Strategy for Ares challenge: Unscathed

This is a discussion on Strategy for Ares challenge: Unscathed within the God of War: Ghost of Sparta forum, part of the G; A lot of poeple have been having trouble with this challenge so I decided I would share the strategy that ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Strategy for Ares challenge: Unscathed

A lot of poeple have been having trouble with this challenge so I decided I would share the strategy that worked for me.

Wave 1: Consists of a single Cyclops. Using the [] [] /\ combo with Thera's Bane plants a bomb that will go off in several seconds and this is very effective on the cyclops and gorgons.

Wave 2: Consists of 2 Gorgons. As soon as you kill the first one wave 3 will start.

Wave 3: Adds another gorgon to get the count back up to 2 and also has 6 Fire harpies. In my opinion this is the wave that will give you the most trouble, and i recommend with the combat arena to familiarize your self with these guys. I think that using the grab attack is the easiest way to kill them but becomes risky if you do it more then once in a row. If you leave any gorgons they will continue onto the next wave.

Wave 4: Consists of 6 Cursed wretches (the tiny spiting spiders). These nasty little things will spit at you and if you hit by a single one game over. the good thing is that they are blockable and have a instant kill grab. Even though you can parry and through the spit back for a kill, most of the time it will just leave you open and will result in you getting hit.

Now for the Actual strategy:
    Deal with the cyclops however you want but i would recommend picking with off with [] [] /\ and keeping your distance. After he dies the gorgons spawn and they atually very rarely attack you. they will stick to their grab attack (which if you do minigame right you wont be damaged) and their stone attack. Damage the first one until he if able to be grabbed for his finisher, and then switch to the other gorgon and kill him. This will spawn the first 3 of the fire harpies. Run over to the remaining gorgon and grab him. When you rip off his head you will stone everything around you and the first harpies will fall to the ground and shatter. Run over and quickly break the other gorgon that spawned and that will be the end of them. 3 fire harpies will be left, After you take care of them the spiders will spawn. Immediatly start blocking, when your blocking the spit wont damage you and they will move towars you to jump on you. Grab them when they get close, If you can chain grab them do it! They wont attack or spit at you while grabbing. After youve grabbed all of them you can block and repeat until all are dead.

Hopefully with this you will be able to get past this challenge without ripping too much hair out! And if you need any help on any of the other challenges post and ill try to help you as best I can. Good luck

Lvl 1 - Bronze

i can see how easy this challenge will become with practice and timing already, and i have just started Ghost of Sparta on my first playthrough. completely makes sense, and i know that timing has a lot to do with success in this game already, great tips, i will enjoy using them, thank you very much for taking away the frustration i would've had if i didn't look here first

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Or you could do wave 2 an easier way by using the shield and spear (press down direction on the D-Pad to pull them out) and just do square, square, triangle twice to kill the Gordon's quickly. Also an easy sweep with square, square on the birds tends to kill them easily and in numbers usually. This made it so much easier. It was a breeze to be honest.

Lvl 6 - Silver

for the spiders, what i did was make sure i still had some magic left, and used the void or whatever its called, that sucks all the enemies into one spot. from there i used the spear/shields charge attack, and killed all of em at once lols. i think this had 2 be done twice as more respawn but you get the gist.

PRO Member

This strategy workes perfectly i really appreciate it!

Lvl 6 - Silver

the first cylops can be dealt with the arms of sparta's basic followed by the :circle: prompt repeat 3 times. you can just spam the three square attacks before he will attack you once.
    Batman Arkham Asylum l Batman Arkham City l Bioshock l Borderlands l GoW: Chains of Olympus l God of War
    GoW: Ghost of Sparta l God of War II l God of War III l InFamous l Killzone l Killzone 3 l LEGO Batman 2 l LEGO LotR
    LittleBigPlanet l LittleBigPlanet Vita l Plants Vs. Zombies Vita l PS All-Stars Vita l R&C: Going Commando
    R&C: Up Your Arsenal l R&C: A Crack in Time l R&C: All4One l R&C: Full Frontal Assault l Resistance: Burning Skies
    The Walking Dead l Trine 2 l Uncharted: Golden Abyss