game in about half a day so i know from the many times i finishe 1,2 and 3 that its no where near as long as them. I think the company that made the game should do something for the people who feel ripped off by paying so much for a game that was no good.

*insert Latin phrase*

After slaying titans 1,000 times your size and wrapping up such a story arc, Ascension really felt like more of a letdown. GoW III was a perfect swan song for the series, Ascension just feels more like a cash-in. I'm more disappointed in the fact that they didn't apt to explore the more human side of Kratos like we were let on to believe.

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel! Vote on my Playstation Grandmasterpiece HERE!

ToQ Rokugou

what is sad about the game is they made the MP option but lets face it other then the 5 mins it takes to get the MP trophy who can really say they played that mode??? at least im glad that they only made it that you had to play that feature for just one trophy now they better be good and making dlc for this game if any. then again even if they made dlc for this game who would go out and buy it its not like GoW 3 where the only dlc (that im aware of ) was extra skins which gave you different abilities when you play though the game which all the other titles including this one you unlock after beating the game on any of the diffculity modes.

Prayer Warrior

if they do in fact make dlc i'm willing to bet good money it will only be for multiplayer. i don't see them making single player dlc even if it is extra skins. but believe it or not there are mindless sheep out there that actually think this is a good game and like it and will buy the dlc. it's hard to imagine but every series has the die hard fanboys that will never speak ill of their beloved series (call of duty being the worst) and they will buy all the garbage thrown at them regardless.

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    if they do in fact make dlc i'm willing to bet good money it will only be for multiplayer. i don't see them making single player dlc even if it is extra skins. but believe it or not there are mindless sheep out there that actually think this is a good game and like it and will buy the dlc. it's hard to imagine but every series has the die hard fanboys that will never speak ill of their beloved series (call of duty being the worst) and they will buy all the garbage thrown at them regardless.

I platted the game in like 3 days, from the story not kicking in like 3/4 in the game
    I felt like this GOW did not need to be made, in fact the PSP titles justified more of a story connection than this one
    now I have this game on sale on eBay hoping to get my money back and buy something worth value

Oh and yes dlc is coming soon and yes it will be for multiplayer, Santa monica confirmed it on twitter I believe
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Ice Cream Firefighter

I will say that it didn't impress me as much as the first 3 GoW's did, but I still enjoyed playing it.

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

PRO Member

It was easy and fast but I loved it, the story is great, combat is great, Kratos is still himself, the game starts with an amazing battle, anyway I got what I wanted

People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer

Lvl 1 - Bronze

My first thoughts when this game was announced was that they wanted to make a GoW game that was mp and they just kind of threw a single player campaign story in there to justify it.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

yas all seem to have forgotten but the game was first anounced as going to be co-op not multiplayer, which i was very interestd in seeing, then they changed the title and co-op too multi and was dubious from that point on!, , overall i agree with the op, pretty ordinary this time for sure, and no challenges , grrrr wtf!

Notorious K.I.D.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that co-op in a GoW story would probably have been an improvement over forcing a multiplayer aspect into the series.

Quote Originally Posted by UnbreakabuII View Post
    Whatever I thought its funny, don't have to be so anal about it
    In this age of the internet we're in, this is considered a heartfelt apology.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

Trophy Guide Grand Master

Lets stay on topic and keep the conversation civil...if you feel the need to throw around insults please do not bother to post

PRO Member

Holy shit I'm so sorry, after I posted my reply, I left the page open, and my jerkoff buddy got into writing stupid shit, didn't mean to offend anyone

Notorious K.I.D.

Holy shit I'm so sorry, after I posted my reply, I left the page open, and my jerkoff buddy got into writing stupid shit, didn't mean to offend anyone
    Let me be the first one to defend him, it caught me by surprise when I was reading his posts as it didn't seem like stuff he would write.

Prayer Warrior

All is well. I will admit I was shocked lol things happen I m not mad

PRO Member

Thanks, everyone has an opinion, and I'm not a nazi so...

Prayer Warrior

Thanks, everyone has an opinion, and I'm not a nazi so...
    yeah i appreciate a difference of opinion and i'm not sure if i really offended your friend who wrote all that stuff or they were just messing with me trying to get me upset but i think a few things i said were taken out of context. if someone honestly likes this game then thats all well and good but i don't think that a true god of war fan will think this game is good compared to the others or feel it was really needed. now i saw you seem to really like it and maybe you're more of a kratos fan than me but it's just my opinion that this is nothing more than a cash in on the series. i thought the opening fight was bland compared to the opening fight in III against posiden. and stroy wise i feel it left me wanting more. i honestly didn't learn anything new that i did't already know from playing the other 5 games. i felt the combat was ok but again not as refined as in III and i know god of war is a hack n slash but on the harder settings i never felt like it was a mindless hack and slash as you had to block, dodge, roll, and parry to survive and with ascension i never felt like i had to do anything other than mash the square button. but hey....at the end of the day you liked it and i respect that. even if i think you're a little crazy lol (no disrespect just picking lol)

you know i have an opinion on a very popular game that a lot of people say i'm crazy. i don't like skyrim at all. not my type of game. i'm not a true fan of that franchise so maybe that's why. the point is we are gamers and we all can agree to disagree at times. but i am really glad to find out that it wasn't really you saying all those mean things. i've never seen you act like that and i was completely blown away lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast