Trophies Galore?

This is a discussion on Trophies Galore? within the God of War: Chains of Olympus forum, part of the G; After platinum-ing Dead Island, I wanted to get started on the rest of the to-do list. To get into GoW ...

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

Trophies Galore?

After platinum-ing Dead Island, I wanted to get started on the rest of the to-do list. To get into GoW mode, I started playing for 10 minutes to get into the hang of it and at the end of said 10 minutes I had 5 trophies... I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, I'm not, but at a rate of 1 trophy per 2 minutes I'm a little hesitant at the relevance of some of these trophies. I know every game has its "meh" trophies, but I hope this doesn't ruin the satisfaction of the overall platinum. I got a trophy for walking over a beam? Really?

That being said, I'm early into this, so I'm sure I'll have my moments where I will be ecstatic to hear that "ding" sound when a trophy pops up after beating a hardcore boss. At the end of the day, I'm just glad I can be Kratos again and kill things! =D

in a kup

Yeah the first part of the game, youll hit tons of trophies. Then it relaxes and you get them like every other game. Just wait til you play on hard

Legalize it...

Quote Originally Posted by paperkut View Post
    Yeah the first part of the game, youll hit tons of trophies. Then it relaxes and you get them like every other game. Just wait til you play on hard
    So is it rough? For the first 3 I played on normal and it was ok not to hard or to easy...My friend tried Titan mode on 3 and said he had to switch it down lol...

WHO DAT!!!!

hard is pretty difficult in some areas but is very managable.....the challenges on the other hand left me with a bruised thumb for 2 days

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by JDizzle0420 View Post
    So is it rough? For the first 3 I played on normal and it was ok not to hard or to easy...My friend tried Titan mode on 3 and said he had to switch it down lol...
    I can't beat that poseidons horse thing when Gaia turns her hand upside down on titan....

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

Quote Originally Posted by paperkut View Post
    That's good - GoW was the game that made me get a console as I was a PC gamer beforehand. I've played the previous 3 installments and although I've had my challenges, I feel very confident playing the hardest possible difficulty setting. So this was all on 'Hard'.

PRO Member

All of the GoW games are easy... even the challenges are! That still doesn't take away the fact that they're epic games, easy or hard these games are definitely worth the money.
    Also I would play these games even if they didn't have trophys

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Missed gorgon eye

I just noticed I missed a gorgon eye. I already saved and I don't have an extra save. I don't know if I should continue or just start all over to get it. Has anyone beat Chains of Olympus yet? Does anyone know if I can just grab it on my second cleanup playthrough? I don't know if I can start a new game with all my items after I beat it.

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

I agree Dragon...I just never thought I'd live to see the day where a GoW trophy would pop up for walking over one wooden beam. It was an eye-opener to say the least.

GoW is my favorite series in the gaming world and I'm going to enjoy playing these last two - I never ended getting a PSP and I'm very happy I get to play these on the ps3.