View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

15 19.23%
  • 2 - Easy

36 46.15%
  • 3 - Moderate

26 33.33%
  • 4 - Hard

1 1.28%
  • 5 - Very Hard

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the God of War: Chains of Olympus forum, part of the G; I voted easy. I bought the game Friday had both platinums this morning...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I voted easy. I bought the game Friday had both platinums this morning
    Add me on Psn- Meil06

Huge Gaming Backlog

I voted very easy but I forgot about the challenges. Even still I would say it was easy. The hardest part of the game was challenge 5 which wasn't really hard.

Wicked Slipknot Sig and Avy by Shadow Guru: Kid420247

MK Plat = Overrated

Oh man. I almost gave this one Very Easy. The only reason I didn't is because of the challenges. They are far from hard, especially compared to some of the other GoW challenges, however, I did struggle with the "can't be hit." I think there was another one that I had a bit of trouble with as well.

The game was a lot shorter than I was expecting. I pretty much got the platinum in the first play through. The only thing I had to do afterwards was the challenges and the Mutton for Punishment trophies. Luckily, I saved a new file every time I saved it so, I was able to find a spot were there were Satyrs a-plenty.

I voted 2 - Easy. Fun game though. Good story.

Regional Manager of War

Very Easy

Took 5 hours to beat the game on Hard and 30-60 mins to do all the challenges. If this were for the PSP than it would have been Hard but thats mainly because GOW imo needs two sticks to play.

2011 Member of the Year

Voted Moderate.
    Would've been an "Easy", but there were a few tough spots.

Lvl 5 - Silver

I voted moderate.. Some hard parts on spartan, a couple of challenging challenges
    Cool game, like the rest of the gow-series.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Moderate - There were a couple difficult spots for me playing through on Hard (didn't appreciate getting stuck in a small ass room with two minatours at all towards the end of the game) That was THE toughest part for me. Plus Persephone is no joke during her first phase. Took a while for me to find the right method of attack to get past her first phase. She's MUCH easier after that part tho. Challenges aren't that bad but I got thrown by "Crunch Time" cuz I thought it was going to be easy (like all the other "break stuff" challenges in the other GOW games.) It ended up being the toughest one for me tho. Game had me raging at a couple parts so be prepared to deal with a little bit of bullshit.

An old-fashioned cowboy

This is somewhere between easy and moderate for me. I breezed through the first half of the game with very little trouble. However during the second half of the game they're were just parts were the difficulty was ridiculously harder than any other parts. There was a point in the game where I was running low on health and was out of magic and I could not for the life of me get passed this point. I had to resort to loading my previous save just to get to this point again and have a better chance of beating it. As far as boss fights go I only had trouble with Basilisk fight on the bridge until I started to block, the first fight with Charon (were he just annihilated me, although you can't win to begin with because it's part of the story), and Persophone during the first phase (as long as you get out of the way when she swoops at you and throws rocks at you, you should be fine) the other phases of the fight are pretty easy. As far as the challenges go only the don't the Perfect challenge were you can't get hit is the most challenging (mainly cause the camera for this mode sucks. The rest of the challenges were pretty simple (trial and error and you'll get them in your first few attempts). I gotta say though the Gauntlet of Zeus is probably one of the best weapons in the God of War games. Very powerful and fun to use. I'll go with 3 Moderate just cause I had to reload a save.

Oh and the Satyrs are still [email protected]#king annoying as hell. As well as those guys with the double blades.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

3, only because of hard mode and the challenge of the gods.

Plats-O'-War!!

I voted 1-Very Easy If you played one God of War game, then (in terms of style) you've played them all. The one thing that gave me the edge in the whole game is that I've played in on the PSP (who hasn't? ). So, this was nothing to me really.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

2: Easy

I didn't seem to notice anything hard anywhere in this game, i guess i just got used to playing very defensively from GoW3 titan difficulty lol. hardest part would have to be the last couple of fights leading up to the final boss. they sometimes caused me a little trouble, until i went back into defensive mode which made things super easy again.

Lvl 5 - Silver

2: Easy

No part on hard mode kept me busy for more than 15 minutes. Persephone was very easy, after I figured out when to evade and when to block I defeated her without getting hit once. Challenges except of one were very easy, I found all collectibles on my first run without any further help from a guide or such.

Prayer Warrior

i don't know that i would say it was the easiest of the 5 but it was easy for sure. there were only a couple of parts on hard mode that i had to retry a few times and the challenges i did after only a few tries each. i enjoyed the game even though a lot of people feel it's the worst in the series. guess just because i'm a gow fan lol

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Lvl 3 - Bronze

2, Easy. Only 1 bit gave me trouble near the end with the trolls and wraiths. And It was only tough because I became a bit of a hack and slash idiot all the way through the game. When I came to the trolls and wraiths I had no clue as to what I can block and parry. Just a bit of try and error and I got through it. Challenges were by far the easiest in this game. Boringly easy. I remember the days when I actually got stuck on the challenges and stopped playing because they pissed me off that much. But not in this game. Flew through them.

Retired TrophyGuide Ninja

easy - Persephone was a bitch but the rest was really easy.

WHO DAT!!!!

moderate, campaign wasnt too bad but i had trouble w a couple of the challanges....as usual

PRO Member

2. Easy. Love the GoW series and they have their moments that slow me down, but this one could be done once through on hard pretty simple. Persephone was a lil frustrating until i worked out the pattern as was the do not get hit challenge, but easiest and quickest of the GoW's to plat in my opinion. Still a fun game though!

Retired...

Moderate - All of them are pretty easy on hard mode except final boss but I figured out how to beat without damage, it took me only 15 minutes to beat and in about 5 challenges, they all are also pretty easy except challenge #2 because you have to defeat 20 enemies without being a hit!

Signature made by dsluckay & PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

Lvl 3 - Bronze

easy game , some parts were tricky but nothing bad

A plat a month!

Voted Easy, a few tricky spots, but nothing that a few practice runs wouldn't sort out!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast