HELP!!!! Wraiths and Birds

This is a discussion on HELP!!!! Wraiths and Birds within the God of War: Ghost of Sparta forum, part of the G; On this section towards the end where you climb up this small wall and then a bunch of birds and ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

HELP!!!! Wraiths and Birds

On this section towards the end where you climb up this small wall and then a bunch of birds and wraiths spawn. I can't beat it, I have played I swear 100 times almost and cannot beat it. I am playing on hard and this is starting to just get insane. This is the only portion that has given me fits. Anyone have an tips to help me out?

Nope, nothing

Oh maaan I know how you feel this pissed me off as well!

My only advice I can really give, apart from dodging a lot;
    Try and get rid of the birds first (if not then just be wary of them) and then use the Spear and Shield, jump in the air and spam and ...if that's how you throw spears anyway and then when you land just get ready to either jump again or dodge that horrible grab they do.

It also helps is the Spear is upgraded a fair bit!

This tip helps a lot later on when there's an even worse bit with Wraiths

Lvl 1 - Bronze

oh great ... even worse wraiths.. I hate this game

thanks for the tip I am going to give it a try now

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    Oh maaan I know how you feel this pissed me off as well!

My only advice I can really give, apart from dodging a lot;
    Try and get rid of the birds first (if not then just be wary of them) and then use the Spear and Shield, jump in the air and spam and ...if that's how you throw spears anyway and then when you land just get ready to either jump again or dodge that horrible grab they do.

It also helps is the Spear is upgraded a fair bit!

This tip helps a lot later on when there's an even worse bit with Wraiths

ok I officially hate you...

I did this strategy and it took me one time... I played so many times and was failing.. using magic .. spear.. chains... i just hate you right now

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Username View Post
    ok I officially hate you...

I did this strategy and it took me one time... I played so many times and was failing.. using magic .. spear.. chains... i just hate you right now
    glad you did it mate.
    I did it without the Spear ...it was the second bit I was on about which I reeeaaaallllyyy needed it

MK Plat = Overrated

I did that part without using the spear and did it on the first try; however, the part near the end with the wraiths and cyclops in a tiny little room, I had trouble with. I wish I knew about using the spear then. I had it maxed out too. Blahh. Oh well, i blazed through it eventually anyways.

I liked this one way better than CoO.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

This spot sounds like a major pain in the butt. I look forward to getting owned to death until i break everything in my house then haha. good tips to try out first though, thanks for that

Lvl 7 - Gold

I'm getting fucking tired of this bullshit, this is the 5th game and I've started to think these games aren't as good as I thought they were. It's always bullshit monsters, you can't block and if you get hit you can't do shit for 5 seconds, if Kratos does ANYTHING you can't interuppt it until he's finished doing it which takes a while. I'm tired of getting killed coz I accidently click on extra square or L1.

Toggle Spoiler

currently working on several games

My first trophy guide - FIFA 14

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by prarpin View Post
    I did that part without using the spear and did it on the first try; however, the part near the end with the wraiths and cyclops in a tiny little room, I had trouble with. I wish I knew about using the spear then. I had it maxed out too. Blahh. Oh well, i blazed through it eventually anyways.

I liked this one way better than CoO.
    The wraiths and cyclops/troll bastards were the only thing in this game that gave me any kind of trouble.

Little tip for this when you get to it. You can parry EVERY attack the wraith throws out. Even they're grabs. Those bitches pissed me off so much I switched the game off twice. And I rarely get like that. But after I stopped dodging and jumping like a shitbag (all I did), I tested out what I can parry. The Cyclops you can parry his 4 punches. Everything else, run. If you parry the 1st punch, hold R1 and press triangle for heavy attack with flame, then when the 3rd punch comes out, repeat. If your flame is maxed, this will go smoothly. And just keep watching what everyone is doing and parry everything that you can. But your flame is key here.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by prarpin View Post

That room was aweful! one of the only rooms i remember from playing it months ago

PRO Member

I'm having trouble getting through the challenge where you have to kill everything... I wonder if the shield and spear trick will work on that as well? I will give it a go in the morning i hope it works.. i'm burnt out tonight though